Days of Our Lives - Tue., July 4, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Kayla and Tripp are talking at the hospital. She says he's a natural, she worries about mistakes she's made, is grateful he caught her "error" with Hope's medication. Losing a patient is bad enough, like with Mr Morales, where everything was done right, she can't imagine how she would have felt if an error had killed Hope. She has to go talk with a colleague, he recalls his tampering with the records to murder a patient. He calls Jade on the phone, laments his attempt to discredit someone and potentially murder someone, but Jade insists he do it again. Tripp takes the tablet and changes something again (boy that nurse's station in the hospital is a ghost town). She returns, says he's such a good person (because he lies that he's thinking about Mr Morales again), that is what will make him a great doctor. They leave to go to the Pub.

At the Pub, Steve and Joe are ready to fire up the grill. Eric arrives, hugs Roman, denies that he's going to relapse secondary to being drugged by Deimos, but confesses he made a mistake, but it was nothing, woke up next to Nicole (but no details, per Roman), and Nicole will never tell Brady. It meant nothing.

Brady and Nicole are in the park with a stroller that supposedly contains Tate, who fell asleep during a parade. Nicole can't bear the thought of Holly with strangers, though Maggie reports the family is kind. Nicole does not want to talk about the drugging. They talk about Deimos's murder, and how she didn't love Deimos, but they did feel united against the world. Brady says they are working, nothing and nobody will ever get between us again. They are going to stay in the square until Tate wakes up (he's in a stroller far too young for him). She is cloudy, he wants to get her checked out, she refuses. She flashes back to waking up with Eric, says the memories are buried forever.

Replay of Chad entering TBD as Abigail and Dario are starting their vows. Chad is shocked, the ink on their divorce papers isn't even dry and she's marrying again? Gabi comes in, what's going on? Chad accuses Abby of being manipulated, which of course makes Abby furious; Gabi doesn't understand why they're doing things the way they are. The scenes are incredibly irritating but the upshot is Gabi stays to take pictures and Chad stays to be a witness.

Steve kisses Kayla as she and Tripp arrive. Steve is making a ton of food, two burgers and three hot dogs per person, LOL. Kayla considers teaching Tripp how to make apple pie, it was a disaster with Stephanie and Joey has no interest. Tripp agrees and they exeunt. Later, Tripp is peeling apples, and Joey tells him that being a Johnson-Brady clan member means lots of traditions. Tripp laments that Ava (whom he annoyingly calls "my mom") wasn't a holiday person, Joey says don't mention her especially on a holiday. He reveals how Ava deceived him and tried to kill Steve/Kayla. Joey defends Steve's killing Ava to Tripp by saying it was "kill or be killed." Tripp feels everyone's holding out on him. There's nothing more to say, Joey deflects. Tripp goes back to peeling apples, Joey welcomes him to the family. Steve watches.

In the Square, Brady and Nicole fight about what to put ketchup on (Nicole sides with hot dogs, Brady thinks just fries) when Eric arrives. Nicole bolts, Brady wants to talk, Eric slips about "what happened" and not wanting secrets, but of course Brady is clueless. Eric stumbles, thought Brady knew, bla bla, nothing advances on this point. Nicole comes up, shoots Eric dirty looks, things are blurry but she does remember that she "was confused and I stumbled into Eric's room." The next thing she remembers is waking up with him. They were fully clothed, they just passed out - they are explaining rapidly, but Brady understands all. He trusts them both. Tate starts to cry (sounds like a squeaky toy or a newborn, not a 27-month-old).

At TBD, Abby and Dario are doing vows, Abby chokes, stops, says she doesn't want to do formal vows. They restart, Dario says his, Abby chokes through hers. Chad fantasizes about stopping the wedding, but doesn't. They are married. Later (Abe is gone, see above), Dario brings the certificate to Chad, twists the knife, Chad orders him to stay away from Thomas. Abby intervenes, why did Chad even come here? Chad says he had something to say, but no point now, leaves. Later, melancholy music plays as Abby surveys her ring, Gabi congratulates her, they are now sisters-in-law. Abby leaves to tell her mom. Dario and Gabi talk about the rush.

