Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 6, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Monday, November 6, 2017

Missed the 1st half hour, but outside of learning that Tripp came home to find Kate in their apt. with Theo, doesn’t seem missed much.Lots of flashbacks in re: Will/Paul, 2nd half.

Kate talks with Theo, who is upset about lying to Chad. Kate apologizes for that, but is for the good of the company. She will tell Chad about Theo helping find who is undermining the company, when they have more concrete proof. Chad is liable to go off on Andre. She also warns Theo of the dangers of trying to “get into the building” after hours, (they seem to be talking of DiMera Corporate offices……who knew?? LOL). Theo promises not to try. Kate worries that Tripp not say anything about seeing her there.

In the square, waitress Claire, & waiter Tripp are conferring about her ability to carry several plates on her arm (and the way she is carrying them, the food would all slide off). She figures she has got it, chatters about getting good tips of late, goes off to deliver the food to her table, and we hear the crash of plates. Later, Claire complains all her tips now going to pay for the plates, Tripp offers to do so, she says no, her fault, she did not practice enough, she is owning up to what she did. She thanks him with a hug, Theo arrives, they both stumble over the “just a friend hug”, Theo is o.k. with it, wants to talk to Tripp alone, asks for a favor, he & Kate were working on something private, so don’t mention to anyone about her being there in the apt. Tripp agrees.

Sami is with Lucas, arguing up a storm. She has told him all that Susan said & did, wants to go back to the house, Lucas physically stops her. He adamantly puts his foot down, reminding her she has other children, she has to be there for them. He goes on ab out her stunts, impulsiveness, she claims well, she is still here. But Lucas figures Susan is crazy, and who knows what she might do. He pleads, Will is dead, there is no chance. And if you persist in thinking he is alive, we will be suffering his death all over again. Both are emotional, and now are crying, Sami concedes he is right, holds him, both in tears.

Paul is with John & Marlena, seems about to tell them of seeing Will in the bar, but hesitates, and instead says he saw Lucas, drunk as can be. Both John & Marlena are sorry Lucas has gone down this path, Paul urges them to go back home, they don’t want to. He is rather insistent, Marlena goes to say goodbye to Sonny. John talks to Paul about how they will put this all behind them, go forth with the wedding, etc. Paul will stay with Sonny til he gets released, and then both will go home.

Susan is telling Roger (Elvis) all about what she did with those mean, mean people from Salem. She talks of EJ when he was a baby, holds his favorite teddy bear with the missing eye, hopes she squashed those Salem folk’s dream. She is still a bit depressed. Roger suggests they go down to the bar, she loves the idea, nearly smothers him. (he calls her SuSu).

Abby has told Chad about quitting the police force, they are all lovey dovey as he asks her to be the PR person for DiMera. They tease about working together, then go upstairs, so he can ravish her. Lol. When they come down, Kate comes rushing in to talk to Chad privately, he says she can talk in front of Abby, new head of PR. Kate is not a happy camper, covers, says they have to do damage control after Jennifer’s hatchet job on DiMera.

Paul comes into the bar, sees Will working (tis amazing Will never ever looks around, as anyone else would. Paul is torn, is about to talk to Will, changes his mind, goes forth again, stops, says, God forgive me, I cannot do this, and leaves. The door slams, Will finally looks around, at the door, but shrugs, and continues wiping the table.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot. Also, thank you for your observations, OC.

I've only seen Will in Lucas' hallucinations so far. I wish I could give Paul a Gibbs' head slap. :whack: He's being extremely selfish by not telling anyone about seeing Will. Hopefully, Lucas will head back to that bar.

I guess Chad already had mentioned the article to Abby, which started them talking about her doing the PR job.

Theo has learned that some remote computer in a building down on the docks is the one that has gotten info from the DiMera accounts. (I am guessing about the last few words).

Hopefully, someone who saw the whole show, or at least lst half can let us know.

(Sorry, folks, but hubby had a medical appt. and foolishly took his truck in for some work, so I had to provide taxi service. But, I did manage to get address & phone numbers changed at our doctors' offices, so was not all a lost cause.

Oh, gosh, nearly forgot. With Sami & Lucas, & their tears, and final acceptance that Will is still dead, Sami wants to help Lucas get off the path he is on. He refuses to let her help with his liver and drinking, but she begs him, she has to focus on somethings, wants badly to help him, for the sake of their daughter, grandaughter. Lucas finally agrees, saying that after all she has been thru, yes, he will do that for her. Hugs. Tears.

Why is Paul so certain that Will would go running back to Sonny? He certainly hasn't made any move to do so up till now. And when he eventually does meet Sonny, maybe he'll decide that his former husband has become a power-mad twerp who isn't worth returning to.

EJ's old teddy bear should try to get a book contract. I Was EJ's Teddy Bear should be a best seller in Salem.

Instead of involving poor Theo in a break-in, why doesn't Kate hire a 2017 version of Bo Brady to do the job? Get a pro not a college kid amateur.

Chad seems fixated on "ravishing" Abigail. How much work can he really accomplish with such a one-track mind?

