Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 13, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Ciara & Ben wake up, talk of their engagement, how happy they are, etc. etc. She plans to go tell her mom in person, he has to go to work, worries her mom will be against them marrying. Ciara doesn't think she will object, but doesn't care if she does, they love each other, are happy, and decide to hit the shower together.

Ciara is with her mom, tells her how Ben proposed, Hope says it took a lot of planning. Ciara is happy, knows the ring is just a washer, but it came from Dad's bike, she loves it more than a diamond. Hope says that she really cannot forget what Ben did......but she will always remember that Ben saved her life. Will never forget that. She wants to take the couple to lunch to celebrate.

Jack, Jen & Chad are at the cop shop, Chad giving Rafe a hard time about not finding Abigail. Rafe talks of other cases, Chad loses it, is yelling how he doesn't care, Rafe gets a call, has to go check on something, Jen tells Jack to go with him, she tries to calm Chad down. He realizes he lost it, but is so worried about Abby missing.

At DiMansion, Abby is in the study, asks Stefano's portrait what he is looking at. Hears something, it is Kate coming in with a tea tray. Abby has hidden behind the sofa, Abe comes in (no, not the slightest idea why either of them are there). Abby hallucinates, Kate turns into Gabi, putting poison into the tea. She jumps out, attacking Kate, trying to make Abe realize Gabi is trying to poison him. Abe tries to tell her who he is, she is not accepting it. Kate calls Chad, he, Jen & Jack rush to DiMansion. All are concerned. She goes to Chad, he does calm her down, makes her realize it was her imagination. He is taking her back to the hospital, Jack & Jen go with. Kate leaves, Abe stands, struggling with what he just witnessed.

Jake is mopping the floor, remembering Gabi tripping and falling, he laughs. Ben comes in, is late, he explains getting engaged, they yak about it, with Ben explaining why Hope might not approve (we don't see him telling the tale). Jake agrees Ben does have skeletons in his closet. Ben gets call, Hope wants to take them to lunch, he asks, Jake agrees to let him go (despite being late).

Gabi is visiting Rolf in prison, demanding he tell her if he brought Stefan back, after telling her he could not. Rolf reminds her she gave his heart away to a saloon keeper with a singing husband (LOL) so he could not. She goes on about Jake working in garage, spitting image of Stefan, admits he denies being Stefan. Rolf asks if she ever lost her memory, no. So he asks her to remember Will Horton when he came back, Jack Deveraux........how did they get their memories back? She starts to say “the serum” he roars......MY serum! Says he has a stash of it still, she promises to get him off work detail, and out of prison for it. He evidently explains, she happily leaves, wish me luck. He chuckles....you are going to need it.

Hope, Ben & Ciara sit at a table, wine glasses in hand, this is nice. Hope makes a toast to a long and happy life for you both as husband and wife. Clink. Sip.

Chad & Abby at hospital, Marlena will soon be there, will know what to do. Jack & Jen rush in, Abby looks at them, hallucinates seeing Gabi, Jake, & Ben......but says nothing.

Gabi is filling a hypo, covers it, put it in her purse, and next is walking into the garage where Jake is working on a car. He turns, exasperated sigh......what are you doing here?

Ciara and Ben are cute but a little much. Hope is still off. I'm not sure if she's still Gina but you can tell she is planning something for Ben and Ciara and it's not a wedding.

I still think Chad is off and he's the one drugging Abigail who seems to be looney tunes. Where does Chad get off screaming at Rafe like that? The police commissioner should be out looking for Abigail?

Ben and Jake were kinda funny for when Ben told him he was a serial killer. But now is he or isn't he? I don't know what I want. But yeah, Gabi even getting to see Rolf was hysterical. I'm sure she's just ask Rafe to get Rolf out.

While I think many of us like reformed Ben and his romance with Ciara (when they're actually out of bed), in reality, I'd have a huge problem with my child getting involved with and engaged to someone who killed multiple people.

