Friday, October 24th - here it is

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bless Norma......she got the show to me via another way, in spite of being so busy at work. Better late than never! Will be putting Monday show up Sat. a.m.

Days of Our Lives

Friday, October 24, 2008

Episode #10,940 Taped 9/29 Director Herb Stein

Bo arrives at the Pub, wanting a beer, greeting by a smart mouthing Max, who refuses to admit anything about his sister. Bo tries light conversation, doesn’t work. Max thinks Caroline will be just fine with all the Brady support she will be getting, while his sister has no one but him, is all alone. Don’t be too sure about that, sez the arriving Stephanie. She & Max have words, she tells Bo she will come down to the station, if need be, and sign a statement. She leaves, Bo tells Max he is foolish, to be mad at him, but tell Steph he is sorry. When she returns, he half-heartedly says he is sorry, kind of, she is too.

Upstairs, Melanie is coming on strong to Philip as she tries sweet talking him out of saying anything to Bo about her having that wallet, unbuttoning his shirt, and locking lips with Phil. She continues the vamping, eventually getting Philip down on the bed. He changes his mind, gets up, saying he is not sure how he would feel having slept with a killer. He has her number, is assured of her guilt, wanted to see how far she would go, & her story of being pimped out by her dad loses all credibility, after what she just tried to do with him. He gets ready to go down and turn her in.
They come downstairs, Philip asks Bo if he has his handcuffs handy, then tells of seeing Melanie with the wallet, is berated by Bo for withholding evidence. Phil wasn’t sure what it meant. Melanie still thinks it is her word against his, stalke off upstairs, intending to get out of town. Looks like Stephanie was right about her, Bo tells Max. Then tells Phil next time he gets the inclination to play Hardy boy…..curb it. Upstairs, Melanie is packing, & on phone with bus company. A note appears under the door, she opens it. “I saw you in the cemetery. I know what you did.”

Kate comes into the hospital, returning Daniel’s swim trunks, coming on to him, he says not here. Both are waiting for the lab test results. Kate does not care, if she is dying she wants him, if not she wants him, she doesn’t care. Chelsea arrives just as Daniel breaks from the kiss Kate is bestowing on him. Daniel has to leave, tells Chelsea to stay with Kate, who tries to hide the trunks. And there is Chelsea telling Kate she loves her so much, and that is why she got so mad when she learned about her and Daniel (especially after Nick & her mom). Chelsea magnanimously forgives Kate, asks her to be her grandmother again. They hug, Chelsea spots the trunks, realizes what is going on, and rakes her grandmother over the coals. Kate puts a stop to it, telling her she & Daniel were over, Chelsea made the decision, it was an adult one, and get off her case. Chelsea never wants to see her again. Cue Daniel to come in with the test results. Metastatic carcinoma

Sami is having a fit over the idea of having to go into witness protection, rants about Chloe being there, and even more so when roman says she has to leave her children behind.She is not leaving her kids with EJ and Lucas, they need her. EJ claps at her performance. He thinks she is right, and will be safe at the DiMera Mansion. Lucas tell him he should butt out, but EJ says this is about Sami & his son. Marlena has a cow, asking where in the mansion….the lair, dungeon, lab. Sami smart mouths not in the living room, her eyes are still burning from what she witnessed on the sofa there. Besides, the mayor was just shot on the doorstep there. Chloe sticks her 2cents in, Roman tells her to shut up. Everyone argues a lot. Lucas talks of protecting her children, and Sami suddenly changes her mind, shocking everyone as she agrees to go into the witness protection program. EJ is flabbergasted, but she only says Lucas convinced her, and she is going to pack. Roman has arranged with Hope to bring the babies so Sami can say good-bye.

Lucas talks to Sami privately, realizing she is doing this to buy some time to figure out what she is going to do about hiding her pregnancy from EJ. He asks if she has thought ahead. What if her dad catches the guy tomorrow..then there is no time. And what if it takes a long time. What does she do when she comes back with a baby, say she got it for a song at a yard sale, and it looks like Ej, talks like EJ. (too funny). Sami tearfully asks for his support, just needs time, begs him to keep her secret, & make sure Chloe doesn’t either. He agrees, she is very upset, tells him this is what she gets for keeping Will away from him, it is payback, karma. He worries how she will be able to see doctors, tests, etc. if she is keeping this pregnancy a secret. She worries about leaving Johnny in the DiMera house with Stefano, but Lucas will not let him influence the boy.

