Who do you like?

Hmmm, do you mean characters, or the actors who portray them.

I love Nicole as portrayed by Ari Zucker. She can show such a huge range of emotion, without even saying a word. No, I don't like some of what Nicole does, but I hate that she is the show's punching bag.

I like both Will & Sonny, really feel that Guy Wilson has made the part of Will is own, and Freddie Smith playing Sonny....have liked him since the day he first showed up.

Love Rafe, as portrayed by Galen Gering. I think it a shame that the show shoved the character onto the back burner for so long, and am very glad he is out and about, no crutches or canes, and no harm to the brain cells. They are working just fine. :)

Arianne Zucker (Nicole) is my favorite. In my opinion she makes whoever she's sharing scenes with shine and brings a ton of interest and energy to every scene she does. It doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous too. I absolutely love the character of Nicole despite these shenanigans with the shreds and I'm hoping that she does not become the town pariah again.

My three favorite characters are Daniel, Nicole and JJ. I returned to watching after a long absence when Casey Moss (JJ) came onto the scene. There was something magnetic about him that got me really interested, and I have loved his story arc from the beginning. I am a huge fan of redemption stories and I'm in grad school to become a counselor for teens and young adults, so I'm sure that has something to do with it but I also think Casey Moss is a phenomenal actor and has made JJ's angst very believable over the past year.

I love Daniel for so many reasons. His dedication to helping people, his loyalty, his willingness to put what he believes is right above what conventional wisdom or, at times, the law says he SHOULD do are just some of the reasons I enjoy this character. I thought he and Nicole were on fire together and I was disappointed when she moved out of his apartment. I wish they had gone with Daniel/Nicole instead of Daniel/Jen, but I'm glad that (at least for now) they've preserved Daniel and Nicole's friendship

Nicole/Ari Zucker is hands down my favorite actress and favorite character. She can act circles around most famous Hollywood actresses. I also love the character because she isn't all good and she isn't all bad. I hate when they use her as the town whipping girl.

Lucas/Bryan Dattilo is my next favorite. As an actor I think Bryan hits it out of the park with whatever story he is given. There is something magnetic about him and the character of Lucas that I just love.

Rafe/Galen Gering would be next for me. I think he's a great actor and love the character. I'm a sucker for the hero type.

Since they have changed the personalities of all the characters it’s a short list!

Rafe/Galen Gering is the best, he is caring, loving, he is the boy next door that you want your daughter to marry, and he is easy on the eyes.

If I had to choose a female character is would be Nicole/Ari Zucker she is a fantastic actor the best DAYS has! Too bad they are wasting both of these actors talents!

Favorite actresses (strictly judged on acting, not their character):

Ari Zucker (Nicole), Eileen Davidson (Kristen), Alison Sweeney (Sami), Peggy McCay (Caroline).

Actors:

Casey Moss (JJ), James Scott (EJ), Freddie Smith (Sonny), John Aniston (Victor), Blake Berris (Nick).

As far as characters go, I like Nicole, JJ, Sonny, Will, Lucas, Abigail, Victor, Caroline, sometimes EJ (on the rare occasion he isn't around Sami).

Since I have watched DOOL since 1965, I like the "oldies" but "goodies" best....Marlena, John, and Victor are my favorite established characters, but I must say Nicole and Rafe are close behind. I do wish the writers would quit changing the "brains" of the characters like Jennifer (who at one time had a brain and was a good reporter) and Lucas (who at one time could think without Kate telling him what to think). Come to think of it, I do like Kate, too. Best couple, right now, Sonny and Will!

If the writing team was top drawer, which it isn't ... My favorite(s)
I love Kate and Sami together, but not particularly this Nick storyline. I very much liked when they worked together!
I liked Kristen when I believed she was torn in regards to Brady and we saw how broken she is. Human. I'd like that Kristen back on the show.
I adore EJ, but lately he's become "cookie cutter" EJ and I believe that's due to 1) he's bored with his character or 2) struggling a bit with the imminent departure of Alison Sweeney (Sami).
I was really looking forward to John's return ... when's he going to return ???? :cry:

edited to add actress' first name and character name....please try to remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters...JS

OK..... here's my favorite....wait for it.....NICOLE!!! :clap:Although I hate the current story line Ari Zucker is my favorite actress. I agree with others too about Lucas (Bryan Datillo) and Rafe (Galen Gering).

I too was a little confused by the question, whether it was asking favorite actor or character. Of course there are some actors who I think do a fine job but I don't necessarily like the characters. For example I can't stand Nick but Blake Berris does a great job. I don't always care for EJ, Kate, or Kristen but James Scott, Lauren Koslow, and Eileen Davidson are all excellent actors.

Ari Zucker as Nicole has been my favorite, too. As well as Rafe and Lucas as well.

I don't like Theresa's character but I like the actress- I hope there is something different for her down the road. Same as mentioned above for the actors who play Kate, Kristen and EJ.

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear if I meant characters or actors..........I'm afraid I had an exceptional secretary for MANY years who did all of my writing for me. I could say a few words and she could read my mind and come up with something perfectly wonderful. I never had to worry about spelling, form or clarity. I was actually thinking about characters when I started the thread, but loved hearing about the actors too.

Nicole has certainly won as the favorite character!! She is one of my favorites also, but I still love Victor, Caroline, Kate, Stefano, John, Marlena, Maggie, Hope, Kayla...........not necessarily as they are now, but how they have been over so many years.

I also love Nicole, Rafe and Lucas. Also all the actors and Actresses mentioned above. Just wish the Writers knew what to do with all these exceptional actors! In my opinion the actors are all good, the Writers aren't!!!

Hmmm......as you can see by my avatar, my favorite on Days is 'dead'. Again.

Deidre Hall (Marlena) is terrific & I like Missy Reeves (Jennifer) personally. The writers ruined Jennifer but that's another thread. :(

edited to add actress' last names and character names...please try to remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters....JS

Nicole/Arianne Zucker - best actress on soaps IMO. Horribly written more often than not, but she makes it work.

Lucas/Bryan Datillo, Rafe/Galen Gering, John/Drake Hogestyn, Marlena/Deidre Hall, Ciara/Lauren Boles, Sonny/Freddie Smith are all terrific as well. Great actors with characters I adore, and want to root for...too bad most get no storylines.

Now as to the actors I would show the door...well that's another topic. :)

Back