Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 10, 2024

Richly deserved — this was Paulina’s treatment by Chanel. It’s time for this blowhard to start thinking before she acts.

Undeserved — fake mother Sloan deserves coal in her stocking, not the gift of jewelry.

Poor tactics — Nicole could have avoided today’s hysterics by letting foolish Holly go to her all-important prom with the caveat that if anything untoward happens she’s grounded until high school graduation.

Insecure — For all his self-important bluster, EJ must lack self-confidence. Perhaps, he heard “Elvis, you fool,” once too often from Stefano. If he had his act together, he would immediately reveal the truth to Nicole, sure that his loving wife would be filled with gratitude, not the desire to be with the fallen Father Eric.

Who knew — Rolf can actually do reliable DNA tests. If this was common knowledge, many Salemites could have avoided misery over the years.

No style — somebody should tell Eric that no shirt with a black apron is not the best look. Stylish Leo would have gagged over Eric’s appearance.

poor hardworking Harold (played by actor Julian Barnes)
Wow, this was the image I had, but I wasn't 100% sure. If he's still working, bring him back and give him DiMera stock or something as his retirement present.
I was checking out Julian Barnes' (Harold) IMDB page and he played a Dr. Goddard on Days in 1992. Went digging around and he was apparently the doctor who either delivered Nicky Alamain or arranged for baby Nicky to be given to Vivian to raise and told Carly that her baby had died. In 1992, he was hiding the truth from Carly and Bo, who were looking for info about her deceased baby.

I don’t blame Nicole. What has Holly done to regain her mom’s trust? She keeps acting like she wasn’t lying, drinking, and doing drugs, almost dying, then lying and drinking some more. Did she ever explain where the drugs came from? Does Nicole know what people she’s going with? Then she curses at her mom at the restaurant? What a snot.

I enjoyed the Chanel and Johnny scenes. Once again crossing my fingers they let a young couple be happy and have a quasi-normal for a soap relationship vs breaking them up constantly. They are so much better together than Chanel and Allie.

When she referred to her mother having a bug up her donkey-word, all I could do is gasp. If I had said such a thing like that to my mom, heads would have rolled. But I’m a black child born in the ‘70s. ‘Twas a very different time.

Agree that new Tate isn’t as charismatic. He’s doing fine but I also just don’t buy him as a teen. If you were watching the show for the first time you could totally believe he was on a date with Theresa and not taking mom out.

We got mentions of family outside Salem today. Susan, Sami, Sydney, Eli, Lani, Jules, Carver, plus Alice, Addie, Abigail, and David.

I swear every time that little boy playing Thomas comes on screen he steals the scene. What a talented little guy.

Holly is proving to be quite the drama queen and spoiled brat. I would totally understand if EJ and Nicole kept her on lockdown the rest of the school year.

Good for Chanel for being honest and putting Paulina in check. Johnny was trying so hard to be diplomatic and keep the peace. These 2 are growing on me as a couple.

Thanks for the summary. The episode was OK. A bit lackluster but certainly not as bad as other recent episodes. The teen scene and Paulina are just annoying me a bit lately, and I'm tired of the baby secret. Out with it already.

Back