When did you join SalemSpectator.com?

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Hi guys,

About 2008 or so, some of you may recall that we swapped software from a package called Xoops to what we have now (Xenforo).

In the conversion, the userids didn't match up (userid 4 might be userid 6 on the current system) so the JOINED date never made the transition.

There are over 3000 user accounts in the database that didn't get a proper join date, so they show "Joined: 1969" (paraphrasing) in their info block.

Because of the mismatch, I CANNOT just do a single click, update for everyone.

That being said, if you are showing a join date of 1969 and you REALLY would like to show the proper date (if it REALLY bothers you), I would be more than happy to manually go in, find your old record, verify and match the old UID to the new userid, then update your record.

Just let me know by responding to this thread please? I'll go through and manually update if there's enough interest.

Wayne

Last edited:
I've gone in and manually updated about a dozen so far as I've found you in recent threads, or currently online. Of course, this isn't everyone, so if you find that you're still listed as Joined: Dec 31, 1969, please reply to this thread and I'll sort it out for you...

Thanks for doing that Wayne, It's going to be interesting to
see when everyone actually joined.

@Daysdegrassi - According to the web, the domain was registered October 16th, 2006, but it took us about a month to figure out what we wanted to do with it, get everything installed, tested, and then reinstalled the right way, then to get everything prepared for the first visitors.

It was, as I recall, me, Poirot, then KathyLu...

Originally, we used a software called vBulletin (which still runs on my first site (amiga.org), then Xoops, now Xenforo. No, I really don't know where they come up with these names either, but hey, they work... :)

Wayne

Back