When Days did MUSIC.....

Loved it! What a nice trip down memory lane. I think Friends and Lovers was one of my favorites. That, and the song Doug sang frequently to Susan -- I think "Better every Day" might have been the name of it.
Loved the little clip of Rex singing to Mimi. I miss them.

Gloria Loring (Liz Chandler Curtis) and Carl Anderson recorded the song, but they didn't write it. It was written by Jay Gruska and Paul Gordon.

A country version was also recorded by Juice Newton and Eddie Rabbit, but title was slightly changed to Both To Each Other (Friends and Lovers).

To this day I can't listen to "Lady in Red" and not think of Days......
too bad the "new" group of fans... the "twitterites" don't know how great it used to be.....how it's just a poor reflection of what once was...

I do not mean to say that folks who tweet are all young and are not fans of the show... but I have musical memories of the show... not a single tweet memory of the show....

I LOVED the time before musicians/companies got so greedy not all of them are but with the companies pushing them to not let anyone use anything without paying . When I heard a Bette Middler song Gift of love on an anniversary show ,I had to know the name of the song and who it was I searched till I found it..that to me was good publicity.
Days characters could sing back then. Doug...I loved him singing to Julie The most beautiful girl in the world.. even if it was before I started watching and saw it on an anniversary show.
Justin singing Give me Wings to Adrienne is one of my favorite Days music memories. Also Eve Donovan singing Wind beneath my wings and O holy Night ..beautiful

Robinsnest same with me about Lady in Red Steve and Kayla

When I heard a Bette Middler song Gift of love on an anniversary show ,I had to know the name of the song and who it was I searched till I found it..that to me was good publicity.
I hunted high and low to find out the name of that song and who sang it when it was used during that anniversary show. The next day they used Patti Austin's version of True Love for the montage of babies that were born and I had to hunt high and low to find out who sang that song, too. That was back in the "olden days" before the internet could give you the answer in two minutes.

lol Me too LOVED that song too.. AND Jeffery Osbournes song Greatest Love Affair Those three WOW

OMG "Friends and Lovers" ... I had forgotten about this!!! Ohhh THANK YOU... It so brings me back to a time when I was little, and crushing on Billy Warlock (Frankie)... and my sister and I would watch DAYS and we'd sing these types of songs together... hahaha... ohh and my sister named her cabbage patch doll "Hope" and I was mad- because Hope was MY favorite. Ohhh the "Good ol DAYS" Wow... takes me back.

edited to add character's name...JS

Shawn and Belle's song became my wedding song, LOL. And I was obsessed with Martina McBride's "Valentine" because of Bo and Hope for awhile.

I miss the Days that involved music. Thing is, a lot of the cast they currently have can sing too, so there's not really any excuse. I'm hoping with this new nightclub, maybe they will start again.

They can't. The reason being "royalties". I have heard celebrities on talk shows start to sing a few words or line from a song..and the host quickly stops them, they don't have permission, haven't paid the royalties, etc.
That is why we only get "orginal" music, created by the music team on the show. Or, when Peter Reckell was on the show, his wife, Kelly Moneymaker, sometimes let them use one of her original songs. I think she even sang them herself a couple of times.

I remember reading a little article in SOD several years ago about a woman who worked for one of the soaps (not Days). She said due to the cost of using "known" music, she'd often browse through MySpace to find original songs and music to use on the show.

That has to be a win/win situation, since the show could use the song for little to no money, and the artist would get the national airplay of their song.

LOL, I remember when Michael Buble' got his start in America on Days. He was an unknown, from Canada, loved old standards (his grampa encouraged him about that) and also wrote his own music.
It was Valentine's Day, and Bo/Hope were talking of what if they had never met at that carnival. Then figured it was inevitable, that in their lives, their paths would have eventually crossed...and thus a fantasy/daydream sequence, with Hope sitting at the bar in the Blue Note, Bo walks in, they exchange a few words. And then Michael Buble' is on the little stage, and sang "That's All". Oh, my gosh, it was fantastic. He had his very first album coming out in 2 weeks, I know I ordered it, so did Linda (from Early Edition). I even got an additional little CD with it, as a thank you. It was a smash, and of course he has gone on to fame. giving sold out concerts all over the U.S. and the world.
Anyway, when the song ended, Bo & Hope were "together" in that daydream...just meant to be.

You know what's funny about that? As they discussed, Hope didn't meet Bo until she was a teen (and played by Kristian Alfonso), but they re-wrote history to say Hope and Bo were friends as little kids and even taped "new" flashbacks to show them as kids together.

I think they did the same thing with Shawn-Douglas and Belle. Shawn-Douglas was born about six years before Belle, but they taped "new" flashbacks to show them together as little kids (and they were about the same age in the flashback).

Back