The children have arrived, EJ holding Johnny, Lucas with Allie. Sami holds Allie close, when Roman comes over with a photo album. She cannot take that with her, cannot take anything that would tie her to her family. She dissolves into tears, but pulls herself back together. Marlena has to leave, emergency call. They hug, Marlena will call her again. Roman & chloe take Sami’s luggage to the car, leaving her with Lucas, EJ & the twins. She is saying goodbye, kneeling on the floor, holding Allie, as Johnny touches her tummy, saying Ba – by! EJ asks , Baby??? Sami flushes and tries to collect herself.

Barb

It was worth the wait. Thanks Barb.
Sounds like a great show. I must say that I hate how Stephanie pops up everywhere. I especially hated in yesterday's show that she ignored the closed door at the police station when they were in a private questioning session and barged right in. Bo should have thrown her out immediately.

As for Philip and Melanie...see, I knew he wouldn't succumb to her. Too transparent.

Lastly, had to laugh when you wrote Sami is very upset. When isn't she? That is her normal mood.

Thanks, Barb, and to Norma for helping you out. You truly do go above and beyond! Sounds like a good show. I'll watch it in a couple of hours or so.

Okay, I'm sorry, but it just seems silly to me that little Johnny touches Sami's tummy and says, "Baby." He appears much too young to be able to make any kind of connection to know about it. So maybe she had pointed to her tummy in the park the other day and muttered something to him about a baby. ( I think something like that may have happened). But it wasn't like she pointed to her tummy repeatedly, trying to teach him to say baby, it was mentioned once in passing. I know, we have to suspend belief for a soap and I guess we each find it hard in different areas. Don't know why, but this one bugs me.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for the writeup!

Did you see the "In Memory of" at the end? I didn't tape today and my reception isn't very clear, but I think it said Reilly. Has JER passed?

I see it's already mentioned ss

Sami did sort of drill the word "baby" into him a couple of hours ago at the park. I thought it was so funny that they showed a closeup of the boy's arm when he touched Sami's obviously protuding belly.

Thanks for the recap, sounds like a good one.
I didn't think Philip would stoop to the point of sleeping with Melanie I so glad).
Geez just tell EJ and get it over with!! I don't like Lucas helping by keeping her secret. He didn't like it when it happened to him I hope he tells it soon.

Personally, I don't have a preference over whether she tells E.J. about the baby any time soon or not. I was wearied by the whole thing when they made Sami pregnant in the first place. But really, I don't have a problem with Lucas covering for her at this point. It's not as though EJ could be getting to know the baby yet, so he's not missing out on a big part of its life--yet. But about today's show specifically, I will be interested to see how Johnny's spectacular comment is followed up.

Did you see the "In Memory of" at the end? I didn't tape today and my reception isn't very clear, but I think it said Reilly. Has JER passed?

I see it's already mentioned ss

Yes, he did pass away. It was almost 2 weeks ago.

This was posted October 14, 2008:
"James E. Reilly, a sometimes controversial soap scribe who twice served as Days of Our Lives' headwriter and created the supernatural-themed Passions, passed away over the weekend, at age 60, Soap Opera Digest reports. Reilly was recovering in the hospital from cardiac surgery when he died." http://www.tvguide.com/Soaps/James-Reilly-dead-26497.aspx

Thanks for the write up. Just got time to read it before going out for supper at the parlament building. I am sorry to have missed Johnny saying baby.

I got to watch a little today and what I got to see was great. I got to see Roman tell Chloe to shut up. That was priceless!!:clap:

:rotfl: I absolutely LOVED THAT, too.

I loved it when Sami said to Chloe "Why don't you wait outside or in Alabama or something...!!"
But did you guys notice when Roman told Chloe to shut up, she humbly said "Sorry"...?? And then towards the end of the show when Sami was getting ready to leave, Chloe politely said let me help and grabbed Sami's big ole suitcase and took it out of the cabin so Sami could say her goodbyes in private.....
I loved Chloe and Nicole's reaction yesterday when Lucas hung the phone up and said "Someone tried to kill Sami", Nicole says "Tried..?" and she and Chloe look at each other and at the same time say "Damn"....!!

I caught Chloe's apology to Roman too, PAllison. Was glad to hear it.

Did you catch when Chelsea said to her grandmother that she grew up hearing all her life what an awful person Kate is? Excuse me? Grew up all her life? She's only known that she's Billie's daughter for something like 3 or 4 years. That Chelsea...she sure can stretch the truth.

I caught Chloe's apology to Roman too, PAllison. Was glad to hear it.

Did you catch when Chelsea said to her grandmother that she grew up hearing all her life what an awful person Kate is? Excuse me? Grew up all her life? She's only known that she's Billie's daughter for something like 3 or 4 years. That Chelsea...she sure can stretch the truth.

kpatch, you are so right...I didn't even think about it...guess the writers didn't either...!!!! Big error in writing.....!!

Back