Will's clothing.

lonewriter

Reaction score
I hate the way Will dresses. He is supposed to be a professional journalist yet all he wears are ugly shirts and blue jeans. He should dress like a professional, he needs nice dress shirts and khaki pants. Most of the guys on Days dress in really dark clothes and blue jeans, boring.

Given their budget is spent on leather coats or clothing and skin tight (spandex) dresses with peek a boo holes for the women, the guys are stuck with thrift store clothing. I guess, that could explain the men's wear, if they get a leather coat and basement bargain thrift store clothing, and not the upscale thrift stores in Pasadena. And Huntington Beach, Aardvarks, but off brand thrift stores.

I loved shopping at Aardvarks when I was working in Pasadena.

I don't have an issue with the jeans if they are presented well. I've been able to wear jeans to work since 2006. Lots of small companies and especially internet focused or tech companies are business casual with jeans. Before 2006, I was able to wear jeans to the office on Fridays. It really is a simple but effective way to boost employee morale believe it or not.

The shirts on the other hand are hideous. But then so are the dresses worn by Serena, Jennifer, Eve and Kate.

I don't have an issue with the jeans if they are presented well. I've been able to wear jeans to work since 2006. Lots of small companies and especially internet focused or tech companies are business casual with jeans. Before 2006, I was able to wear jeans to the office on Fridays. It really is a simple but effective way to boost employee morale believe it or not.

The shirts on the other hand are hideous. But then so are the dresses worn by Serena, Jennifer, Eve and Kate.

I changed the dress code several years before I retired and allowed jeans everyday. As you said, they had to be presented well. The ladies in the office loved the change.

I'm a bit old fashioned, I think you should dress your best for certain jobs. I cringe when I go to church on Sundays and I see kids wearing shorts or blue jeans (I would not mind boys in colored jeans, I don't know why they only wear blue jeans.) Anyway, I just hate the way Will dresses. The same type of ugly shirts and blue jeans. I also don't like the way the women dress, skin tight dresses that show too much and way too much makeup.

The jeans don't bother me. It is Will's ill-fitting and ugly shirts that get me griping to the tv screen. I'd like to take scissors and a trimmer to that mess of a haircut.

I wear blue, black, or tan jeans to work almost every day. I also wear a golf shirt or sweatshirt (with a collared shirt or turtle neck underneath) with the agency logo on them most days. It beats the heck out of ruining good clothes when sitting or kneeling on the floor in preschools and senior centers. I wear business casual or dress clothes depending on what type of meetings I have. I also wear appropriate clothing when doing presentations to a group such as a Lions Club or teaching classes of nursing students.

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought "Will's clothing....is horrible, horrendous, ugly, needs to be thrown away, burned so a homeless person doesn't accidently end up with it (cause really they have enough problems).

I wish I could wear jeans to work other than on dress down days. My normal uniform is a collared button down shirt in blue or white, black or grey dress pants, causal dress shoes, and my employer provided grey vest. Unloading and working truck, doing resets, and building displays while wearing that is so much fun.

Good point. Comparing the bratty hack-writer to kindly Mr. Rogers would give mailman Mr. McFeely a heart attack, cause Bob Dog to bite, make X the Owl and Henrietta Pussycat weep bitter tears, and send Lady Elaine Fairchilde into a hissy fit. And King Friday XIII would probably send the offending person to his dungeon. That said, all of the aforementioned Mr. Rogers characters have more gravitas, maturity, and common sense than most of the residents of Salem.

Back