Ben explains to Jake he has an imbalance in something or other, but it is now corrected with meds.
Gabi figures she knows the prison system, and "knows" people, so Rolf would be off work detail, but assures him that she make sure a certain prisoner doesn't wind up dead in the morning. Then asks him if he would be able to bring himself back to life if he is dead.
As to Hope.......she does want her daughter to be happy, and is grateful Ben saved Ciara's life. Won't ever forget it.
Jake is trying to get hold of someone, because things are so crazy here. (what if it is Hope? Then again, could be Stefan's mother?)

This stuff with Gabi was weird. I though Rolf's point was going to be she had to get him out of jail first.

And did Hope say she had an idea for Ciara and Ben or was that idea going to lunch? I was doing something at the same but I thought I heard that and I was thinking she'd probably give them her engagement ring from Bo or something.

And that was Ciara's fault......Evidently while he felt it so important that he get a job, and finally did, she felt it was not all that important, even if he just started the job. More important to have another roll in the hay........:huh:

This show is so damn frustrating...... disconnected, disjointed, disturbing.......
Gabi can just waltz into a prison, guess Salem doesn't have set visiting days like other prisons
Abby wanders out of a hospital and her entire family hangs out at the local precinct which houses the commissioners office
Folks can come in late and leave early for the jobs...
Psycho women steal embryos and finally get a child after pushing a nurse down a stairwell to her death, stabs and old man and goes into hiding with no idea how to care for a child.... what size diapers, what does she eat? does she have enough medication? what will a reoccurrence of her cancer look like??

Chad: Stefano would have been appalled by Chad loudly shooting off his mouth at the police station and ripping into Rafe for not finding his batty wife. Since when do DiMeras rely on the Salem P.D. for anything? They take care of their own business.

Gabi: She says she "knows" prison? Just whom does she think she knows at a men's prison? As for her own prison experience, Gabi was hardly a knowing player while incarcerated. Instead, she was on the wrong end of repeated beatings by other inmates.

Rolf: He seems to know far more about the Stefan Zero situation than he's letting on. Could it be that Gabriella's quest to reunite with her late husband could be a case of "be careful what you wish for."

Abby: Call the men in the white coats and whisk her off to Bayview. They helped her once, maybe they can do it again. And if Abby goes back there, Jenny will have a new excuse for never visiting the newspaper that she supposedly owns.

Hope: She seems to have run up the white flag when it comes to Ben. Could it be that being turned into DiMera pawn Princess Gina and then spending all her recent time on her apology tour has taken her down few pegs.

Last edited:
Hope wants to take them to lunch, he asks, Jake agrees to let him go (despite being late).
NOT EVEN IN SALEM FOR A SERIAL KILLER WITH NO WORK HISTORY!! Gagggggh!
While I think many of us like reformed Ben and his romance with Ciara (when they're actually out of bed), in reality, I'd have a huge problem with my child getting involved with and engaged to someone who killed multiple people.
Right? And I think people don't bring up often enough how awful Ben was. Aiden, Xander, and even Jeannie T were reminded virtually non-stop about their decidedly less-egregious sins.
Ben explains to Jake he has an imbalance in something or other, but it is now corrected with meds.
I really want these miracle meds distributed to Evan/Christian, Xander, and Gus.
she felt it was not all that important
Why would she? Her dad only worked when DA PLOT demanded it, and her mom spent most of the time at her most recent job either under criminal mind control and/or trying to frame people for crimes they didn't commit. And most of Ciara's only job (aside from the nanny gig) was spent not doing her work, but rather trying to frame her boss.

Thanks, Poirot.

Ben has the typical Salem job, you go to work and don't do anything.

I laughed when Rolf described Julie and Doug as "the saloon keeper with
a singing husband".

Is there something wrong with Hope? She seemed ok about the engagement
and had champagne at lunch.

Kate wore a nice pantsuit today.

Does Gabi have Rolf's serum? Will it work? Or will Jake fake it?

That is something I never understand.....It would be so easy to compare, would it not?

Back