Wondering..?

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
what the heck happened to Lucas? is he still in Salem? did he go back to Italy?

does no one at least tell Kate that Viv cannot be found?

why is Maggie never around when Vic is being...well, let's say just not very nice?

Odd how John is rarely seen

Also odd Kayla is only dr. in hospital - they don't even pretend.

Just read a tweet wherein Robin Strasser says that OLTL fans raised Days ratings for 4 weeks (am guessing she is inferring while she was playing Vivian). Really?

Tweet
Conversation

robin strasser
@robinstrasser

Thank you Ian...I'm so grateful:) Those ratings matter in #ShowBusiness! #OLTL fans brought #DaysOfOurLives ratings UP for 4 week$:) That counts! Gratitude is my attitude-We all rate the win together! I've haven't got a crystal ball-but we shall see...eventually-TY again:)
Quote Tweet

Just read a tweet wherein Robin Strasser says that OLTL fans raised Days ratings for 4 weeks (am guessing she is inferring while she was playing Vivian). Really?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Meanwhile, a lot of Days fans quit watching when she was on or fast forwarded through her scenes.

Not too full of herself, is she?!?!

Days did get ahead of GH for a couple weeks, but it sure wasn't because of a recast character arriving in town.

what the heck happened to Lucas? is he still in Salem? did he go back to Italy? [Not having more of longtime fan-favorite Lucas is a major mistake. Viewers like Lucas so much that they are willing to put up with all sorts of stupid plots as long as they put him on-screen. E.g., a mystery disease created by Dr. Rolf is causing Salemites to grow a second head. Lucas works with Kayla to find a miracle cure.]

does no one at least tell Kate that Viv cannot be found? [Lack of communication is a way of life in Salem. If a giant tsunami was about to overwhelm Salem, those in the know wouldn't bother to spread the word.]

why is Maggie never around when Vic is being...well, let's say just not very nice? [Just once, I'd like to see Maggie walk in while Vic is being incredibly rude or insensitive, or even plotting the death of somebody who's displeased him. The sight of the old grouch being firmly put in his place would be worth the price of admission.]

Odd how John is rarely seen. [This is another mistake. John is another long-time favorite. Fans can't get enough of him and his true love, Doc. John should be on-screen even if it's only him scarfing down Wanchai Ferry or garbage can nachos at the Pub, and proclaiming about one thing or another: "That's a fact."]

Also odd Kayla is only dr. in hospital - they don't even pretend. [This is also beyond absurd. At least, the writers could have people mention the names of other doctors at University Hospital on the phone or in conversation. It seems that other doctors appear only if they are fated to die, go to jail, or flee Salem.]
  • Dr. Ben Waters and Dr. Richard Baker -- in jail.
  • Dr. DanTan and Dr. Henry Shah -- killed.
  • Dr. Nathan Horton, Dr. Fynn Thompson (aka Dr. Dingo), and Dr. Cameron Davis (the p/t male stripper) -- fled Salem for greener pastures.
  • Dr. Lexie Carver -- died of a mystery tunnel disease.

I've long been a believer that John and Lucas should be running Basic Black together. I'd love to see them waltz into DiMansion and inform the CEO-of-the-week that they've bought controlling interest. (Bonus points if Kate is CEO that hour.)
[This is also beyond absurd. At least, the writers could have people mention the names of other doctors at University Hospital on the phone or in conversation. It seems that other doctors appear only if they are fated to die, go to jail, or flee Salem.]
Or get (allegedly) impregnated by a sourpuss or hooked on drugs because your bestie stole your imaginary boyfriend.

Days did get ahead of GH for a couple weeks, but it sure wasn't because of a recast character arriving in town.
It's nearly impossible for any single event to cause this.

This is actually a soapbox (no pun intended) of mine. People are claiming great writing and/or casting and/or Ron himself brought viewers in. The simple fact is, GH's ratings tanked. Unless Robin Strasser can prove that 9000 One Life fans tuned in to Days for the first time ever.

What's worse is I think the heads at NBC/Sony (you know, the ones who lust for EJ) actually believe this nonsense.

Well, some fan groups go on "campaigns" and urge their members to vote, even multiple times, (tho not all polls allow it), or flood site with posts, e-mails, etc. Don't know why the person checking/reading doesn't see the repetition at times. (speaking of the Lust for anyone)
I think that the stunt casting/writing is done so that hopefully, those following something and peer into Days for 1st time, will stick around afterward.

Really amazing how characters just vanish, no one mentions their names.....Yes, characters may have ended a major story line, but to just disappear into thin air, no one referring to them, etc.??
Eric, Nicole & Holly, Jack & Jennifer, Kate & Lucas, Roman, Tony & Anna.....I know the show is currently focused on a couple other stories, and perhaps we don't have to see them, but egads....mention them.

I was wondering about Lucas myself. Normally they say goodbye on air. Another thing I am wondering. Between the Chad and Abby scenes in Paris with Tony and now with Rolf saying something about Stefano rising from the ashes is the show entertaining the possibility of recasting? Logically I say no but normally when they repeatedly mention a character not to no the show this many times it tends to mean they are coming back

is the show entertaining the possibility of recasting?
No, I don't think they would be stupid enough to try to recast such an iconic character. I think all the mentions of Stefano is to keep the "mystery" going that he might be out there somewhere. The only Salemites who knew he was supposedly really dead were Steve and Shane (who dressed up as Stefano to get Hope off the hook for his murder). But then they threw in that little thing when Shane was sitting in the hotel room, looking at pictures of himself disguised as Stefano around town, and saw a picture of Stefano on a park bench, that Shane swore he didn't sit for.

So, I'm a tad behind catching up. But, I was hoping I would see Lucas again. He's hot and cold for me. Sometimes I really love him, sometimes he annoys me to pieces. As for Vivian. I'm going to be nice. It. Just. Was. Not. Vivian.

John?? Where for art thou, my handsome fellow??? Sigh. Methinks that Drake Hogestyn (John) is not on as often because of the fall years ago? I wish he wouldn't be gray haired. He looks better (wait for it) "black". Ha!!!!

Victor needs to stop being bad. I like him as the reformed snarky yet wise ex-mafia dude. He is too old for *shenanigans. *Not to be confused with the old Chris Kositchek pub/bar/hangout.

I think Kayla needs a vacation. She's always there. Sarah. Meh. I hardly consider her...she seems so...un-medical. (Is that a word??)

Can I ask now, what happened to Rex??? Did he disappear, or did I miss something when I skipped over some episodes in August??

Back