What happened to Hope?

lonewriter

Reaction score
I remember the Hope I fell in love with when she first kissed Bo in the kissing booth. I remember the incredible wedding in London, the birth of Shawn Douglas, I cried when she "died" in the acid explosion and when Princess Gina finally remembered she was Hope. I cried again when I saw her son Zack die and was happy when Ciara was born (too bad she turned into a brat) but the Hope I loved no longer exist.

This Hope is a nasty person who kills a man (even if it was Stefano) and frames someone else (even if it's Andre) she had no compassion for Chase, she could have gotten him help before he raped Ciara if she had bothered to pay attention to him or Ciara. She also didn't wait very long to grieve Bo's death before falling in love with Rafe. The writers have ruined one of my favorite characters.

Hope & Rafe were good friends, very good friends. When Bo died, Hope snapped, and was really not herself, as she vowed to bring down the man responsible.

And I believe she just had no qualms when she thought it was Stefano, who seemed to enjoy her seeking revenge on him, and was disappointed when she could not go thru with killing him. So he goaded her, using all the best insults he could muster up, and did a good job of it. She still resisted, until he called the recently dear departed Bo a few nasty names. She snapped right there, and Stefano enjoyed it all, laughed, as he wanted her to kill him.

And while I don't condone it, Stefano did horrible things to Salemites, and so did Andre'. Karma came back at them. I have a feeling that Andre' will get off anyway. And probably join forces with Deimos to cause more misery and heartache in Salem.

I'm really not too worried about Hope, because the real Hope Williams will return and she, Kayla, and Ciara's trashing of Bo Brady will resume now that Aiden has returned.

Well, Dena Higley was on a leave of absence for several months, & for the past several months we have been seeing the writing of Josh Griffith mostly. (Beth Milstein came aboard to help after Dena was gone, and you will see her name in the credits as co-headwriter)

What happened to Hope? Dena Higley destroyed her to give Rafe a purpose to stay on this show.

Rafe has a purpose on the show without Hope being in his orbit. He is a detective, a brother, a son, a friend, etc. This is what happens when the show cuts cast in the 30-40 range. They start romantically mixing cast members that are a mismatch: Kate/Rafe and Brady/Jeannie T being prime examples.

As for Hope, no way the real Hope would ignore her own granddaughter and treat her like a stranger. Or her own son for that matter. She should be equally concerned as John and Marlena about the Shawn and Belle mess. And the fact that she is so open to Belle after Belle cheated on Shawn is just mind boggling. I know they've always been close but we should be seeing Hope's mama bear come out here.

I'd even be able to accept that parts of Princess Gina still reside in Hope's brain which has caused her change of character and not remembering Claire as her granddaughter. LOL! Anything really writers at this rate.

Well, Dena Higley was on a leave of absence for several months, & for the past several months we have been seeing the writing of Josh Griffith mostly. (Beth Milstein came aboard to help after Dena was gone, and you will see her name in the credits as co-headwriter)

What we're seeing right now is by Josh Griffith? Amazing!

Back