Wish us luck !

Your welcome. I know how you feel I've been on this site for some time. In July 2011 I lost my house and access ti the INTERNET. I finally got the INTERNET back last month. I sure missed everyone here. I will keep you in my prayers.

A little update : second interview went very well today. :D A third interview is scheduled for Monday, because the Manager wanted to bring in other team leaders, as apparently, he was impressed with my husband's qualifications and wants him to meet other members of his staff (via skype). So, it's apparently all good. But stressful at the same time, as we now go back into waiting mode. So fingers crossed, again, until Monday.

O.K. gang, altogether now. Tomorrow is the "big day" so we have to marshall all our positive thoughts, prayers, etc. into one huge package.... and kick the field goal!

Good luck Writer and I'm sending some prayers for your Husband to find a new job.
Hugs,Joan

So, all right, I'm back with the latest : my husband spent around two hours yesterday afternoon on Skype, doing the interviews. In total, seven people talked to him, well, he says "grilled" him. :) It went very well, although he was exhausted after that. But still confident. Now, back into waiting mode, to see if the company will make an offer, and if it will be "good enough" for us to move. Not that we are that difficult, but of course, it has to be advantageous cause it would be a big move, and a huge change in all our lives. So, again... fingers crossed. :)

Moving is never easy. I moved to Florida nineteen years ago and love itWe know a lot of families that do not speak english as a first language. Most speak spanish and a few french. Their children are now fluent in both languages. Schools work with the kids and I have been told tv and just living in the envirnment were the best teachers.

what part of Florida are you interested in?

@JMJ : Thanks, that helps. In fact, knowing that our girls will be bilingual is a big plus for us. It's just in the beginning, it might be a little hard for them. But I trust everything will indeed be fine. And to answer your question, if this particular job works out, we would relocate to Indian County, more precisely in Vero Beach. Have you been there ?

Latest update : Good news and bad news. My husband did indeed receive an offer from the company in Florida. That's the good news. At first, we were happy... until we read the offer. Unfortunately comes the bad news. My husband had to decline, as it was not what we expected. To make a long offer short, he would have to start all over again, after 18 years working for the same company here.For instance, instead of the four weeks vacation time he now has, he would only have two (ten days paid vacation total, after three years working for this new company, it would amount to 15 days !!!). That would make it that much harder to come visit our family here in Quebec . Plus other things that were not taken into consideration. It appears they made him an offer as if he was fresh out of college (university), no experience under his belt. So balloon deflated, project on hold for now. But like someone else said here, everything does happen for a reason. And it's not like we are not already happy, or well off here (aside from winter). It was just a dream. And some dreams come true, others don't, others take a while. So thanks again, everyone, for all your positive thoughts, but that's the end of our little saga for now. :hug:

You never know....maybe the company will make a new offer. That vacation thing is "standard" I am afraid. I know a lot of folks who have had to give up vacation time when taking a new job...the years of experience don't count that way.
However,
The company may have just been "testing the waters"...lol. I mean, they certainly did a lot of interviews, so were very interested, and know how long he has been in his present job. One never knows, they just might decide to look at their offer again?? Good luck!

Keep your head up writer. Something better is in store for you and your family! Sorry I haven't been more active in the thread with encouragement, I don't get out here much.

Whatever happens with this offer or another potential job, I know that your family will be just fine. The girls are still young enough to easily adapt to a new environment and learn a new language. I know all to well about the pneumonia. I battle every year to keep from getting it again (I was very sick a couple of years ago. My blood counts were so high that they thought I might have cancer at first. After the chest x-ray he felt sure it was pneumonia and put me on some medicine but had that not worked drastically overnight, he would have put me in the hospital for who knows how long).

Prayers that you find that something soon!!

Sorry that you both were disappointed Writer. You know what they say, when one door closes another opens. They just don't say how soon! When everything is just right, you will get another offer. Keep the Faith!
joan

Back