Coming Up

I am so happy with the name Allie selected. Although Henry was a little strange, I am glad she picked Lucas as the middle name. Lucas deserved to have the baby named after him. Here's to Henry Lucas Horton.

It seems odd to me in this day and age that they would write a story about someone being so under the influence, waking up thinking she was raped and then possibly turning it into a love story. It would be one thing if they got drunk and hooked up and he just didn't call again or something like that. Hoping there's some other plan for this and it would be great if it didn't involve rape at all.

We don't really know what the story is going to be, lots of guessing and speculation. Maybe she was given a date rape drug, so only vaguely recalls this guy who found her, or helped her, took her home. Now thinks it was him. Or maybe both had too much to drink, had sex, but doesn't remember, until she turns up pregnant, and remembers that night. Or , or, or......any one of a a number of different scenarios.

But I honestly HATE the idea of her pregnancy being a result of rape. I don't want to see any more rape stories on this show. Enough already.

Why is it Days has about 2 out of 3 women on this show raped at some point? I am really sick of this pattern! I also don't want Tripp to be the rapist. Since he is Steve's son I don't want him to be a villain (even if his mother is one). As others have said, Tripp could still be the father of little Henry Lucas, but I would rather it had been a drunken one night stand. Allie has been said by Lucas to be wild, partying her way across Europe. She could have met Tripp and they could have had sex, but both went their separate ways after the encounter and then she found out she was pregnant. It could have still made an interesting story.

If we are going to have a rape story, I hope someone else was involved, maybe slipped Allie a date rape drug, so that she is not remembering all of the details of that night correctly. She and Tripp may have still slept together, resulting in Henry Lucas, but they both could have been drunk and he did not notice she was drugged, so in his mind it was consensual. While she feels she had been raped.

Days has a proven track record of poorly told rape storylines and does the audience more of a disservice in its portrayal of women and the aftermath ie: falling in love or befriending their rapist rather than using this as an opportunity to show empowered women.

I hate how soaps portray women when it comes to relationships with men in many cases.

Just wait and watch how it plays out. I have a feeling that Allie was drunk or high (maybe slipped a date rape drug?) and she only thinks Tripp raped her.
Can we hope he (Tripp) rescues her, and she (Allie) got confused? Why would Tripp have been in either Italy or England? Thought he was in med school.

Back