Actor gone?

He was not one of my favorite characters. He always seemed dull and lacked charisma. And they have never written anything interesting for his character except maybe the first year or two he was on the show. I liked him with Sami, but as someone said above, that ship has sailed.
Best wishes to the actor on his next adventure.

This is disappointing news. Rafe is the only sane, stable, intelligent character in Salem. He’s such a nice person and so attractive. He’s my favorite male on the show. I had hoped they’d bring on a nice, new woman to pair him with. Very sad.

It is a shame what the writers did to the character, first pairing him with Hope, which was NOT a good idea at all, so they ended it, then turned Hope into Gina, and put Rafe way back on the burner. Rafe should have been Commissioner in the first place, never have been Hope's partner. But then, the writers have practically destroyed the entire police dept., along with the hospital staff.

Maybe they can say he took baby David and moved to Italy to live with Lucas and help raise Sami's kids. Now that's a show I'd watch, Lucas and Rafe raising Johnny, Allie, Sydney and baby David. Kind of like an updated Full House. Heck, throw in Arianna, too, since her mother's too busy to notice if she's even around, Daddy Sonny is too busy looking for love in all the wrong places and Daddy Will is being noble and serving out Aunt Maggie's punishment.

I'm sad and disappointed. I've always liked Rafe and I adored him with Sami. I always wanted them to have a kid together. Salem also needs younger cops and they don't seem interested in having Shawn around full time. Sami and Rafe were one of the more realistic couples I've seen on this show as they dealt with everyday issues like money and such. I also really feel for Galen Gering (Rafe) who has been the unnecessary victim of online bullying by many in the Days fandom on social media and certain unmoderated message boards (not here). I'm disgusted to see people cheering for this. The man has a wife and 2 young kids to support. May all those bullying him be on the receiving end of the same job loss karma.

And I'm beyond tired of seeing comments about how he was propped just as much as Daniel. NO. Daniel was NEVER backburnered and was constantly inserted into stories that were at the expense of other characters on the show. For example, Dr. Daniel would suddenly be doing detective work and we wouldn't see actual cops. Daniel would be the focus of an entire Kristen return instead of Marlena and John. Rafe has done nothing even remotely close to that. Rafe has also been backburnered numerous times throughout his run.

I don't understand why this show continues to destroy younger male leads (i.e. Rafe, JJ, Eric to an extent, Aiden, etc.) yet characters like Sarah and Kate are written for exhaustively. I'm so tired of it.

Agree completely. Always liked Rafe.......from Day 1.

And if he goes......just who is left in the Salem P.D.? Eli is gone, as is Lani. Hope is useless. JJ left. Roman & Abe not involved any more. So now the Salem P.D. no longer exists, Kayla is the only employee at the hospital. Tripp & Claire no longer at the cafe in the square, Brady & Sonny no longer at Titan. Guess the Salem Spectator may be the only business with known Salemites working, Ciara, Kristen, Brady, Sonny don't have jobs. No, I do not consider Nicole, Gabi or Kristen having jobs. All their time is spent elsewhere, same goes for Chad.

Wow that's sad if people are cheering for him leaving. I think it's sad how they've wasted this character. Now they don't have the means to bring in a love interest for him so they just stuck him with Hope even though there wasn't any chemistry.

I also liked him with Sami and I liked that it was real normal issues for them. I think that's what's lacking through the show now. Romance happens in a week and everything else has to be exciting or weird. I tend to think it's that they don't right comedy very well although you see snippets once in a while. They could have somewhat normal stories if they had an upbeat and funny backdrop. And maybe dating could be a thing. I'd love for Rafe to meet someone and have it unfold slowly.

I'm so disappointed! The show is going from bad to worse. I guess this will free up even more time for Kristen and a few others, such as Gina. They seem to give the most air time to characters I don't like.
Ain't that the truth. This absolutely stinks. I always enjoyed the actor, but was sold on him after we went to the Manhattan book signing and he looked up at me and made a point of saying hello. Why can't the writers give screen time to actors/characters that the viewers enjoying watching than the ones that tempt them to hit the fast-forward button.

Today's episode shows how far they've gone with this character. They've made him so dim-witted. It makes me crazy.

Very sad. His last day today on his birthday

• ggering
    Verified

Thank you all so much for the incredible birthday wishes. I’ve always seen birthdays as a day of reflection, an opportunity to look back at where I’ve been and where I’m going. So, it’s oddly befitting that today also happens to be my last day at Days. Man...I have such great memories from the last 10 years. Onscreen I’ve fought for marriages and fought evil twins. I’ve put people in prison and been imprisoned. And offscreen, I’ve made friendships that I will have for a lifetime. All the while, I’ve been so fortunate to have the love and support of the greatest fans in the world. I hope you know how thankful I am to have had you at my side. With that said, the journey continues and I hope to bring you along for the ride. Thanks for the memories Days of our Lives. Like sands through the hourglass...
    Love Y’all
    ✌️

I put this on the other leaving thread And I'm putting it here as well.

Someone has started a petition to Corday Productions and NBC To save Will and Sonny and also Rafe. If it's OK here to share the link to the petition, here it is:

https://www.change.org/p/nbc-keep-rafe-will-and-sonny-on-days-of-our-lives?

utm_content=cl_sharecopy_20266730_en-US:v1&recruiter=979674144&recruited_by_id=4c00c190-9aef-11e9-a2dd-878455066b42&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_abi&utm_term=share_petition

Back