Why is my join date showing 1969?

mae00

Reaction score
I don't get a chance to get out here much anymore and chat & debate with others like I used to so I'm not sure how long this has been like this, but i noticed today that my join date has been reset to 1969 (which is kinda funny b/c I wasn't born until 1981) and my post count has been restarted. I know I had 1200 posts and now I'm back down to 12.

Did I miss something somewhere?

Oh, wow, that is tooo weird. Will ask Wayne, the guru about this.

I do know that Dec. '69 is some sort of "date" within the software and when we moved over from the lst server (several years ago) anyone a member then got a "69 start date.

Not really...at least I saw posts today with different ones. I think I found Mae's problem, tho, and have PM'd her about it.

have a story i am writing was wondering where to post it

i have a story with Ton and Anna Dimera as the main focal of the storyline and was wondering where i can post it on this site and if i can or not. it is a story of how to bring them back to the show. thanks for the help

We have a forum called "Writers' Bench" specifically for fiction stories written by our posters. Click on "Forums" and just scan down, you will find it.

The join dates are a remnant of our move from SS 1.0 (running PHPBB software) to SS 2.0 (running vBulletin software) about 3 years ago. Somewhere in the translation, the actual date formats changed. It's been that way for a long, long time, but unfortunately there's simply no way to reset them all at this point.

Wayne

I'm just happy and impressed that I was able to use a computer, log on and join a website when I was 6 months old.

Hey! This could be used for proof of being a baby genius....hahahaha

Ummm. no. Resurrecting long-since outdated data from a backup that no longer exists, then converting it to a completely new date format and entering it into a database. THAT would make you a prodigy :)

JCapo.....that is hysterical. :rotfl:

Back