What day (or date) is it in Salem?

maruuac

Reaction score
I'm confused. Can someone tell me what the date is in Salem? Daniel died on New Year's Eve and has yet to be buried, Brady received a heart transplant and Hope killed Stefano. What date is it now?

It seems like weeks since this has all happened, but no funeral for Daniel yet? I know that the funeral will take place this week, but why has it taken this long for a small intimate funeral? Chloe has come and gone with Parker and we saw Melanie briefly. We will see them at the funeral coming up, but it just seems poorly orchestrated. Even Nicole didn't even know when the funeral was taking place until Theresa told her today. I'm just scratching my head with this whole story line.:confused:

You are not the only one.
When Justin was taking Hope's statement, and it was being video recorded, he specified the date as being January 18, 2016........which was the date on which we were seeing the episode. No idea just WHAT date it is now in Salem, but even Jan. 18th is a long time after to learn there has yet to be a funeral.

That said....sometimes funerals are delayed because relatives are coming from far away, weather doesn't always cooperate, or other factors. That is not the case here. Already was said "small service". Also, that he was being cremated. This is appalling. Brady is being released after heart transplant, Eric is well enough after treatment to be released and hauled off to jail, but Daniel has yet to have a funeral.

Time is very fluid in Salem. Having said that, I'm still not certain why they have pushed this funeral off so far. It makes absolutely no sense. Paige's funeral was similar in that 4 weeks went by from the time of her death to her funeral in real time. The same has occurred here with Daniel.

One person's organs and tissues can be used for several people. If a body is kept fresh they could have harvested a lot of Daniel and there would be pieces of him all over Salem. A body donated for science is not turned over to the family for months. However I don't think days thought that hard about it.

If that is the case, it usually is done right away, with the organs kept cool, etc. That is what the National Organ bank is all about. Heck, major organs are one thing, but plenty of other parts can be harvested...i.e. corneas, skin. I think we have seen, on the news, where an entire face has been used. (and no, the recipient doesn't then look like the donor).
I really WAS surprised that if Daniel was an organ donor, there was not mention of other organs being harvested to be used for others.

I'm sure if they had used Daniel's face the recipient would look exactly like Daniel. After all, Brady now has his memories. Only in Salem. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OMG! I just had a thought. If Shawn Christian (Daniel) ever wanted to come back, they could say he was the person that received his face.:rotfl::rotfl:

Back