X Files reboot

Jnta

Reaction score
I really loved most of the original series. I stopped watching when Mulder was written out, but saw both theater releases. I've only watched the first episode of the reboot so far, and am underwhelmed. I hope things pick up with the next few episodes.

Monday's episode was interesting when the doctor altered the genes
in his and other children....

when the brother helped the sister escape I thought of the Wonder Twins
even though they weren't.

While I haven't seen last Monday's show yet, I have to admit that episodes 3 and 4 were better than the first two. I'd forgotten how well the two leads did with the comedic episodes.

I am liking the new mini series and would like it if this happened every couple of years or so. My favourite episode was the Were-beast and had that classic x-files feel when they were doing a comedic episode and the casting of Murray from Flight of the Concords was brilliant. Can't believe there are only 2 more episodes left though considering a of the things that were set up in the first episode.

I loved the X-Files when it was raw and fresh and Scully couldn't explain what just happened. I'm with you, we don't need no warmed over stuff that would water down what made the show what it is today. They need to really expand on the idea that something is really out there and the government knew about it the whole time. And even as we talk about it now, they are still doing secret and dangerous experiments on a unaware population. LOL yeah, I'm scifi to the bone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have enjoyed the latter shows. Yes, the comedic ones are my favorite, like the werewolf episode. Loved Murray from Flight of the Conchords too.

I loved the Xfiles and am enjoying the reboot as well! Sure, there are plenty of negatives, but considering it has been more than a decade since the show ended, I'm pretty pleased!

FYI: the werebeast episode was written by the same guy that wrote Jose Chung's from Outter Space, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Humbug (about the circus freaks), and one other episode. If you know those episodes, particularly the first two mentioned, you'll see where the humor in the werebeast episode came from!

I enjoyed this one, it was a good mix of comedy & drama and it truly dealt with today's problem. So funny with the Scully/Mulder younger versions and another part I won't mention in case others haven't watched it yet.

I am enjoying the reboot, particularly the last episode. I never took Mulder as a country music fan.

I just the episode. I enjoyed the funny moments and the end where they stand
thinking about things.

Well, the mini series is over and I felt last episode was so rushed and unbelievable that Scully figured everything out so fast. This last episode in my opinion should have taken at a minimum 2 or 3 episodes. Given the ratings for X-Files and ending, I would think that another mini series will be planned for the future but I had to think about what I really thought of the last episode and while I love the xfiles and hope for a resolution considering the ending, I guess I really wasn't whelmed by the last episode. Did anyone else think that the young agent presenting Mulder could be their son William? Might be a bit old but could still work.

I never watched the X-Files, but used to hear co-workers talking about it.

Did this reboot mention (or show) Mulder and Scully's baby?
Their baby was more so Scully's storyline with her reflecting on what she and Mulder have lost out on by giving him up and realizing that what they did really was for the best.

Back