At the Pub, Roman is helping Steve bring the food in. Steve asks him to work as a consultant for Black/Patch, even though he's so busy running the pub since Caroline's in LA. Roman can't make a decision on an empty stomach, so they eat. The boys, Abe, and Kayla enter, too. Later, they've eaten, Kayla's pie was fabulous, they joke about Tripp being a baker instead of a doctor, LOL. Tripp runs out to take a call from Jade. He's having second thoughts about the scheme, ruining Kayla's life will hurt Joey and Tripp and he likes the way the family is treating him. He wants to call it off (I'm not buying Jade as a kingpin, and I'm sorry, but this is a cheap way for him to grow a conscious). Later Steve's about to give Tripp a talk about grilling when they learn Kayla is being summoned to Seth's office at the hospital.

At the K-Mansion, Brady has business with someone in the UK (where he reminds Nicole it is not a holiday). She apologizes for what happened with Eric. Tate and Brady are her family, she would never mess it up.

Abby and Dario dance at TBD, post a pic for immigration. They toast, and he lays it on thick.

At the DiMansion, Gabi apologizes for what happened, feels bad for Chad. He says it just confirmed what he already knew, Abby is his past. They decide to grab the kids, go out and eat and play with sparklers.

Dear Writers:

I can see you tweaking Tripp. I hear you rewriting the Deimos/Nicole disaster. Don't bother. Just drop them, kill them, and move on.

Elsewhere:

Too little, too late for Chad. This story is awful. He and Abby have ALWAYS been the couple. How long until Dario's idiotic scam is exposed and he's imprisoned as the abusive slime he is? Also - I hope Rafe breaks up Dario's marriage scam. I can't believe he hasn't talked to Mami lately.

Thank you, Jason.

This one was awful except for the Johnson family "picnic".

I'm so sick of Dario and Jade ! They both need to be gone from Salem. I don't care if they're run out of town or killed off. Just get rid of them.

Brady/Nicole and Chad/Gabi are getting on my nerves. Their relationships seem forced to me.

At least Tripp is getting a clue.

A year ago, we had the possible serial arsonist; Shawn-D and Rafe talking about Hope & Aiden at the hideaway; Hope flashing back to the Aiden-double's attempt to murder her; Abby's disappearance being impartially investigated by the plainclothesed JJ; and André planting a trap for Rafe, Hope, and Aiden.

Two years ago, we had Sonny apologizing to Will for rushing him into marriage (two years on and I'm still barfing at that line). Serena smashing the elephant, and non-stop worship of Dr Daniel Jonas.

So folks, my point is, today was a pretty good episode (and the only one of the three that seemed to acknowledge/be planned for the 4th of July). LOL

This one was awful except for the Johnson family "picnic".
I could weather anything if Steve/Kayla are united and together. I hope this is a trend that continues. Tripp is almost tolerable with them, I might buy a 180 if he fesses up and Kayla gets in NO trouble (other than a talking-to by her IT department). I also think Anne needs to be back at the hospital HR, someone didn't vet the observer very well.

I'm so sick of Dario and Jade ! They both need to be gone from Salem.
Here's a pitch: They fall in Taylor-EJ-esque insta-love, smell each others scarves, then leave town together. In two years, their troubled teen child, Onyx Hernandez, can come to town and wreak havoc and vie for the affections of Tate Black against Addie Hernandez.

O.K. Big hug for my hero, JasonD, as this entire things sounds disasterville, except for the Pub July 4th stuff. Thank you for saving my sanity today.