If Susan learned the real truth about EJ's death, Clyde would be in for a real shock. Surely, he's never imagined that an enraged batty woman with unusual teeth would ever point a shotgun at his head.

Show opened with Tripp and Claire "working" in the square. Tripp gives Claire some tips on waiting tables shows her how to carry three plates at a time. She wants a photo of her balancing plates to post on her Instagram. Tripp left his phone at home, he's on break. He'll run get it. That's how he came to walk in on Theo and Kate's little pow wow.

Chad and Abby are arguing about whether or not Andre is sabotaging DiMera Enterprises and is using Theo to help. Abby says its not possible. Chad asks her why, it's been done before and she helped.

Marlena and John are restraining Sami who continues to screech at Susan. Susan tells her again that Will is dead. Sami calls her crazy. Susan says no, she's just a mother missing her son, like somebody else. If they don't get out, she'll call the police. Marlena and John finally talk Sami into leaving.

Paul flashes back to his encounter with Lucas in the Memphis bar and to his own sighting of Will.

Theo tells Kate that the originating computer is in an office bldg. at the docks. Kate gets a call from Lucas. Any news about Will? Lucas tells her that Adrienne dumped him twice, first by the fake Adrienne then by the real one. Kate tells him he's not making any sense. Tells him that if Will really is dead, Sami is going to need him as much as he needs her.

At the bar, Paul approaches and very softly says "Will" to the guy's back. (yeah, he's not paying much attention to his customers, too busy putting the fruit away). Paul gets a call from John who tells him about Susan. She says Will is dead. Paul asks him if he believes her. John is not sure, asks Paul if he has found anything. Paul tells him that he'd rather tell him In private. John tells him to come to the hospital. Paul leaves without talking to the still oblivious "Will".

Tripp has overheard Kate and Theo talking about doing something illegal (breaking into the building where the computer is). Kate makes up some story about Theo being DiMera Ent. go-to guy for stopping cyber attacks. Tripp gets his phone and leaves. Kate asks if Tripp is going to feel the need to share what he overheard. Theo answers that Tripp has done some pretty bad things so he's in no position to judge.

At home, Chad shows Abby the article in the Spectator about DiMera Ent. Says he's worried anout how to spin it. Getting calls from reporters all day. Abby tells him to tell them the truth. Chad says she has a real knack for that sort of thing. Abby tells him that she is available.

I believe that this is where Poirot came in.

EJ's old teddy bear should try to get a book contract. I Was EJ's Teddy Bear should be a best seller in Salem.
71YrS3nQ8CL._SY355_.jpg

A pretty decent episode for a Monday. Think today I finally enjoyed Sami on screen with her scenes with Lucas. Great acting. Susan still seems a bit off to me unless it's a bit of a rewrite. I can see her as a gun toting hillbilly, yes, but this Elvis impersonator and leaving Edmund, I'm not buying it. Let alone Marlena had done so much for Susan in the past, don't see her behaving that way.

Oh if Theo wasn't connected to Chad, I am sure most definitely Kate would be giving out orders to break into the warehouse. Since Theo is Chad's nephew, that's probably the only reason why Kate told him not to do anything illegal. And did I miss something, how did Tripp hear anything? He opened the door and they stopped talking, unless the door is plywood.

I'd actually hope Abby goes into something different then working for DiMera Enterprises. There are other companies and businesses suited. Sonny is her cousin who could help.

Thanks, Poirot and DW.

I wonder how much Tripp actually heard from Kate's conversation
with Theo? We probably find out later.

Paul has lived in Salem too long. It was very easy for him not to mention
he saw Will at the bar. Then he told John and Marlena go ahead and
leave Memphis.

And are Susan and Roger going to the same bar Will is working at?

I hope Sami can help Lucas stop drinking. I'm glad the "other" children
were sort of mentioned, but where are they now?

I thought Susan got her teeth fixed and she and Edmund went off happy as larks. Now she looks the same. As with all stories, this is moving too slow. Can't they make an office set? Nobody goes to work. Surely the Dimeras would have a fancy suite of offices on the umpteeth floor of some building.

Paul leaves without talking to the still oblivious "Will".
To be fair, Paul wasn't exactly trying too hard (I like your description of Paul 'softly' saying Will). He practically whispered Will's name, and it's pretty obvious that Will has amnesia at this point. Only a soap viewer in a John-Black-style coma wouldn't realise this at this point.

I am more convinced than ever that this is not Susan.

Lucas and Sami are magic. I can tolerate her around him, or Rafe, as long as she never says her rapist's name again and she remembers she has other kids.

I was hoping Paul would be straightforward about sighting Will. But he's been in Salem too long, and is dumbed to the point of indifference. If he wasn't going to tell anything and actually move this story forward, he could have done a pop-in scene and left my screen. Is this supposed to make me root for him and Sonny?

Thanks for the summary. This was an OK show, I guess a decent start to the week. Even the filler scenes (Abigail & Chad, Tripp & Claire) weren't bad. Much more promising than some of the other episodes we've seen lately. Looking forward to the rest of the week.

Back