Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 2, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Tripp is helping Jade pack up another box of her stuff, she wonders if he is regretting inviting her to move in, he says no. Seems he is bothered by something Jade said, about Steve "protecting his family" when he killed Ava, but that doesn't seem right since Steve said it was on ISA orders. Jade covers, citing how Ava had done bad things to Steve's family. That was all she meant.

Meanwhile, Joey sits with his dad in the park, talking of things not going well between Steve & Tripp. Joey gets very upset, Steve is taking all this over something Joey did, the guilt is killing him, he has to fess up. (These are really good scenes). Steve blames himself (both men in near tears, very emotional) for bringing Ava back into their lives, he knew what she was capable of, should have taken care of it long before, Joey should never have been in that hospital room. He should never have even met Ava. It is on Steve, let him take the punishment, it is o.k. His arm is around Joey, they evidently come to an understanding about it all.

Abby is in the square, pushing the buggy with Thomas, on her way to work. Jen comes by, they chat, Jen ends up wanting to take Thomas for the morning, will deliver him over to Chad at noon, as Abby was supposed to do. Abby hurries off, and at the cop shop, seems to be busy with folders, files, bustling around. JJ spots her, wishes her well, mentions wanting to keep an eye on Lani, Abby warns him to stay safe since no one knows what he is doing. Seems he put a tracking ap on Lani's phone, & also has a listening device for it.

Earlier, Lani was on phone with Snake, made arrangements to see him, called Raines to tell him. Raines decides to have her wear a wire, get her hooker outfit on, and he will listen in, back her up. JJ doesn't know this, only suspects Lani is still working on the Snake case. Raines tells Lani to get Snake to admit he gave her the Halo, they will have him.

Chad gets off the phone, tells Kate it was Grigor, and they have info about a valuable antiquity that Deimos is after. An amulet worn by Ramses, that is supposed to be cursed, citing tragic deaths, illnesses, etc. that befell those who owned it subsequently. The last owner buried it because of all the bad stuff. but now it is dug up, on it's way to Kiriakis in Greece. Kate is delighted, smirks, doesn't believe in curses. They mention Andre would be hesitant, but he is off climbing Machu Picchu, so won't be able to get info from his contacts up there.

Steve runs into Jen, he comments on the baby, they talk, she asks how things are going with Tripp, Steve admits not well. They do have a nice talk, she thinks all will work out eventually.

Jen brings Thomas to the DiMera home, Chad was expecting Abby, Jen explains how she jumped in, as Abby was on her way to work. Thus Chad learns Abby has a job in the P.D., Jen tells him she is confident that Abby & Chad will be back together, just give her the time and space to figure out her own life, her independence, etc.

Tripp shows up at the cop shop, asking Abby who he would talk to about an old murder case. When he mentions Ava Vitali, she asks if he is Tripp, introduces herself as his cousin, Abigail, citing that her father was Steve's brother. She goes to get the file, makes a copy for him, he glances thru it, notes it says Steve was arrested at the scene, Ava's hospital bed. Why was she in hospital. Abby explains that Kayla found Ava with a syringe in her arm, brought her to the hospital, saved her life. Ava was trying to commit suicide. Tripp ponders.

Joey comes home to find Jade waiting for him, wanted to return the key. She is sorry it has taken her so long to get all her things, she kept finding more. They talk of Tripp, she is promising not to say anything, but admits slipping up, telling how. She figures all will be o.k. She won't say anything, and in fact will make sure Tripp doesn't get any clues either, so it is good she will be there.

Abby comes to see Chad, brought Thomas's stuffed toy (Mr. Bailey) which she forgot to give to her mom. Chad apologizes for his behavior yesterday, tells her that he loves her, only her, with all his heart, and is willing to give her all the time and space she needs to do what she has to do for herself. He will be there waiting. But meanwhile, we do have to find a better way to communicate, especially for Thomas's sake. She agrees.

Lani is with Snake.....and both Raines & JJ are listening to all that is going on, separately. Lani is all ready to go to work, Snake happy she is so enthusiastic, but she wants to know what happened. He tries to put her off, she is fine now, isn't she? But she nicely figures that a couple sips of the champagne was all she took, and then she finds her self running with clothes torn, bruises, etc.

Snake is reluctant, but finally admits he spiked her drink with a bit of candy, giving her a little bag, indicating she is to use this on her customers. She wants to talk to the other girls (they are evidently talking money), the conversation is rather round about, there are constant shots of Raines & JJ listening.

But then Snake gets suspicious, attacks Lani, finds the wire. Now he is insisting she take that Halo candy now. And before it was only one, now it will be three. He is holding a gun on her, accusing her of being a cop. He throws the wire across the room, tells her to take the 3 pieces now. Raines is already calling for backup to the Salem Inn NOW, JJ is rushing out of the park.

Lani says if I take 3, I will overdose. Snake grins.....that is the idea.

I liked Jennifer and Steve's little chat in the square with Thomas.

For some reason, Kate reminded of Coraline from the animated kiddie movie today:

latest
coraline_jones_coraline-t1.jpg

I really hate that Tripp is now going to be convinced that Kayla really killed Ava. He hears Steve talking to Kayla on phone about bringing her a latte, saying no, no trouble, you know I'd do anything for you, I love you........and bingo! He already suspected that maybe Steve was covering.
Gad, I truly hate it all.

What the heck is Abby on? I hope the writing isn't geared at making us feel sorry for this nit-wit. This gal has passed her mother's self-centeredness by a mile. What a total waste of scripting.

Thanks for the summary. I enjoyed seeing Patch and Jennifer talk as well, and I did like that the Lani investigation thing seems to be moving along rather nicely. That's probably the end of where the show interested me. This is just not so exciting for Sweeps period. Abigail is getting on my last nerve, and so is Chad for not giving her room! Hopefully after his chat with Jennifer today, that'll begin to change.

