Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 25, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Hard to believe this is sweeps month, as tho we see many characters, the scenes seem to drag. But we do hop around Salem today. Replay of Maggie walking in on Victor & Xander, saying Will did not cause the accident, did he? She tells of remembering, lots of flashbacks as she goes on, Victor denying, etc. She tells him to be quiet, addresses Xander, knowing he cares so much for Sarah, and Mickey. She remembers him being there, looking for Sarah, Victor is constantly interrupting, she ignores him. Xander tries to tell her she is not having a memory, but a dream. Maggie doesn't buy it, Victor insists she never left the house, she knows better, wants the truth. And finally, finally, Xander admits it is. Maggie is horrified, they let an innocent man go to prison.

Sonny goes to see Evan, tells him what Gabi did, is in jail, offered a plea deal which she is probably going to take. Sonny will now be Ari's only parent, he doesn't know how to tell her. Evan offers to help any way he can, then shows Sonny a scrapbook of pictures of Jordan when she came to Salem. He did it at Rafe's request, so when time comes, & they tell David about his mother, he can have something to remember her by.

Valerie sits with a hungover Eli, who evidently got drunk last night. She is trying to convince him that Lani is a heroine, Gabi the villain. He is upset because he never realized what Gabi was up to, despite being in FBI, Salem cop, & Commissioner. Val tells him he was proud, and as the saying goes, Pride goeth before a fall. He just cannot understand why Lani did not tell him, come to him, they could have figured out how to deal with Gabi. Julie joins them, more of the same. Lani saved Julie's life, They berate Gabi, praise Lani, etc. etc. urging Eli to go see Lani.

Meanwhile, Lani gets a visit from her upset father, who cannot believe she went thru an entire year, and never asked for his help. She did not have to do this all alone. She explains, he protests, makes her promise never to do something like this again.

And then we have Gabi, holding her bone marrow for ransom, refusing to give any to save a baby, unless the parents arrange for charges to be dropped. They are floored, how to do that, she says she is sure they will figure it out. (sorry, but I so disliked these scenes, I just cannot describe her actions & attitude.) Sarah actually starts to attack Gabi, Eric holding her back, finally getting her out of the room. Gabi watches them thru the window (boy, no guards around, amazing). Eric goes to talk to the D.A. who refuses to even consider the idea. Eric holds the tearful Sarah. Gabi, watching, mutters, sorry, Mickey.

Evan has questioned Sonny about Will filing divorce papers, Sonny explains about them being confiscated after Ben's escape, Evan cannot wait for divorce to become final. Sonny leaves, Evan opens letter to Rafe, reads aloud the court asking him 2nd time about the background check on Evan Frears. He crumples it up, calls someone, says he is in trouble, needs help.

Val & Julie drinking wine, toasting to justice, Abe arrives, is asked to join. He says he saw Lani, but just left D.A. Office, Gabi turned down plea deal, is afraid she is up to something.

Lani answers a knock on her door, opens it...Eli is standing there.

Maggie is nearly hysterical, sitting on the sofa, realizing it was her. Victor is telling that Will knows, just found out, is willing to stay in jail, tell no one. Victor is saying no one will find out Will did not kill Adrienne. Sonny walks in.......what?? then who?

I know I'm a broken record, but I absolutely HATE what the writers have done to the Gabi character. There's no way the Gabi they built for years would hold a baby's life for ransom like this. Her early misdeeds stemmed from her hurt and the situation with Nick, etc. Now, she's just evil.

Thank you, Poirot.

I agree that Gabi is just pure evil now.

My heart is breaking for Maggie. We've said right along that she would never ever want Will to be blamed for something that she did.

What a way for Sonny to find out that Will is innocent. I can't believe that the Salem Cone of Silence didn't work from a few feet away! Maybe it is just worn out after being in constant use for so many years.

They have made Gabi just too bad to be forgiven. There are just too many awful things she has done. And she gets away with it all. Just like Kate. Never pays for her misdeeds. I'm glad the DA is saying no, but I'm sure she will still get out of it.

I still don't think that Maggie caused the accident. Makes no sense she should have been going the same direction.

Evan's bad is finally coming out. But who is he calling?

They should have learned from all this time they have been trying to redeem Ben after being the necktie killer. There are lots of discussion boards where they hate him and can't get over that "little thing," even though he is "all better now." They are doing the same thing to Gabi - she is beyond redeemable at this point and since she is a favorite of the writer (or his dad), she won't get fired, so what the heck are they going to do with her now?

I really hate what Days does to babies! We have a very sick baby who was switched at birth with a baby that passed away. Now that baby is being raised by parents of the dead child. Sarah and Eric are raising a child that could very well die and their real child died shortly after birth. We also have evil Gabi whining about losing her daughter but refusing to help a desperately ill child. I can't even imagine if the worst happens and Mickey does not survive and Sarah finds out about the switch. Enough is Enough! Let's leave the children alone! The real evildoers are the ones who should suffer for their crimes, not the innocent children.

OK.. Rant over! Thanks for listening!

They need to tell Victor about Gabi's demand. He'd broker a dirty deal with the DA to allow Gabi to walk out, have the procedure to donate her bone marrow, then thrown into prison before she comes out of the anesthetic.

They need to tell Victor about Gabi's demand. He'd broker a dirty deal with the DA to allow Gabi to walk out, have the procedure to donate her bone marrow, then thrown into prison before she comes out of the anesthetic.
Based on what viewers have seen so far of tough-as-nails D.A. James Giddens, the best he'd do for Gaba-Gaba is something like this:
  • Help the baby and you can be eligible to apply for parole in six to eight years.
  • Don't help the baby and I'm going to ask the judge to sentence you to twenty-five-to-life.
On other subjects, here are a few comments.

Where's the beef?: Maggie can wail all she wants to about causing Adrienne's death, but by this time there's absolutely no proof of this. It couldn't even be established that her car was at the scene. Besides, as Xander noted, the case has been decided, meaning that Salem's very own legal grinch, D.A. James Giddens, will hang onto Will's conviction like grim death.

What happened to all the good women?: Pity poor Eli. The number of eligible women in Salem is so low that he really had no choice but to cave to all the pro-Lani cheerleaders and go back to her. Anywhere but Salem, Eli would be swarmed by hordes of hotties at the local bars and clubs.

Know your audience: Sourpuss Eric and bigmouth Sarah should have known better than to appeal to common decency when asking Gabi to help Baby Mickey. Threats or bribes probably would have been more effective.

Dr. B..........I love the "deal" Giddens could/should offer Gabi. However, if Gabi manages somehow to wiggle out of these charges...I hope her business fails, she is a pariah among the Salemites, and ends up homeless.

[Just an aside tidbit about D.A. Giddens........Seems Carlivati named the character after a fellow who wrote a column for a soap mag or website (Daytime Confidential).........Jamey Giddens, who left that job to write a soap, I think it is called Ambitions, streaming, & Jayme named one of his female characters, Karen Carlivati. Anyone's guess who was first. Giddens may have originally had a different name, but then it got changed......who knows? LOL]

I do hope the doctors are continuing to look for donors! They did say that the next step after finding a match would be to check with that potential donor to see if they were willing. Presumably that means they DO NOT stop searching just because one potential donor has been found!!!!!!

Back