Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 10, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
DiMansion Outside Entry - EJ is yelling at Rolf over the phone about the DNA results when Sloan calls him to remind him how Eric and Nicole are trueloves who will dump them if they know they spawned Jude. Holly and Nicole come out. Holly is going to the Bistro. (EJ mentions Sydney and Susan.) She's not afraid of the Bistro.

Bistro - Tate and Jeannie T are having a Mother's Day meal. Kim never gave up on Jeannie T, and Jeannie T hasn't and won't give up on Tate.

Graveyard - Thomas leaves gifts for Abigail on her grave. Charlotte is too young.

Square, Horton Plaque - Julie leaves flowers and talks to Gran about rebuilding the house and opening the time capsule. She knows Addie is with them. Paulina comes upon them and wishes her a happy Mother's Day. Paulina feels like a bad mother. Everyone admires Paulina.

DiMansion Living Room - Johnny has a call with his mother. She's eating in a cave restaurant with Sydney (in Amalfi, Italy) because Johnny sent Sydney the money. He does not deliver any news to her. Chanel enters, she has cancelled her lunch with her mom. She can't take Paulina right now because she's still mad at her. Johnny doesn't need an explanation because he enjoys being on another continent from his mother. Chanel is glad she doesn't know about the pregnancy. She will call Paulina.

Square - Julie and Paulina are talking about Jules. Chanel calls to cancel. She's staying in bed. Julie offers comfort.

Petersen-Brady Apartment - Sloan comes in with Jude. Eric has made a Mother's Day meal for her. He's wearing shorts and an apron. Later, they're eating breakfast. Sloan asks about his job, which he likes except for Leo. He agrees to let it go for Sloan for Mother's Day, then gives her a necklace with Jude's birthstone.

Bistro - Tate and Jeannie T are seated when Holly, EJ, and Nicole enter. Both moms think their kid picked this place on purpose. (They are seated at separate tables.) Tate denies, so does Holly. EJ made the reservations. There aren't many restaurants in Salem (stated by Jeannie T.). At the Donovan-Black table, they discuss jobs. At the Walker-DiMera-Jonas table, they pick their food and toast to mothers.

DiMansion Living Room - Chanel weeps about how their lives might change with this potentially irradiated child and it might wreck their nascent marriage. Johnny vows nothing will change for them.

Bistro, Black-Donovan Table - Jeannie T was dating an old guy during prom, her parents yelled at her, she didn't go to the prom. She wants to go tux shopping but Tate doesn't know what color Sophia's dress is. She asks questions about Sophia which the writers refuse to answer. Jeannie is glad, but Tate is salty he couldn't go with Holly. Later, they talk about Alex.

Bistro, Walker-Jonas-DiMera Table - The family talks about Nicole's exciting and groundbreaking work at the Spectator as well as EJ's fantastic jobs. Nicole wants a fun weekend away when they get a chance, Holly wants to wait until after prom. Nicole says no prom, no way. She knows Holly wants to go with Tate, but Holly is going with Aaron Greene. They start to quarrel, EJ tries to calm them down, so they can leave and continue the fight at home. Holly tells Nicole off, stomps out while screeching with Nicole in pursuit. At the other table, Jeannie T calls Holly a drama queen.

Pub - Thomas and Chad are playing tic-tac-toe. Julie arrives for their scheduled brunch. (Charlotte is at a princess brunch, no word on with whom.) They talk about their talks with the dead, the reconstruction, and how much they miss "their" home. Thomas gives "Aunt" Julie a decoration he and Charlotte made for "her" new house. She's proud to be his "auntie". Charlotte goes back to hang out with "Uncle" Roman. News flash: Chad misses Abigail. Julie misses David, is lucky for her "grandchildren" (wow we almost remembered Scotty exists).

DiMansion Living Room - Johnny is comforting Chanel when Paulina bursts in (she went past Harold). She is here to comfort her daughter at top volume. Johnny thanks her, tries to shoo her out. Chanel needs her, Paulina blasts. Chanel says no way, recaps the snow terror, and how Paulina is trying to turn this into her own tragedy. She and Johnny need space, Chanel hopes Paulina can respect that. She leaves, Chanel is sad. Chanel worries that Paulina was hurt, Johnny tries to comfort her. More consternation about the pregnancy.

