Days of Our Lives - Tue., July 4, 2017

Thanks for the summary. I give them an A for effort as well, for at least acknowledging Independence Day. Days, in the past few years, hasn't been acknowledging holidays. But yes, Steve barbecuing outside the Pub is silly. I'm also sick and tired of the Tripp/Jade stuff. Glad Tripp is waking up, though. Hopefully he will go the way of JJ--from annoying bad boy to a good-hearted Salemite.

I like Brady & Nicole as a couple, but their scenes today with the reverse-SORAS Tate and Eric were boring. I actually wish we got to see the fallout of Claire and Theo from the other day instead.

Gabi is clueless if she thinks Abigail is already over Chad and in love with her brother. Jeez. That storyline is also a farce. Still, love that Chad's ready to move on with Gabi. Abigail's constant martyr attitude might surpass how annoying her mother was from 2011-2013.

Yes, they would certainly have to pay an infant/actor even if it's just a recording. But many of the baby noises sound like an adult voice actor anyway, so I don't think they're saving much. (Today's effects sounded like one of those 1980s baby toys, so that would be a savings.) But we're at the point where it's plum ridiculous that they're not even bothering to try to make it sound like a TWO YEAR OLD. The cost-cutting has gone too far.

I prefer the "twins are upstairs" or "with the nanny" to the ridiculous omnipresent stroller with bad sound effects. It makes the show look cheap - which if the writing was good we could handle. But it's not.

Have noticed a lot of (looking for an adjective)... careful kissing on tv. Can't really blame the actors, with all the things going around. :eek: And, I imagine spouses are also weighing-in.

Back