Yep, breaking news, no show yet...2/24/20

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NBC just loves to go on and on and on. No Days yet at all, just the talking heads repeating over and over the news and their opinions of Weinstein verdict, doings, you know, stuff that will be on regular news.

Days won't air tomorrow here in Mobile, Alabama. It's Fat Tuesday and the local stations show parades all day long. Bummer!

The spoilers for today told the story. Xander says something to Maggie which to her is deja vu, she heard it before, and she slowly begins to have flashes of being passed out in the car, Xander finding her. Will agrees to Victor's plea to not tell Maggie she was found drunk in her car, promising to pull whatever strings he can to get Will out early, and to see that Ari never wants for anything.

Ben has given himself up, freeing Ciara from any charges, is sent back to prison, execution next week.

Gabi cries over what she has done, how stupid she was, Sonny convinces her to take the deal, no other choice, with a trial would be longer than 10 years. He leaves, will tell the D.A. Sarah & Eric enter with the news, Gabi is a perfect match for Mickey.

Ciara is begging a reluctant Rafe to take another look at the DNA evidence, suggesting it might belong to David's father, not David himself. Rafe checks the files on computer, sees that while Ben's & Jordan's match perfectly, there are some on David's that are not. He puts it into an FBI data base, to see if it will match up with anyone.

Ben tries to convince Will to tell what he knows, get free. Will more concerned with saving Ben's life. Ben tells of Ciara's theory. Will figures he can ferret out something, lots of connections thru the paper.

Xander talks with Victor, who learns Maggie had started having some memories of that night. He is adamant she not remember it all. Maggie comes in, says it wasn't Will who caused the accident, was it. It was me.

Oh, yeah, DA comes in saying Mr. Kiriakis said you agreed to deal. Gabi says nope, he is wrong. Take your deal & shove it. He leaves, she tells Eric & Sarah, who have told of her being the match, well, she did not agree to donate, won't, unless they both find a way to get the charges DROPPED. Doesn't care how, that is their problem.

We all saw this coming, and although I wonder if they changed the story, since there was no need to make a big deal of testing Tate if he was not going to be "the one." I really hate seeing that smug, condescending look on Gabi's face as, once again, she has the ultimate power over who lives or dies. Every once in a while she seems human and realizes that she is screwed up, but that doesn't happen often enough, and she is as worthless now as Kate is.

although I wonder if they changed the story, since there was no need to make a big deal of testing Tate if he was not going to be "the one."
I'm guessing it was to stir up curiosity because of how Xander kept hammering Brady to have Tate tested, when he'd only be the second cousin of Mickey (if Eric was really her father). Even Nicole said it was odd.

Heck, a lot of viewers thought it was gonna be Kristen.......LOL. But yes, since Xander figures Brady is the daddy, sure he wanted Tate tested. With all the testing going on for a match, it sure is surprising the lab doesn't note that neither Sarah or Eric match anything in Mickey, while there ARE factors that match up with Kristen & Brady.
Still having me thinking there is another, perhaps accidental, switch at that hospital.

My hope is something happens to have it come out that Eric isn't the father, which of course we would expect, but then we find out it is Xander's and the baby isn't Brady and Kristen's at all. I really am not up for the people handing over the baby they've been raising storyline after all of this. Am I remembering right that they seemed a little shocked that Sarah was in labor, like it was too early? I hope I didn't imagine that.

When Xander gave Sarah a Mother's Day gift at brunch, she made a comment about not being due for a couple more weeks, so she wasn't yet a mother (she was snarking at him for everything he was saying/doing for her that day).

Mr. Know-It-All: Sonny has always had an inflated opinion of his own abilities, but her should have kept his mouth shut with Gabi today.
  • He said that a Salem jury would be prejudiced against Gabi. How does he know that the trial couldn't be moved far from Salem?
  • He told Gabi to take the D.A.'s deal. Only an attorney could give Gabi good advice on this issue.
Predictable, oh so predictable: Of course Gabi is the marrow donor. The writers needed some only-in-Salem way for her to avoid going to prison.

Tainted evidence: Kudos to Ciara for getting Rafe to explore the possibility that Baby David's father did in Jordan. That said, how could any jury convict Ben on evidence provided by the Salem P.D.'s forensics unit? In a police force of dunces, this group is the absolute bottom of the barrel. Any evidence it provides should be tossed out of court as a matter of course.

with a trial would be longer than 10 years
You know, this woman committed an actual murder and served less time than that. I'd say fight but then again I have a working memory.

Edited to add: I'm glad she's fighting. This is a show with a mass murderer as its romantic lead; Gabi's just playing the fourth wall and trying to even the score, but her 2nd victim survived.

We all saw this coming, and although I wonder if they changed the story, since there was no need to make a big deal of testing Tate if he was not going to be "the one." I really hate seeing that smug, condescending look on Gabi's face as, once again, she has the ultimate power over who lives or dies. Every once in a while she seems human and realizes that she is screwed up, but that doesn't happen often enough, and she is as worthless now as Kate is.

They have turned her into true blue villain now.

Back