We're on Facebook!

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all, good news. We are on Facebook, open to all. If you use Facebook, the page is salemspectator.com
YOU can post comments, pictures, videos, whatever.
So, o.k. I love Days. I love it all, I don't like a lot of what is currently doing on, but Days it is. Yep, I gripe, but I think there are positives always.
Anyway, take a look...participate...add to the fun. Bless your hearts.

Apologies to all.

Yesterday, in the fervor to get everything set up, I created the Spectator Facebook page then apparently (and quite accidentally) scared the beecheebus out of a few folks.

What I need to explain es mea culpa, is that I also have several other projects in the works as side-projects, such as a site called "dailygrinch.com" where things are a little more politically conservative and a little more free-formed and kvetchy about things (hence the name of the site). I spent years blogging for myself on segwayne.com and only attracted spammers, so I thought I would step back and try something a little more widely targeted to a conservative tech-minded audience.

Anyway, back to the oopsy...

Yesterday, when cross-posting to the DailyGrinch FB page, it seems I accidentally clicked a wrong button somewhere, sending the post to the newly-created Spectator FB page by mistake. The article in question was about the 9/11 Terrorist attacks which -- obviously -- should never have been on the Spectator site.

It was only online for about 3 minutes before I realized my mistake but since the Spectator page is new and attracting a lot of attention at that exact moment, several people saw it and completely freaked out...

Again, I apologize, and I'll try to be a lot more careful in the future.

It would help us out greatly in promoting SalemSpectator.com if you would consider "Liking" the Spectator Facebook page *and* inviting your FB friends to join/like it as well.

The Spectator page is NOT a replacement for the forum here. There's no way to replace this great site. The FB page is just another way for us to get more people to visit our lovely home here. Visitors turn into Members and stay for a while. That helps us, and actually helps the show as well, and that's all great because helping the Days of Our Lives community is why we're here in the first place...

How about a G+ community?
I have never used Facebook.
Everyone with a Gmail has a G+ page (whether they know/use it or not) so some communities are quite large.
Otherwise I know many people who do use Facebook and watch Days so I will encourage them to make the connection.

How about a G+ community?
I have never used Facebook.
Everyone with a Gmail has a G+ page (whether they know/use it or not) so some communities are quite large.
Otherwise I know many people who do use Facebook and watch Days so I will encourage them to make the connection.
I can't speak for Poirot, but the staff is pretty much stretching thin I believe between the winter season, this site, and now the facebook page. G+ might become an eventuality, but then it becomes "what about Twitter", "What about MySpace", "What about XYZLMNOP"...

I'm just saying we probably want to pick our battles to see if the Facebook will have a positive, or negative impact on the site. Could go either way really...

Wayne

Back