When was the last time?

sophierose

Reaction score
I've been watching Days for the past 40+ years and am trying to remember (I'm getting old and the memory isn't so great) when, if at all, has there been a planned pregnancy that made it to term and who were the parents? All these rape pregnancies, one-night-stand pregnancies, grief-sex pregnancies and multiple partner-who's the daddy pregnancies are getting really old.

Not sure if Abby was "planned", but she was born to a happily married couple and there was no question as to her paternity. Same with Sami and Eric.

Joy Wesley was planned.

Sonny was born to a happily married couple (off-screen).

Brady interrupted John and Isabella's wedding to make his entrance into the world.

DJ Craig and Jennifer were also born to parents who were married and eagerly expecting their babies.

So what it amounts to is......The wanted babies born to loving couples are all adults now, and it has been years and years since. That answers the question as to the last time, and confirms the fact that pregnancies in the last several years have been unwanted, results of one night stands, rape, grief sex, and "geeee, who is the daddy this time" stories.
Don't know why writers continue to think this is what the viewers just love!

Wasn't JJ also planned?

I'd add Arianna to the list foo as she's part of an unconventional family so I count that too.

Allie Horton

It happened offscreen but seems like all the Hernandez kids, Paige included, were born to happily married parents

Wasn't JJ also planned?
No, not really, although he was conceived to happily married parents. Jenn found out she was pregnant with JJ after Jack had "died".

I don't know if you can count Arianna and Allie. Ari was born into a bit of a mess, with Nick blackmailing Will about her paternity. It's not like Gabi and Will were happily anticipating her birth. And with Allie, there was a question of paternity due to the rape. While Sami and Lucas were happy about the pregnancy, the cloud of unknown paternity hung over it.

If you want to include the Hernandez kids and Paige, then you'd have to throw in the Brady kids (well, except Bo), along with Tom and Alice's children. But the original comment was about babies born during the run of the show, not characters who came on as adults (or a teen, in Paige's case).

Theo Carver was planned Remember Lexie doing headstands to help gravity along

Last edited by a moderator:
Theo wasn't planned. Abe was going to divorce Lexie because of her part in "kidnapping" Zack. She then slept with Brandon Walker, and later found out she was pregnant. They had to do a paternity test to determine who was Theo's father.

Back