Wow, NBC's website picture

WhizGidget

Reaction score
I just went over to NBC's website to watch yesterday's episode, and I was greeted with a picture of Steve, without the patch. Really guys? I mean, I know he doesn't have it in real life, but when this is the website for the show, shouldn't the actors be in character? Or are we getting an evil twin? Or is his eye going to be miraculously restored?

days.JPG

After all this time, I don't think they'll get rid of the patch. The storyline is that his friend Marcus operated on him, so he could wear a prosthetic eye to infiltrate a religious group. Steve was later injured so badly during a fight that his eye socket was permanently damaged, and they can't repair it enough to wear a prosthetic eye anymore. BUT, this is the magical land of Salem where Philip regrew his amputated leg and neither Jennifer or Brady have scars from their heart transplants. Guess poor Steve drew the short straw on rejuvenation powers.

But medical research has made great strides over the years. i.e. once upon a time, no one ever would think of transplants, then the organs came, and now they have even transplanted fingers, hands, etc. An eye socket would be a piece of cake. ! :)

As an aside, the actor, Stephen Nichols, who portrays Steve, has said that wearing the patch so much back in the day, affected his vision in that eye, which is why he only has it on while filming. He immediately lifts it up when they call cut.

A girl in my church lost her eye in an accident and was fitted with a prosthetic eye. If you didn't know, you'd never have a clue one wasn't real.

Ahhh, but Daniel's miracle heart beats within Brady's chest, so it magically regrew his skin as soft and smooth as a baby's behind. :rotfl:

Back