Who is your most hated character?

lonewriter

Reaction score
For me it is Chloe. I don't like her at all and with this Holly mess it makes me hate her even more. I don't know why the writers keep bringing her back. I hope this time, she has an "accident" and we never see her again. Nicole can raise Holly and Parker can live with Maggie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't "hate" any character, tho I may dislike intensely what they are doing/saying at various times. In the past, Andre drew my wrath, so has Victor, Dario. I am currently a bit upset with Gabi, I would agree that I really do not like at all what Chloe is doing, or what she says. It is a shame the actress is saddled with this stupidity.

But the character who gets the most anger directed at him from me of late is Deimos. I have always admired the actor, and when he came aboard, was very happy. Deimos appeared to have gotten a raw deal via Victor, so some of what he did was understandable payback. Being the cause of Maggie's paralysis was a lousy thing to do......but now, stealing something others have spent a good deal of time developing, having people beat up, poisoned, blackmailing, and attempting to hide it, while professing to "be honest" with his fiancee'. Nope Deimos is deserving of no like or love. And now he adds kidnapping, starving, 2 people, while telling Nicole there will be no more of those kinds of actions.

But the character who gets the most anger directed at him from me of late is Deimos.
Deimos is certainly detestable, but at least there are Salemites who despise him and are very vocal about it. Similarly, Chloe is dead wrong about the Baby Holly issue, but gets told she's all wrong about it. The person on screen now who really gets to me is Dario. This crooked slimeball has absolutely no redeeming values, tried to steal other person's property, and ordered a hit on Deimos. Despite that, Abigail is sooo concerned about him and keeps rushing to his side like a moth to a flame. Similarly, Nicole has inexplicably been using him as a confidante and now is also concerned with his welfare despite his attempt to kill her latest, sorta true love. Only in Salem

All time hated: Daniel Jonas! I couldn't stand him. And the fact that this ridiculous character is still driving story today makes me crazy. If I have to hear 'it's what Daniel would want' one more time, I may break something.

Fighting for second is Rafe and the loser they call Hope right now.

There are so many poorly written characters on Days now, that I feel more disappointed than angry. So put Corday at the top of the list because every character can return from the dead on this show except Jack Deveraux (Matt Ashford).:angry:

Deimos is on my current list of most disliked, I want him off my screen yesterday, but Daniel and EJ are on my all time hated characters list. If Deimos does anything to harm Chad, Gabi, or Sonny, he will top both of them as the most hated character.

I'm with ktspirit on this one. While I initially liked Claire and thought she had a good head on her shoulders when she first arrived in Salem, I cannot stand the way she is being written. Regardless of any success that was going on in my life, I wouldn't be able to focus on that and be happy if my grandmother were missing and could potentially be shot by her peers. She has been written to be a totally different person and fear she may be going down the Samantha Gene path.

For me, without hesitation : Sami. May she never, ever come back.

A close second : EJ.

And these days, the characters that are still on the show and that I do not like at all : Chloe, Claire, Belle, Deimos and Eric. Eric, I was actually looking forward to seeing him again. I thought maybe, just maybe, he still had potential, as I was hoping he would come back stronger, and not wallow in self pity anymore. But boy, was I wrong. He's worse than ever : Mr. Gloom and Doom is back. Heck, I can't even understand what the guy is mumbling these days. And apparently, he has a thing for Jennifer. No, just no. Jennifer just came off my list. Put her with Eric and she's right back on.

I'd also vote for Daniel Jonas as most hated character. Hopefully the writers see that by a character having too much airtime it can result in fans having a dislike for them. It shows with these results.

I don't hate any character since they all have a role to play in the plot, but some of them do rub me the wrong way. The biggest example of that for me is Julie. She is a real pain in the neck. Her meddling and downright rudeness are not unique in Salem but one would think that a character of her age group would have mellowed and gained some insight about people. Even her mantra of 'it's all about family' does not ring true in her case. Others that have made that claim, despite being less than perfect, have examples of walking the talk. Julie is just talk, darling. Ugh!.

Oh yes, I agree, Puppylove. I have been vocal about her in the past but I also do not HATE any of the characters as I think everyone on the show does a great job portraying their respective character but I get frustrated with some characters and Julie is right up there. Along with Deimos, who I had initially disliked, then started to kinda like and now I'm back to not liking the direction his character has gone.

Back