SPOILER !! Writer Change

From what I've read elsewhere, people seem to think what we've been seeing onscreen the past couple months is very Higley-heavy, hence the leave of absence that is soon to show up onscreen. My guess is that Griffith and Higley did not get along and those in charge either stupidly decided to get rid of Griffith or he left of his own accord probably fed up with everything. If writers have contract lengths like actors do I'm curious if it was just a year since it was this time last year that those two took over the head writing.

I guess it makes sense to announce it during a dark week and also right after hearing about renewal. Gee, how convenient. If the rumors are true about this current stuff being Higley, then the next 5-6 months will be Griffith/Milstein. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Higley seems to concentrate on her "favs", so am wondering now if we will still be seeing a lot of various vets, or will they return to the once a month appearances?

Griffith was great on "picking up on the pace" and some credit for that may be due to Albert Alarr as well, the show certainly seemed to cut scenes, move stories around, etc. etc. Ryan Quan has been a dialogue writer, and breakdown as well, so would know and understand a lot of facets of the story telling process. Having been with the show for several years, her certainly knows the vet characters as well.
Well, we won't see what he does til next fall.....so, yep. I would love to be behind the scenes and see/hear all that transpires back there. LOL

I think Old Soapy was referring to how excited they were to have the writer and producer down on the floor during filming, talking to them all at times, how they all began to be featured more, getting airtime they never had before, and be able to show what they really are able to "emote" in the various stories.
Nearly every actor was so happy with scripts, story, filming, etc. and said so, many times.
Yes OS, will be interesting to see if they will be as excited as they were last year when the Griffith & Higley first came on board.

I'm sure they are. They're happy to have a job.
While they are happy to have jobs, doesn't mean they are happy about the quality of the work. They were quite displeased before the last set of writers took over.

And Galen Gering (Rafe) was none too happy to be stuck in bed for months in a coma awhile ago. So, just because they have jobs, doesn't mean they are happy at those jobs.

Never been a fan of Dena Higley's work. I believe I read somewhere that Higley's work is airing right now and that Josh Griffith's work was primarily from Aug-Dec. I also think that having 2 head-writers is too many hands in the cookie jar.

Is Dena that bad that there has to be someone else to co-head-write with her? Dena has been fired twice from the show already. In the real world, if you get fired for bad performance you aren't able to go back to that same job/company. DAYS seems to be one of the only shows that fires writers and then hires them back again. Like seriously?!

Do you think that their style somehow changed?I don't see why DAYS has to be so backward and not get someone that has some real imagination and vision to take this show beyond next year. If the current trend of stories continue, the sands in the hourglass will truly run out.

I would have preferred Josh Griffith to stay and Dena Higley be the one that left. I know that the show had a lot of death and misery last fall when he was suspected to be in charge of the writing, but I think that was an order from the higher up staff to reduce the cast. I was willing to see what Josh Griffith wrote now without Dena's influence on the show. I guess we will see if the show improves when Dena's leave of abscence starts, within the next few weeks or so, and whether the idiots in charge made a big mistake and fired the wrong writer.

SPECULATION....I do not know how true this is.......but rumor has it that Days is shutting down/going dark for a month or two. This past week has been their "dark" week, the one they shut down once a month.....so we should see next week, if the actors are filming, or not. ??
Dena Higley posted a few pics on Facebook of her & her husband doing a recent bike ride (motorcycle) down there in Florida. I think it was for Valentine's Day.

The family of one of my classmates from junior year in high school (in San Diego) was family friends with Higley. His mother grew up with her in San Diego.

As for this news, all I can say is I hope the writing improves, but we still have months to go before we can really see if it does. Even if Griffith was only responsible for August to December, those months were still very gloomy and dark. Of course, the beginning of this year hasn't been much better, and in fact, might be worse. I'd imagine that the actors might be getting a bit fed up--so many of them are barely on, as DOOL has become the Hope & Rafe Hour, or if not them, Belle & Philip featuring Ava, Kayla, and Patch.

Back