Who is going to replace Stefano now??

ralf

Reaction score
Andre???? Hmmm a lil too creepy/crazy/everything else. Victor has gotten way too crabby in his old age. lol What's needed is a silent bad guy who's pulling the strings from behind a Mr. So and So since Stefano is gone now. He can raise his head because it takes a scary person or controlling person to keep the other one down. A old enemy from the past, a scary one, but will only show that side when it's a must, like EJ has done. lol (hint, wink, wink) You see where I'm going. You fill in the blanks now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that face from Another World, I think, not sure.

No, Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) was not on Another World. He was on Guiding Light, Santa Barbara, One Life To Live, All My Children and The Young and The Restless.

I don't think that they should replace Stefano really. I like Andre as the cartoonish villain he's turning out to be. I gotta be honest I'm kind of excited about how he's going to torture Hope. Thaao Penghlis is pretty awesome as Andre. I like that he makes crazy slightly creepy and funny at the same time. You can just tell he really believes all that la famiglia stuff and really wants his revenge for the injustice of his fatha's murder. Totally awesome!!!!

The thing about Andre' though, is he has absolutely no proof that Hope is the culprit. First, the speck of blood on that little figurine was never analyzed, so he really did not know if it was Stefano's blood. But, it sent him on his mission. Just because Rafe went by that warehouse, he decides to snoop there, despite the fact the bldg. is coming down any minute. And in that huge, huge bldg. he just "happens" across the body, tearing at the rubble atop what appeared to be just a bunch of rags. (sorry, but this was all just toooo hard to believe). O.K.......at this point he could have rushed out, stopped the demolition, because he found a body. Nope, lets the bldg get blown up, gets a minor wound evidently, even if it required stitches......and then breaks into Hope's house. He searches the living room a tiny bit, barely, no other rooms (like perhaps her bedroom???) but into that closet, easily locates the box with the gun, which was up on a shelf out of view, gets it open, sees the gun and decides it was the murder weapon, even though he has no idea HOW Stefano died.

Yes, he is right, but it was just toooo easy. And that is the writer's fault. Sorry, but I am such a mystery buff, and Andre' would have put Columbo, Rockford, and even Sherlock to shame with this one. Grrrrr. And they are all 200% better than Andre'.

Glad some find his conversations and actions funny. I don't. I really like the actor, but this round of Andre' is hard to stomach.

Last edited:
I'm not liking Andre at all. As for who will replace Stefano, they shouldn't even try. Even with all the evil things he did Stefano had "class". He was always well dressed, listening to opera, loving (most of the time) to his family. Perhaps Deimos can be another "bad boy", but he should't try to emulate Stefano.

I'm not liking Andre at all. As for who will replace Stefano, they shouldn't even try. Even with all the evil things he did Stefano had "class". He was always well dressed, listening to opera, loving (most of the time) to his family. Perhaps Deimos can be another "bad boy", but he should't try to emulate Stefano.
Exactly, Joseph Mascolo's Stefano was one of a kind. In recent years, bad guys have come and gone, but none of them had Stefano's panache and savoir faire. Ben was simply a homicidal maniac, Clyde had no class, Xander was crude, and although Ian McAllister dressed well, he lacked the Phoenix's intangible spark. As for other DiMeras, as other posters have said, none are acceptable. Andre is too erratic and unbalanced and Kristen is just plain crazy. Deimos is a functional villain and his private war with Victor is promising, but he's not and never will be anything like Stefano.

Last edited:
Guess we all see things differently. Andre' knows full well that Chad's interests in family lie elsewhere, with Abby & his son. He told Stefano that and Andre' was there. He moved out, for heaven's sakes. and yet Andre' keeps calling him, yelling, shouting to the high heavens that Hope murdered fatha, and has no proof, which is what Chad said. Chad doesn't trust Andre', good for him, and Andre' is a loose cannon, plus very unstable.

He's totally unstable, but still love it. Sorry, but my Days history of 80's is sketchy at best, but Stefano was so obsessed with Marlena that he kidnapped her how many times? What about the weird stuff with Hope? Anyway, my point is everyone's different. I just like his brand of crazy, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the actor, but this round of Andre' is hard to stomach.
Agreed. In addition to the preposterous storyline he's in with hope, his entire motivation that he's a "loyal son" of Stefano's is waaaay off. I'm not buying it.

As to the original question - I"m sick of cheese-tastic supervillains on soaps. I'm hoping André eats it, and quickly, before we get too far into Bond-villain territory.

Back