Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 11, 2019

Here's my two cents on today's developments.

:angry::angry::angry::angry: Will in jail (assuming it's him). Regardless of the "facts," there's no way Sami would have tolerated this and it's hard to believe that the old fixer himself, Victor, wouldn't have intervened to make any charges against Sonny's husband evaporate.

:angry::angry::angry::angry: Ben in jail. With a good criminal attorney (not Justin), there's no way that Ben should have been convicted of murdering Jordan. As shown on screen, there wouldn't be any real physical evidence connecting him with the crime; the time of Jordan's death wouldn't match his arrival at the gate house; and Ben's past criminal history wouldn't have been admissible at any trial.

:angry::angry::angry: JJ popping pills. For viewers who know JJ's history with controlled substances, this is an awful plot device. Who wants to see another rendition of pill-popping? Viewers had enough of this with Carly and her magic polka-dot bra.

:angry::angry: Jenny's magic coma recovery. As many posters have pointed out, there's no way that anyone who'd been in a coma that long would look and act as if they'd been asleep overnight.

:angry: Killing off Haley. This is totally gratuitous. If the writers wanted to write her out, why not have her get a job at a real hospital in Chicago.

:clap::clap::clap:Xander in a business suit and playing baby daddy. It's about time Victor gave the new, responsible X-Man a promotion.

:clap::clap:Missing Sarah's pregnancy. If this had been shown on-screen, sourpuss Eric would have become even more unbearable than usual.

:clap:Nicole is running her own business. It's a good thing that she's bringing in some money because if she had to rely on whatever nickels and dimes Eric manages to scrape up, it would be canned pork-and-beans on the menu every night.

Last edited:
Salem seems to have attorneys as inept as their police dept. I did not think about it, but yes, am very happy we did not have to endure Sarah's pregnancy. Bad enough she eats up as much screen time as she does. I hope that she will be used from now on like other Salemites, and not shoved into every scene whether she belongs there or not.

That said, found it odd that Ben shares a cell with Will. I mean if they were next cell over, or across the way.........but they know each other. And that sounded like a weary long time inmate's remark from Will.....Yeah, that's what they all say.

Evidently Haley is dead so that JJ can be back doing drugs. And while Jack is shown doing leg exercises on Jen. (for which I give the show credit for realizing that would have to be done), I was surprised they did not show Jen hooked up to monitors. And.....I also realize today's audience wants things to move along. Thus Jen is able to talk, weakly, & having a bit of memory trouble, which will probably disappear soon. This all is a big thing for Day, a rebooting that puts the show into a bunch of different situations, which will be revealed over the next few days.

Since Will is in jail and Haley is dead could Will have somehow caused Haley’s death?

I need Xander to be the father of Sarah’s baby because there’s no way that adorable baby is sourpuss Eric’s.

Why is Nicole wearing the rain overly gelled version of JJ’s haircut?

Jen’s post coma hair looks better than mine currently does.

Eric reassures her, he loves Holly as his own child. All he needs.
I really hope they stick with this (since it's unimaginable that the Sainted Daniel Jonas will ever be erased from existence).

I hope also that Xander is proven to be the daddy of Sarah's child.

I'm not sure I care about anything else, but I will say bravo for the minor touches of the leg exercises.

Why do they even bother killing anyone anymore? Just poke Jordan's corpse with a DiMera wonderdrug at any time, and Stefan's old bodyguard can be back roaming the grounds.

Thanks, Poirot.

I love, love the new hospital sets.

I enjoyed the song that was played when we saw Jack with Jennifer during the flashbacks.

Does anyone else wonder what Sarah's daughter's name is?

Interesting to see Xander wear the Clark Kent glasses since Sarah called him her
hero when
he claimed to be the baby's daddy. Later, Sarah called Xander "brainic" who is one of
Superman's villains

Stupid Salem PD. They arrested Ben for Jordan's murder when she was killed with a scarf
not a neck tie :)

I laughed when Eric asked Sarah how could she be sure it was Xander's baby and not his
since she slept them around the same time. We had that discussion when she got pregnant
and she didn't think it might be Rex's.

Nice to see Chad and Abby. I hope we'll see more of the DiMera mansion besides the study.

Does anyone else think Eric is more of a villain in the way he comports himself than Xander is? I couldn't stand his sanctimonious ways today; his borderline rage and entitled attitude were appalling. The fact everyone makes excuses for his behavior by saying what a great person he is I find disgusting. Furthermore, Nicole shouldn't be afraid Eric will leave her if he learns Sarah's baby is his (I hope the kid really isn't) rather that he'll hit her up to supply his child support payments because he's a glorified bum.:tsk::angry:

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that......so found a video of the episode, ran it, and it still looked like a mustache, he even brushed his lip a bit, ......but I saw that other pic of him in jail, looking as usual. So, it probably is the lighting.

I've been a die hard for Eric and Nicole. I like the actors and I've wanted them to get together. I want to like them. But I have to say I am weary of the way they are written. Yes, I'm tired of Eric's gloomy countenance, but I'm much more turned off by how he is forever losing his temper and wanting to attack everybody. I'm also tired of Nicole digging her own grave by making one bad decision after another, then she goes around with the gloomy face, hoping nobody finds out. It's disappointing to me that they couldn't have been written better.

Last edited:
I know Eric was Nicole's first love (when he was Jensen Ackles, yum) but I always liked Nicole and Brady. He was really there for her when she lost EJ's baby. I just hope that Sarah's baby is not Eric's. Make it Rex's if not Xander's. And yes @katmouse what is the baby's name?! Please not Erica! With her saying she was huge All My Children fan. :rotfl:

I've been a die hard for Eric and Nicole. I like the actors and I've wanted them to get together. I want to like them. But I have to say I am weary of the way they are written. Yes, I'm tired of Eric's gloomy countenance, but I'm much more turned off by how he is forever losing his temper and wanting to attack everybody. I also tired of Nicole digging her own grave by making one bad decision after another, then she goes around with the gloomy face, hoping nobody finds out. It's disappointing to me that they couldn't have been written better.

Yeah, attacking everyone and always being on edge is what I hate most. A hero should not have anger management issues. John or Roman back in the day never lost their temper constantly in spite of the crap Stefano and others put them through. Yesterday I was honestly frightened Eric might hit or push Sarah or shove Nicole by accident if she got between them.

Last edited:
Back