How very sad this fake wedding could not have been excised out of the scripts. Why would Tripp even begin to do what Jade is urging. What is she going to do if he doesn't? Squeal on him? Her word, one of a know constant liar, against his? Besides, he can say o.k., but then not do anything, what would she know. He has already altered a file for a patient who died, (after the fact) making it appear Kayla ordered wrong med dosage.
Then did it big time for Hope, and if she had died, that would have been on him. He is playing a dangerous game.

Too bad Abby could not listen to her common sense and heart, instead of the sleaze manipulator Dario. Same goes for Chad. this truly is awful, just awful. Shame on Higley!

Dario always had been slime in the ice machine.

NuAbby is annoying and unworthy of my time and energy.

Please bring our beloved Chad back. Don't believe Gabi is for him but neither is Abby. Just write him a whole new story that doesn't involve either woman. While I like Gabi she seems to fit better with JJ.

Nicole with Eric? Not so much but they could end up civil.

Tripp should refer to Ava as his mother. Mom is too personal a relationship that never happened. He has a college degree but his is letting dimwit, vengeful Jade be his conscience. Unfortunately this reminds me of recent headlines where a young woman convinced a "friend" to end his life and wanted sympathy. Jade, just go away. No one likes you. The writers made sure of that.

Is there a barber in Salem? I would like to make an appointment for Sonny and Eric. If they also do shaves, Brady and Dario.

Is there a barber in Salem? I would like to make an appointment for Sonny and Eric.
And Joey.
He trusts them both. Tate starts to cry (sounds like a squeaky toy or a newborn, not a 27-month-old).
So annoying that they use that newborn snuffling sound for all of the Salem tykes now.

Line of the day goes to Abigail for saying that there was "nothing to understand" about her "marriage" to slimy Dario. She's right, this shabby sham is utterly incomprehensible. The dumbest statement of the day was Gabi saying, "they're in love." Really? Even by Salem's standards, this marriage of convenience was scraping the bottom of the matrimonial barrel. Event of the day was Steve's version of Bo Brady's old Fourth-Fest. Couldn't TPTB have juiced it up with the traditional presence of Doug in his Uncle Sam suit and added some extras to happily chow down on Steve's festive fare? Finally, could the grim-faced practitioner of self-flagellation, Eric Brady, please lighten up? How long will the professional sad sack continue to make the molehill of his drug-induced snooze with Nicole into a towering mountain?

Last edited:
LOL, in an interview, Billy Flynn (Chad) indicated he thought the Ciara crush thing was rather inane.

@kt.....I was just thinking of someone having a recording device in church. While some little ones never utter a sound, others let out wails galore. As you said, there are plenty places to be with a recorder and get realistic crying from a 1-2-3 yr. old.

I hate that on Days, the kids are in strollers, buggies, cribs til they are 5 or 6, and then they disappear to day care, camp, etc.

I am glad Abby found it difficult to say whatever vows she had to say, glad she turned her face away when Dario tried to kiss her, so he only caught the corner of her lips.

But am going to hate the times still coming, when Dario is probably going to attempt to bed her. Ugh.

As I recall he was born in March 2015, but I'd have to double check. If the show doesn't care, why should we? LOL

I'm sure some Days fan would be happy to donate appropriate sized strollers for the kids, lol. How much could one cost at a second hand store? :rolleyes:
Back in the old days, they used to get a store to donate one, then they'd say, "Stroller by Joe's Baby Goods" in the credits. Everyone was happy.

Back in the really old times, on the Andy Griffith show, every year some car dealer gave the show a brand new car to be the "squad" car. Never charged the show a dime, it was probably in the credits, but I am betting that dealer's generosity resulted in a lot of cast & crew buying their vehicles from him. LOL

Funny how when you watch old shows, folks there are using various products shown sitting on a table, a bar, a counter, no mention, but the name is clear to see. Characters will say get me a Pepsi, or just a 7-up please.

Now they just cannot make a product placement seem natural.

Am still grateful to Jason for doing the show today. I did not even watch the 1st half hour, the 2nd just had me grateful I was not writing as I knew I would be unable to "just the facts" writing. Bless you, Jason!

Back