What???

Yes, read that early this a.m. 71/2 months ahead now. Wonder if they will remember that it is winter in the midwest, and folks do not run around dressed like it is mid-summer in L.A.

Just think, in Salem, they already have done Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween,...won't be long before Valentine's Day! We won't have even gotten to Father's Day.

Bad enough when they did 3 months ahead........but this now ...yes, it is insane. It is no wonder so many actors leave, or only agree to short term arcs. The pace is hard on the actors.
Prime time shows, who only have 1 episode a week, cannot be compared, as some defenders of this pace have done. (citing a few shows that film an entire season, and then show it 6 mos later. Let's see, a season may be 13-16 weeks. And they take nearly the entire week to film the one show!)

It's still upsetting to me to have them film so far in advance..... How can you gauge the chemistry two characters have that might make a big difference to the planned story, if the fans like them then it's great, if fans aren't behind the couple you can change it..... but not when you are filming so far in advance.....

I hope something comes from the lawsuit.... but with the current story lines it's doubtful the show will still be around....

It’s a shame they film so far ahead. Too much rushing to film ahead. Focus on better writing and taking more time on filming scenes that are better quality. Make the show better. Isn’t that common sense?

To tell the truth I don't understand the "why" of filming so far ahead. Yes, their income was drastically reduced, but they have reduced cast, cut the sets, no longer shoot on location. Cast have taken pay cuts, as has backstage crew. Originally, I had thought they wanted to play it safe, in case of a writers' strike again, so they would be able to stay on the air with new episodes. But then they were maybe 3 months ahead. This has gotten ridiculous.
Currently, the cast seems to take turns not being seen for a couple of weeks. Rafe goes to help out Sami with Johnny, Jennifer goes to visit Abby & Chad, Maggie/Kate just are not seen, John vanishes, tho we see Marlena. (this may be due to how this headwriter fashions storylines, and how they deal with the appearance guarantees).
Heck, this is why no one has a home anymore, everyone lives in a hotel room, and the square is everyone's meeting and workplace. Also, whereas no cast member has 3 or 4 year contracts anymore, they only get 1 year, or less!

Once again they don't really want any feedback from the fans. They will shove their agenda down our throats until we are so disgusted we walk. Can't have a show without fans. If all fans have to say is "WOW didn't see that coming (snark! snark!)" and such, they are just ego maniacs that think they know what we want. It took them this long to bring back Steve after the fan outrage. When actors return like Matthew Ashford (Jack) and say they came back because a fantastic storyline was laid out for them and we get this drivel?

The show - its producers and writers - are so out of touch with the fan base. People stay because of history. They aren't building any history for the future of this show. You don't have to please the fans all the time. They keep begging us to have faith in them and then shame on us we let them put this garbage out there. Corday's parents would be so disappointed in his handling of all things Days.

Maggie dealing with the fallout has some interest. Victor and Kate (seriously, again??) not so much. Hope connected to anyone but Bo has not worked. They have not put out people with chemistry. Jen and Jack don't show any signs of reuniting and Eve is beyond annoying. I think I would rather see Xander than Eve. Jack with Eve have the chemistry of turnip greens and a black tie dinner. Abe and Sheila - never was believable even as working partners. Lani and anyone. JJ has grown on me and maybe his relationship with Haley will work out.

Stop picking current political hot topics to show your bias. I don't care what anyone in La La Land thinks about politics. This show should be romance, suspense, good vs evil, and above all, family.

Last edited:
I got a super sneak-peak of a new ornament:

0c4972e873866c6fa8077c901ab19523.jpg

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post directly above your own post - JS

Is this actually from the show itself?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would make so much more sense if they saved some of that money they are throwing at bringing back people and then not having any stories for them and then maybe they could make the filming more current. They must be spending a lot to bring those actors back and then we have them thrown in our faces with no story or one that drags on until the next face from the past comes back. Since they are now filming New Year's, it boggles the mind. If they get cancelled, they could still run for almost a year and not film anything new.

Back