When Days really DID weddings.......

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nup-138138-0010-jpg.jpg

Obviously, this is Doug & Julie's wedding, long time ago, when Days really did .......perhaps JS or KathyLu can tell us who all the attendants and ushers are. (yes, I see Maggie, & I think one of the ushers is Bill Horton (standing right behind Robert Clary who played Robert LeClair (I remember him as LeBeau on Hogan's Heroes).

Days really used to go all out for the weddings......even years later, but now...heck, married off camera, or at home with one or two people watching. No more lovely dresses, tuxes, churches, flowers, etc.

Last edited:
nup-138138-0010-jpg.jpg

Starting on the left, the end bridesmaid is Rebecca North (Hope's one-time nanny, and mother of Dougie LeClair, Doug's secret son), Maggie, Laura, Amanda Peters, Julie, Doug, Alice, Tom, with Robert LeClair in front of Tom, Bill Horton, Greg Peters, Tommy Horton and David Banning.

These photos make my heart reminisce for the golden Days! They had super-couples, extravagant weddings, families attended church regularly according to their faith, and families were strong. Just add Jack Deveraux and Jennifer Horton to my list of dream weddings.

What a difference a few decades make. A modern compendium of weddings would show EJ being shot off the altar, Chad disrupting Nick-Gabi, Eve dumping Brady instead of saying I do, the raccoons watching Rafe and Hope take their cabin vows in what could be the shortest marriage in Salem history, Aiden checking his neckties soon after the ceremony, and the press intruding on Will-Sonny.

Don't forget bat-crap crazy Vivian trying to kill Melanie with the poisoned comb. Or the X-man Xander kidnapping Jeannie T before she got to the church.

Plus now, weddings are in living rooms, bars, hotel rooms, & Days won't even pay for extra or under 5 to do the marrying as JP or minister.... Instead, Salemites are asked to get credentials online, or something, to perform the ceremonies. Currently, Marlena, Abe & Justin all have the ability to pronounce people married. Egads.

Here are a couple of favorite wedding photos for Jack Deveraux and Jennifer Horton Deverreaux:

Smaller, less expensive weddings but still beautiful & meaningful.

I remember seeing Jack & Jennifer's outdoor wedding. I may have seen a few of the others (I watched with my parents from an early age), but don't remember them. However, I do remember Bo interrupting Hope's wedding (to Larry Welch). When he stole the cop's motorcycle.

Plus now, weddings are in living rooms, bars, hotel rooms, & Days won't even pay for extra or under 5 to do the marrying as JP or minister.... Instead, Salemites are asked to get credentials online, or something, to perform the ceremonies. Currently, Marlena, Abe & Justin all have the ability to pronounce people married. Egads.
Yes, and then when they go and do a church wedding, it's a CATHOLIC church for a divorced couple and a gay couple. Okiedokie.

I remember seeing Jack & Jennifer's outdoor wedding. I may have seen a few of the others (I watched with my parents from an early age), but don't remember them. However, I do remember Bo interrupting Hope's wedding (to Larry Welch). When he stole the cop's motorcycle.
I grew up watching with my grandma, aunts and Mom glued to Days. Nothing else was done that hour! It gives me an overall sense of the show like you have too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back