Days of our Lives - Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Since Hope is now among the unemployed, she wasn't on the job at that point.

She failed at her job as a grandmother though.

Completely and totally disgusting. I hate to agree with the Rafe-haters on twitter, but this isn't quality.

I have more issue with Carrie on this one. To your point, this sounds like standard marital issues. Nothing extreme. Sadly we've seen Carrie play this game multiple times before.

So Noah is already doing homework? Didn't take long for him to make the leap!

Noah should be almost 7 years old. He should have homework.

First off, great summary TheWriter thank you!

Carrie/Rafe: These scenes didn't bother me as much as I expected them to but Carrie's excuse was ridiculous. Since they made a point of saying separated and not divorced, my guess is she will sleep with Rafe, then reconcile with Austin, and then get pregnant with Rafe's baby. The story that Sami and Rafe should have had last year.

JJ/Haley: I never thought I'd say this but yes let's bring Paige back. Or get Gabi away from Zero.

Eve/Jack: Absolutely horrific

Claire etc: Why does Hope the former police commissioner need Ben to break down a door for her? Also, why was Marlena standing in the background in those cabin scenes while Hope and Ben did all the talking? I cannot even describe how infuriating it was watching Hope pat her granddaughter on the head. She should have hugged her briefly and then went over to Ciara. Ben was already untying her. I've waited 4 years for Claire to have meaningful scenes with her grandmothers and this show still manages to screw it up.

I needed a Samantha Evans reference. Instead Marlena is comparing Claire to Ben.

Shawn: I liked everything about his reactions today. On point. Why isn't he on this show full time again? I did like that Hope was comforting him at the end. Nice that she remembered she has more than one kid.

I did think it was weird that Shawn didn't go after Claire so I'm going to guess and hope that a scene was cut where Marlena called him to tell him they were on the way.

Where is John???

Please let tomorrow be a new day. I'm beyond sick of the wardrobe.

I needed a Samantha Evans reference. Instead Marlena is comparing Claire to Ben.
They really should have Marlena tell Claire about Samantha and all the bad things she did, but that she got help and returned to Salem as a loving sister to Marlena. And that she was welcomed back into the fold with open arms.

Thanks for the summary. Great job!

LizaKinAZ - I don't know the answer about the lighter, but I wondered why no one blew out the flame. Seems like that would work.

Hope's over the top reaction to her precious "Baby" was way too much and I felt so sorry for Claire. Even when Hope's plea to Claire is that since she loves her (Hope) so much, she would never take Ciara away from her. How selfish!

Me too! Hope should have hugged Claire - at the very least! After all as RosesRYellow said, Ciara was unharmed and Claire was in full meltdown mode.
I will be cheering when Eve goes DOWN! I'd be even happier if she just leaves!

I think Marlena came through with flying colors. She nailed it!

Good point - that would have been even better than what I thought was good!

Just Samantha - you said it beautifully!

Last edited by a moderator:
While I know the story, I never saw it! (and never saw Wayne Northrup as Roman). Am guessing only there are perhaps more viewers like me now, than who have watched from Day 1........(and I absolutely LOVE that so many are here on the Spectator), thus the show has not mentioned her.
That said, I do think it is wise (& Days does it sometimes) to mention history at times. ) Who knows, maybe it will still come up.

Back