Who or what started the fire?

OHCarol

Reaction score
Who or what do you think is responsible for the fire in the cabin?

From the beginning, I didn't think that Ben was responsible. My theory is that the battery in the smashed burner phone ignited/burst into flame.

I keep waiting for the Fire Department to issue their final report about the cause of the fire....and that Ben was not responsible. I look forward to seeing Rafe and Hope eating some humble pie. The Keystone Kops strike again.

We should just ask lawyer Ted...he seems to know everything about everything, and has a hand in every mess!

Many times the fire dept. is unable to find cause of fire, and I will say, Hope & Rafe are spending a great deal of time and taxpayer money because it concerns HER daughter. The same daughter who got mad, went racing off on her bike, crashed it, was rescued by a stranger, cared for, and who refused to call her mom, only doing so at the stranger's insistence, then refusing to tell where she was.
Hope refuses to believe her daughter did this of her own volition, despite Ciara's statements and insistence. She now believes Ciara is either brainwashed, or threatened in some way.
As to the fire, it does seem spontaneus combustion of some kind. The generator, the stove, wiring, anything.
How many times have we all read in paper of folks in our own town, wakened by a fire in garage, next door neighbor, house full of smoke.
Heck, This Us Us just had the entire house burn down, family inside, because of a faulty plug in the wall. Appliance not even turned on!

I thought it might be set by someone Clyde had working for him on the outside or maybe by a lightning strike..... If it was electrical, who in the heck is paying that bill?!?!?!? LOL!!!!

I hate to say this but I think Claire set it; not so much to kill Ciara, but to make sure she could never be the face of Bella (or whatever the name of the company is now). And, maybe get Tripp away from Ciara also.
I don't think this is the case but I wish it were so she ( Claire) could be arrested and go away from my screen for a long time!

Claire is a selfish brat but she's not a criminal. I don't think she would start a fire and she didn't even know where Ciara was.

Does anyone else think it would be hilarious if it was Hope, under the Dimera influence again? I'd love to see that crow-eating scene after they dug another chip out of her brain.

In all seriousness though, come on. The house has already been set on fire once and it's a wonder the lights and appliances didn't just explode the first time they were turned on. A bug probably burped too close to one of the walls while Ben was gone or something.

Does anyone else think it would be hilarious if it was Hope, under the Dimera influence again? I'd love to see that crow-eating scene after they dug another chip out of her brain.

I was thinking exactly the same thing...that it was Hope!! Perhaps it is a random arsonist who, of course, turns out to be a long lost or resurrected child of yet another Salemite. Maybe it is Sami's forgotten child, Allie. Maybe it will turn out to be...JENNIFER!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never Rory!! Maybe it was the creep that fake dated Ciara before she found out she'd been set up by him and Claire.

Let's see......the Salem Police still do not know who killed Deimos, they still don't know the truth about how Vivian was killed, they still don't really know about Andre's death.....they sure as heck will never figure out how that fire started. The P.D. is inept, just like the judges, lawyers. Don't think too much of the nursing staff either with Maxine gone.

This is turning into Clue!! Lol.

It was nighttime Hope.....with a lighter.......in the pantry.

HEY........I just realized, didn't sleeping pill induced nighttime Hope set her house on fire with Bo still in it???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......just kidding, it won't be Hope but it's Days and who knows???

Back