Where in the blazes is Rafe?!

Rafe... Rafe.... *scratches head* Right. Didn't he have some scenes with Sami for awhile? Was a cop, right? Yeah, I vaguely remember him. Didn't he dance out of town with that boring brunette a couple of weeks ago? She had some sort of odd name... after a really famous river. Um, Ganges? No, I think it was a J... Jackson? Judith? Jefferson? Oh, Jordan, was that it?

This show waited until they had a whole bunch of active criminals running around to send Rafe to go clean glasses at Victor's bar. He could have gotten a tip about Aiden's wife and started investigating, causing some tension between Hope/Rafe and Hope/Aiden

He could investigate Clyde and his business and eventually lead to everyone finding out Victor is back in the game.

Then we have Theresa and Brady being drugged, Serena the queen of thieves and now Stefano has returned. But sure, he'll be of much better use in a club they will barely show. Great.

Awww what a sweetheart! He has favorited tweets of mine too.

This show waited until they had a whole bunch of active criminals running around to send Rafe to go clean glasses at Victor's bar. He could have gotten a tip about Aiden's wife and started investigating, causing some tension between Hope/Rafe and Hope/Aiden

He could investigate Clyde and his business and eventually lead to everyone finding out Victor is back in the game.

Then we have Theresa and Brady being drugged, Serena the queen of thieves and now Stefano has returned. But sure, he'll be of much better use in a club they will barely show. Great.

And he should have been involved in the investigation to clear Eric. It would have been great to see him and Nicole working together.

I'm thinking Rafe being fired from the force will be explained that he has been undercover and that the whole scene where Roman fired him was all an act. Please bring back the Rafe that Days had him when he first came on the show. A smart F I agent who could see through people's lies and manipulations.

Galen Gering (Rafe) is the actor I want to see on my tv screen when I watch Days! Even with poor writing and no storylines...he always delivers! I seem to recall Corday saying at the beginning of 2015 Rafe would not be getting a new love interest until late spring or so....but I agree with those who stated what a waste of great talent.

Was so happy to read his tweet that good things are coming...let's hope the new writers will pick up the slack and write for RAFE!

And the new writers may do exactly has been suggested here......the firing was fake, he was undercover, etc. Maybe to try and find out the moles within the cop shop????? Bernardi was one, there are probably more.

Oh, there was/is story where Rafe SHOULD be involved, but Dr. DanTan is shoved into the story instead. It is amazing that the man has time for rounds at the hospital, surgery, spending time with his son, counseling JJ, arguing with Nicole and Jen as well, besides all the other investigative work.
For some reason, the suits no longer wanted Rafe as a cop, so got him fired, and since they could not put him in a coma again, he becomes the manager of a nightclub??? Give me a break!
I think these writers knew they were going to be let go, so purposely have been sabotaging the show.

Rafe was a MAJOR character, very charismatic and a fan favorite. And, by the way, last week, I sent a message to Days......"We found Waldo, but Where in the World is Rafe?"

Kinda sorta off topic:
This brings up an interesting point I've been pondering (it's either ponder pointless stuff about Days, or clean the house again...what would you choose?) Does anyone know when Gary Tomlin & Christopher Whitesell would have had an indication that they were being replaced, and how much time passed until they were actually gone? I would have hoped that the Executive Producer (Lisa DeCazotte (I think that's how it's spelled)) would have had some say-so about what was written, but maybe she knew she was on the way out as well & just gave everything an OK stamp of approval. Can anyone shed some light on this, or is this hush-hush information that fans aren't privy to? Thanks in advance. :)

We can only guess and speculate. Unless you have someone from backstage that slips out some info, yes, it is all hush, hush.
But, common sense will tell you that the hunt for new writers was not done in a day or two, that there had to be negotiations, contracts, lawyers, phone calls, letters, etc. for some time. Also, since the NBC/Sony suits stick their noses in a lot, there MAY have been word from them coming down a lot, especially with the slide in ratings. The poor showing in Nov. sweeps, poor story, etc. just had to be cherry on the cake.
WE see stuff now filmed at least 5-6 months ago, which means Sept./October film dates. And which also means TPTB were already, back then, not very happy with what was going on.

Deleted unnecessary quote; no need to quote the post that is directly above your own post - JS

Thanks for the reply - I didn't think it would be common knowledge, but wanted to see if I was just missing something. :)

Oh Poirot!! I LOVE that you tweeted this thread topic to Galen Gering (Rafe)!!! And he RESPONDED!!! :love:Makes me love the guy all the more. Let's hope he's serious about good stuff coming and soon!!
:OT:As to the issue of the backstage goings on, it once again comes back to the idiotic taping schedule. It seems as if the ratings drop as well as the grumblings and overall dissatisfaction with the show by fans started in November. I recall Ken Corday doing an interview I believe for sweeps that month saying he hoped the fans would be understanding of all the "newbie" stories coming their way. So we were inundated with Jordan/Chad, Ben/Abby, Clyde/Kate, Paul/Will/Sonny, Serena/Eric, Melanie/Brady, Paige/JJ/Eve/Jennifer, Aiden/Hope. And then of course Daniel has to be involved in just about everything. Meanwhile, Nicole is stuck in Dr. Jerk/elephant storyline hell, Marlena floats around town with not much to do hardly having any scenes with John, Rafe is nowhere to be found, etc. I have to imagine that the process to change writers was in motion well before the announcement came in mid-Feb but I think they could have made the change even sooner than that. We've already endured 4 months of bad stories and will have to endure at least 5 more as I'm sure we won't see the new stuff until September. It's time for Sony/NBC/Corday to take one for the team and get the taping schedule back to no more than 3 months ahead.

Undercover or not, Rafe is still hardly on. If he's working on an assignment, wouldn't we see some of it? I don't think TPTB have decided what to do with him at this point. I also don't the writers have much, if any, say-so about which characters they write for. Someone higher up would make those decisions.

Undercover or not, Rafe is still hardly on. If he's working on an assignment, wouldn't we see some of it? I don't think TPTB have decided what to do with him at this point. I also don't the writers have much, if any, say-so about which characters they write for. Someone higher up would make those decisions.

Bingo or any of the characters really. LOL.:clap:

Back