SPOILER !! Writer Change

Maybe that is the difference between the two writers. Higley tends to isolate characters in 2 or 3 stories, but Griffith may be more prone to trying to include more characters within an episode or storyline. We won't be seeing the results of this writer change until Aug/Sept. So, too far off to even speculate. And we certainly won't be getting any info out of the actors. They are kept in the dark as well. Both Eric Martsolf (Brady) & Jen Lilley (Theresa) have noted they get no info until they receive the week's scripts. Everyone is tightlipped, and close mouthed.

If the past couple months were all Higley centric writing, then I fear for the future of this show. And what happened to Beth Milstein?

The press release from Days certainly doesn't sound like it was an amicable or mutual split with Josh Griffith. It's very similar to the press release issued by The Biggest Loser announcing Alison Sweeney (Sami) wouldn't be returning.

From what I've read elsewhere, people seem to think what we've been seeing onscreen the past couple months is very Higley-heavy, hence the leave of absence that is soon to show up onscreen. My guess is that Griffith and Higley did not get along and those in charge either stupidly decided to get rid of Griffith or he left of his own accord probably fed up with everything. If writers have contract lengths like actors do I'm curious if it was just a year since it was this time last year that those two took over the head writing.

I guess it makes sense to announce it during a dark week and also right after hearing about renewal. Gee, how convenient. If the rumors are true about this current stuff being Higley, then the next 5-6 months will be Griffith/Milstein. I'm interested to see how this plays out.
I read that Griffith left on his own. And I have been watching the credits on these storylines and they read Griffith, Higley, in that order, as writers. Just saying.

Wow, that was a very interesting, tho long, conversation about Days. Not just the part about Josh Griffith, & Dena...but their entire discussion about the rape, what the actor who plays Chase said in public about it, then retracted or tried to erase.
But it was said, plainly, that Ms. Higley has been difficult to work with before, with others, but also that Mr. Griffith likes to write dark, dark, it is his forte', he does it well, but it needs balance of romance, humor, etc. So..yep, Josh Griffith left of his own accord, unable to work with his co-writer any longer. And also that Dena was on a "sabbatical" but returned. LOL

That's because their names are alphabetical though.

When Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell were co head writers, their names were switched in the credits every other week, so that one week Tomlin would be listed first and the alternating week, Whitesell would be listed first. That was true the entire time they were co head writers. When Josh Griffith and Dena Higley first started, the same thing happened with the credits: one week he was listed first, the next she was listed first. In the past few weeks, they haven't been alternating the names on a regular basis. It may not mean a thing, but I think it's interesting.

The episode on Feb. 22 listed Beth Melstein as a writer below Josh and Dena.

Back