Square - Eric and Sloan are smooching by a stroller after a nice morning when Nicole and Holly blow by like a hurricane. Holly calls her the worst mom on the planet. Eric steps in to play mediator as Holly uses sailor talk. He reminds Holly she almost died. Holly refers to her near-death experience as "one mistake" rather than recognizing the series of events that led to it.

Private Area - Paulina deafens the heavens as she hopes things are going to be all right for her baby.

Square - Eric tries to bring up his terror sister, Sami, as a teen; Holly refers to it as the "Stone Age" because she's a reasonable and relatable youth. Meanwhile Sloan and Nicole discuss Holly's turmoil and the death of Nicole's baby. EJ has entered the Square, gets confirmation (boo) that Jude was hatched by Eric and Nicole during their drug-induced stupor. He expresses sorrow verbally as he glares toward Nicole. END

I hope Nicole lets Holly go to the prom. If Nicole tries to deny her, I am betting she sneaks out.

No way under the sun Ejerk being the evil arrogant piece of human excrement he is, will tell Nicole that Jude is her baby. Leo Lady Whistle Blower better tell Nicole the whole truth. If Nicole leaves without knowing, I will be beyond furious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to take "Aunt" Julie as an honorary and not assume the writers don't know the actual relationship - this fits with some real-life situations. I've never observed closeness between Jen/Jack/Abby/Chad and Roman to justify "Uncle Roman" though. "Mr Brady" or "Grampa Roman" I would accept since Chad and Kate are "like mother and son".

I'm also going to give the writers credit for remembering Scotty Banning, although I fear they might have been referring generically to Jules/Carver along with Eli as "grandchildren" (rather than "grandchildren and great-grandchildren").
When is this poor man going to be able to retire?? He and Henderson (the K-Mansion butler) are going to end up dropping over dead in their respective mansions.
Harold's retirement party seems like a great time for a celebrity walk-on role. I don't remember what he looks like.

Thanks, Jason.

Go Chanel, go. I'm glad she told her mom to take a hike and Paulina was only thinking about herself now since
she felt guilty.

Nice to see Thomas with Chad and Julie.

Maybe Harold Junior or Harold the third works for the DiMeras. :)

Holly needs to understand why Nicole won't let her go to the prom. Will Eric make her understand?

I laughed when Eric was trying to tell Holly about Sami and their mom. Holly said this wasn't the Stone Age.
I thought of The Flintstones.

What an ending. EJ finds out the baby is Eric's and he sees Nicole holding Jude.

Harold's retirement party seems like a great time for a celebrity walk-on role. I don't remember what he looks like.
Here's a picture of poor hardworking Harold (played by actor Julian Barnes).

barnes_julian.jpg

Thank you, Jason!

EJ is despicable. I hope Nicole learns all the truth, including his knowing she is Jude's bio mother but kept quiet. EJ and Sloan deserve each other and to have their lives imploded.

All the Sydney talk lately leads me to believe we will finally see her as a teen. Though do we really need another teen on the scene?

Thomas was adorable, as always. At least Charlotte had a fun place to go.

Wonder what The Bistro prices are compared to The Brady Pub? Now I'm craving Eggs Benedict. But in Salem, they should be called Eggs Benedict Arnold.

Maybe Nicole SHOULD let Holly go to the prom to prove herself and not get into trouble. But I don't have much faith in Holly's choices. After all, prom is a four-letter word.

They should add some more merch for the show, aprons with Eric's image on them. You heard of The Galloping Gourmet? Fill in the blanks for whatever should be substituted for "Galloping." 'Nuf said.

I don't think I heard Chanel call Paulina "Mama," but "Mom." I think Chanel has been very supportive of Paulina up til now. I don't blame her for getting her feelings out. Paulina will get over it, what was said needed to be said. This is more than just an "oops" on Paulina's part.

Continuity was sleeping: When Paulina was sitting on the bench, the bag of saltines, ginger ale, etc., that she took back from Chanel was not with her. Did she toss the bag out?

