Why NBC? ...why??

Michael Angelo

Reaction score
It bothers me, so much, that NBC/whoever is directly responsible does not upload Days episodes the same day they air. They wait till the following morning to upload.

I don't have cable so I rely on the internet to watch. I'm a bit of a quality snob, so I rather not see blurry clips from YouTube. Plus, I like to add to the total views on the NBC player.

I'm confused because Y&R and B&B upload their episodes a few hours after they air.

Perhaps it has something to do with their contracts with local stations, Soapnet, etc. After all, Soapnet airs Days at 7 p.m. central, and again at 10 p.m. central. Local stations usually air Days around noon or 1 p.m. However, there ARE a few cities that show it at 3 p.m.
NBC probably cannot or will not step on toes.

Why don't you tape from Soapnet, or when the show airs? I find the video on NBC lousy myself. Stops, stutters, etc. I obviously watch live during the day about 98% of the time.

Hulu.com shows it the next day also, but I find the quality and total air time much better than NBC or youtube. Hulu has much shorter commercials and when you get lucky, you get the option of watching one long commercial at the beginning with no commercial breaks throughout the show. It may put me a day behind everyone else, but since I can't watch it live or at night (I just listen to it like a radio while at work) I find hulu less frustrating than other avenues.

Why don't you tape from Soapnet, or when the show airs? I find the video on NBC lousy myself. Stops, stutters, etc. I obviously watch live during the day about 98% of the time.
I wish I could. I don't have a TV/can't afford cable at the moment so I rely on the internet.
And the NBC player isn't the most reliable, you're right.

Looks like come Sept Days will be up against GH in my area :(

Hmm, makes sense, but either way it's a bummer. Puts me way behind the rest of my buddies here on Spectator!
Not behind me. I'm watching it on NBC.com too. And yeah, I have problems with the video too. I used to think it was my computer at work causing all the problems, but apparently not.

Yeah. Also what happens is...the video plays but it drops from Ultra HD to a pixelated mess of a blur. Then I pause the video and wait, which never does anything. Because who wants to watch something of bad quality?

I've found that if the show goes from HD to low quality, if you just keep watching, it quickly goes back to HD. Either that, or back up the show a bit, then the section that was low quality is usually HD. It's a bit of a pain, but it works. I discovered that by accident one day, when I was working on something while watching the show and missed something, so I had to back it up.

Back