I'm over Tripp/Jade/Joey.

Chad mourned beyond all for Abigail. This is not the Abigail we loved with Chad. While the actress is doing what she can with the material, the chemistry isn't working. Dario and Abby have more chemistry. Chad and Gabi have more chemistry. Writing and more poor writing has destroyed this couple. Zzzzzz.

Last edited:
The thing is....when Abby was played by a different actress, she was given great material, and so was Chad. Cannot remember her even ever talking with Dario.

So we get a recast, along with a different headwriter, who immediately separates the man and wife, throwing him at another woman, and having her hide. Can you imagine how different it would have been if Chad knew right away that his wife was not dead?

Then the headwriter tries to make a huge love thing out of a bit of lust. Give me a break. And then, to had insult to injury, Abby, who always went after whatever she wanted gung ho, who stood up to and protected herself and loved ones from an unbalanced maniac, now is unsure of her husband, convinces herself that he is better off without her, refuses to accept what anyone else is telling her.

I think Marci Miller (Abby) and Billy Flynn (Chad) both deserved better writing, better story, but then I just cannot help but be convinced that the entire show was being sandbagged on purpose.

just a few comments.

Lani: Creepy Snake figured out she was a cop in a Salem second? (Does this mean a blessedly quick end to the dumb prostitution plot?) Lani should really get out of undercover work since she's clearly not very good at it. Raines should immediately reassign her to Granny Hope's desk squad where she could be tortured all day by receptionist Abigail's endless blathering about why she had to leave Chad. (Why should the viewers be the only ones who have to endure this nonsense?)

Quinn Hudson: This slimeball would be scratching his head over why the Salem P.D. is investigating Snake. After all, if memory serves, his prostitution ring was never investigated. Instead, he was able to open a day spa where he could socialize with the likes of the Love Doctor.

Chad: He now wants to get a stolen Egyptian amulet that's said to be cursed? Does this mean that at some point they'll be an episode in which Chad meets an angry mummy?

Andre: So he's now visiting Machu Picchu. Is he trying to develop contacts so that DiMera Enterprises can also traffic in stolen Incan artifacts? That way, in addition to angry mummies,Salem can be plagued with visits by the spirits of irate Incan high priests. (Giving Roman an excuse to say "What da hell?")

The saga of Ramses IV's amulet: In the late seventies-to-early eighties Steve Martin released a comedy album on which he performed the song "King Tut" and I kept hearing that song the whole time Chad was telling Kate the tale. I remember hearing that misfortune befell those who disturbed the tomb of the boy king. I'm sure that is the inspiration for this story. Also I was struck by the fact that The Mummy starring Tom Cruise opens in about a month. Coincidence? Probably not.

Even though sci-fi and daytime drama go together like peanut butter and caviar soaps always seem to want to that well for some reason. "Guiding Light" did a clone of Reva Shayne story. "One Life to Live": told the tale of an underground hidden city in the eighties and of course "General Hospital" had the "Ice Princess" saga which is considered kind of a classic. Will this amulet yarn be in that league? Probably not but then again stranger things have happened.

Lani: I kept thinking how they tried to make her out to be this seasoned detective last week with her argument with JJ, her pointing out she outranks him etc., and then they have her make the most predictable rookie mistake. I know that it's a trope of the genre that whenever a character goes undercover that his/her cover is inevitably gets blown but couldn't they have at least tried to do it in a way that doesn't undermine Lani's credibility? "sigh"

Tripp: I like him and I see a lot of potential here but I'm really not feeling this story. I get that it would be upsetting to meet your biological father and find out he killed your mother. But he didn't know the woman. So this all consuming zeal he seems to have to get justice for her seems overblown especially with everything he's finding out about her. I'm just not buying it.

I actually liked this episode up until Snake slapped Lani. Just NO!!! That said I did like Lani and Raines and I liked that he was her backup. JJ came off as ridiculous. Isn't she his superior?

I'm not understanding Abby's purpose at the police station. We don't need her meddling in JJ's cases nor should he have been giving her case details. This is just lazy writing in my opinion. I did like her with Jen and Chad though.

Loved the Jen/Steve/Thomas scene and was pleasantly surprised it lasted a few scenes.

Loved Abby introducing herself to Tripp and explaining how they were cousins. As far fetched as it is, I appreciated Abby explaining why it was ok for her to share police files on Ava.

Steve/Joey were ok too. As were Jen/Chad.

I also liked how characters knew about other characters' lives. Do they send out a Johnson family email blast once a month with details on who has been murdered and who has broken up?

What tv show was Dena watching to come up with this riveting cursed amulet idea? Was it Sofia the First? The Brady Bunch?

So, Chad wants to get the amulet even though it's cursed. He and Kate want to make
money for the DiMeras. Will it instead have them lose it all?

Did anyone notice Mr Bailey (rabbit) in the stroller when Steve and Jen were talking?
How did Abby get it and take it to Chad?

Jade admitted to Joey she tripped over her tongue when she talked to Tripp.

Today was Abby's first day on the job. Did she really have authority to give a copy
of Ava's files to Tripp? She's working at the Salem PD now, maybe so.

Who will get to Lani first to save the day? Raines or JJ? And will Raines ever get
a first name besides commissioner :)

Family connections!! Bonus point.

Tripp's Dork Quest: Minus point.

No Hope Rafe!!! Bonus point.

Snake decides to kill a cop he knows was wearing a wire: Minus 10 points for not-even-in-Salem stupidity.

Steve's never-ending devotion to his murdering dope of a son!!! Bonus point.

JJ bugging his almost-girlfriend and superior officer: Minus 30 points.

Net: When does the new headwriter start?

Back