Thanks Jason. A very filled day with lots of arguments. As expected, whenever the writers decide it's time to do a prom, parents must get angry and teens' flimsy panties in a twist. Theresa wanting to know more about Sophia. Tate should have been honest and said he'd thrown a ball that hit her in the face and because of the damage to her nose and the coming black eye, he agreed to take her. But duh plot.

I wonder how long Mother's Day will last? Or should I say I dread how long this day will last.

Ejerk being the evil arrogant piece of human excrement he is
I would have agreed with you but the last year of story has demonstrated that he is a better partner. Just two weeks ago he stopped thinking about himself and asked her about her new job. He recognized her needs and important things in her life. Eric would never.

That said, it seems sleazy druglord rapist EJ is making a return. Ick.
poor hardworking Harold (played by actor Julian Barnes)
Wow, this was the image I had, but I wasn't 100% sure. If he's still working, bring him back and give him DiMera stock or something as his retirement present.
Though do we really need another teen on the scene?
In general, yes, but since Tate and Sydney are second cousins, it's not diversified enough for her to return now.
EJ should fake new DNA tests that show him as the dad and get Jude back for Nicole at least.
I would love this. I'm still hoping for a long-shot hail-mary street mime who interceded for some reason to screw with Eric or EJ or all of the above.

Why every parent on Days has to be so horrible in relation to teens is beyond me. Oh right, for DUH PLOT and soApY drAmA. Groan!!

EJ is despicable. I hope Nicole learns all the truth, including his knowing she is Jude's bio mother but kept quiet. EJ and Sloan deserve each other and to have their lives imploded.
Amen to that!!
what was said needed to be said. This is more than just an "oops" on Paulina's part.
Yes, I was cheering Chanel on. Paulina needed to hear that. I doubt that it will really sink in though.

I would love this. I'm still hoping for a long-shot hail-mary street mime who interceded for some reason to screw with Eric or EJ or all of the above.
YES! I said that the other day! Let Rafe be Jude's bio dad from some brainwashed street mime business that neither he or Nicole remembers.

EJ has not done anything yet beyond confirm what Sloan told him. I doubt he will tell Nicole the whole truth but thus far he has done what he should: find out before telling Nicole.

And I try to feel bad for Nicole but she did the same thing to Sami so I don't.

Since Sloan cut Leo off of her money tree, it could be Leo who spills the beans to Nicole and/or Eric.

Leo is really all about lining his pockets, so he might not be the one as I don't think either Nicole or Eric have the kind of big bucks coming in, that Leo would want. Heck, Eric already scolded Sloan for all the $$$ she gave Leo, pretending to be just helping a friend. Then again, Nicole is wed to EJ, so the DiMera money tree could possibly get harvested.

Used to like Leo, he was fun, had snappy lines, etc. But no more. He got stripped of the good part, leaving only the tattered rags of his former self.

New Tate is ok but I miss original Tate.

Boy Eric, you are going to feel like a fool after doing so much for Sloan's first Mothers Day when you find out the truth.

I loved Chanel telling off her mother. Not a Paulina fan. She deserved it. She was absolutely making it about her.

I was very surprised that Sloan asked Nicole to rock Jude.

I'm sorry I'm going to miss this good stuff that's going to be happening pretty quick. At least it seems like it will be quick. Bad vacation timing.

maybe Sloan is getting a huge guilty conscience about Nicole & Jude.....plus it does seem Sloan is not all that fond of taking care of a baby. Could be very wrong.......but Sloan wants Eric, and Eric loves Jude, but it really looks as if Sloan is only hanging in because of Eric, but being Sloan, she would boot him to the curb, rather than be a mama to a baby who is not hers. Bet it is coming!

business that neither he or Nicole remembers.
Yes - we'd still get all the drama of the baby switch, but with a twist and additional ripples as it rekindles the Rafe/EJ feud, affects Rafe/Jada, and ruins Nicole/Eric and maybe Eric/Sloan. It could generate story for years.

Sloan is only hanging in because of Eric
This annoys me a lot (I agree with you as this is the story presented) because Sloan didn't want or need a man when she came to town. I don't think Eric's enough of a prize to re-evaluate one's entire life, either.

Back