Will dropped storylines return?

Mr. Continuity

Reaction score
With Dena Higley (co-headwriter) back, will she resurrect her dropped storylines? I'm thinking about the secret Alice bank accounts, and John's parentage. I'm not sure what else was dropped of hers. I know she got awards for the baby switch storyline.

Edited by Sparkster for clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
They may be too far in the past to be resurrected but with John having a new son in town, I can see his DiMera/Brady story maybe being doable?

Yes Dena wrote the John story line. I know people hated it but I really liked the Ireland story with Colleen. The vets were front and center.
Hopefully, Dena Higley learned what not to do from the Ireland story. 1) Colleen kidnapping Claire to somehow protect her? This woman had a few bats in her Irish belfry. 2) Ava tampering with the Black Jet to get back at Patch, thus endangering the lives of many innocent people. Even Stefano wouldn't stoop this low. 3) The plane crashing in the non-existent forests of Greenland. A little basic research in geography might have helped here. 4) The crash survivors repairing to tents, etc. for a little "luv" action. Isn't this what all plane crash survivors do? :sarcasm: One of the few high points of the crash scenario was that Philip still hadn't miraculously regrown his leg.

I only saw bits of the Colleen/Santo thing on YouTube, and I thought it was alright. But I'm aware sitting through it live can be way more painful!

John being a Brady can't really be revisited now that Theresa and Brady have Tate. Revisiting who he is, sure, but they can't make him a Brady again or Tate is inbred.

I like it when things get solved much much later, but it works best if they kind of slip in the occasional clue or reference. If they start soon, it'll look like it was an intentional break in the story. :wink:

I was going to say that leebee; now that Theresa and Brady had sex and Tate has been born, they can't undo the recent storyline where John is no longer half DiMera and half Brady.

The only reason the writers undid the Ryan Brady thing was to have Brady and Theresa get involved.

Absolutely HATED that Ireland story, and was very glad when it turned out that Ryan Brady had died. I did think Shirley Jones did a super job as the elderly and dying Colleen, but overall, am very happy John is NOT related. Years ago, I was hoping he was somehow related to Shawn...only because Caroline & Shawn treated him so well, and then he helped build the Brady Pub, bringing over the bar from Ireland for them.

I did think that Doug & Julie, on one of their trips, (I believe to Africa)were to see a banker friend, and perhaps learn something about those bank accounts, etc. All that ever got said, was the friend did not know anything.

The only reason the Santo/Colleen storyline happened is because at the time the show acknowledged that EJ had raped and abused Sami so this was a way to appease the fanbase that continues to ask for these characters to be romantically involved despite of all that. Corday said it in interviews at the time. John's background was a byproduct of that.

John's background was a byproduct of that.
And a cheap one.

Technically - IF John is re-DiMera'd (), Brady and Jeannie would be 2nd cousins, who can legally marry and (generally, unless there is heavy inbreeding within the family) have children without increased risk of birth defects/genetic problems.

That science aside...YUK!! LOL

I hope John goes back to being an Alamain/Daphne's son.

The bank accounts and all of that horseradish were the writers between Higley's last run and Tomlin/Whitesell (Sparx names them in her post).

Rascals, good to see you back posting again. I'm sure you have enjoyed the past couple episodes with John/Marlena. :wink:
Thanks Sparkster! Yes I did enjoy the John and Marlena scenes and Rafe and John scenes....FF thru most of the rest of it. But it is nice to see some good dialogue at last.

Back