02/10/17 - Donuts and Pokemon Go

Y

YPG

Good morning everyone!

I hope you have all been well.

Today is My 38th birthday and I will be alone till my youngest daughter gets home from school at six o'clock and my oldest daughter gets home from college at seven o'clock.

So my plans for the day are to take the dogs with me and go play Pokemon Go because the game is having a Valentine's promotion of more probability for pink Pokemon and any lures you set up at Pokestops will last six hours instead of thirty minutes.

If I can get to the sixth or seventh parking space on the bridge, I can reach three Pokestops at once, which will be great. Otherwise I will have to go to the cemetery to reach three Pokestops at once. For some reason there are tons of Pokestops in the cemetery.

Then when the girls get home, we are supposed to go to Outback. Their idea but it will cost me, so yay. Tomorrow we will go see Hidden Figures but at least I have gift cards that will hopefully cover that.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and I am still reading every day!

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by a moderator:
@YPG

First and foremost, Happy Birthday!

I played Pokemon Go for a long while (months), but just realized that I no longer even have it loaded on my iPhone. Co-workers and I used to get together at work and use our breaks to cruise around to 8 different Pokestops nearby. I honestly didn't know it was still going on, but wish you luck in catching them all.

@Everyone, including YPG

Have the best of weekends, one and all.

As for me, I'm delaying the bi-weekly trip from Northern VA to Ohio to see Lisa because next week is a three-day weekend for me, plus payday isn't until Monday. Been watching a lot of YouTube videos on how to tile a shower, so that's fun. Everyone has a different method, which means I've got multiple ways to turn my adventure into a sit-com style scenario. The confidence level here is overwhelming :)

Wayne

Happy Birthday, YPG. Sounds like you're going to have a great one.

a6eeb4e2b566f36d337f65b085869c10.jpg

Good morning! Happy Birthday, YPG. It's great seeing you again. I too did not know Pokemon was still around, since I haven't heard anyone mention it lately. I hope you have a good time in the cemetery. :eek: :) Outback sounds good. I don't think I've ever been to one but it sounds appealing.

Wayne, I wish you success on the tiling. I've never had the nerve to try it myself. I think you and Lisa will enjoy the subway tile. I have it in my bathroom and kitchen and I sure do like it.

We are going to reach 80* today, and 90* tomorrow! Whoa, 90, really?? I heard the "local" tv weather guy say if it does reach 90 it will set a record for this date. Then by the first of the week we'll drop back to 50s*, 40s*, and some nights in the upper 30s*, with possible rain. Never boring this time of year.

Well, the buzzards are back on my antenna. Boo! I guess they went to some lower place for the winter. Our house is on a hill and the antenna is high up so it's a perfect place for them to scan the whole area, but I imagine it's rather chilly up there in cold weather. I hope my internet doesn't start going out again.

Happy Birthday YPG, great cake, Kat!

Grey & overcast here. So, let's see now, yesterday a.m. it was 2 below zero at this time of day, (a high of 10) and today it is 21° already. We had a forecast of overnight snow, chance of icy rain, neither one appeared here so far, maybe Duluth got some, don't know. Is this weird weather or what?

Muzza....did you warm up, too?

Wayne, hard to imagine you never had to even replace a loose tile in the house you had in Alabama. Good luck. One thing I know.......takes the pros a quarter of the time it takes homeowners. LOLOL

Good Morning,

Happy Birthday YPG!

th

Wayne - Sorry I have no advice on tiling. Hope the YouTube videos are helpful and not too confusing.

OC - hope those buzzards don't cause problems for you.

Poirot - that is quite the warm up. Iit's not quite that warm here, but it's supposed to get there later this morning.

Today should be relatively quiet and uneventful for me. We're probably going to go out for dinner. I have lots of coupons for free kids meals since Gena's birthday is next week. Not sure where I'll pick though.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

We are going to reach 80* today, and 90* tomorrow! Whoa, 90, really?? I heard the "local" tv weather guy say if it does reach 90 it will set a record for this date. Then by the first of the week we'll drop back to 50s*, 40s*, and some nights in the upper 30s*, with possible rain. Never boring this time of year.
I don't call it global warming where weather is concerned as much as "global weirding". I do envy you the 90 degrees though, at least for a day or two. It's in August when I threaten to move to Canada. :)

Wayne, hard to imagine you never had to even replace a loose tile in the house you had in Alabama. Good luck. One thing I know.......takes the pros a quarter of the time it takes homeowners. LOLOL
1965 tile was apparently really resilient.

The only reason I never tried to replace the yucky pastel yellow floor tile is that I figured it'd take a jackhammer to pull up. That, and every single thing in both bathrooms was non-standard, like a 33" vanity for the sink. They make 30"s and 36"s but not 33". Since my ex-wife had pretty much destroyed one of them by half-heartedly painting it bone white without first sanding or priming it, I'd have to buy two matching vanity cabinets, or more than likely build them from scratch.

Ughh. Not really a fan of home improvement.

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
cake.PNG

Happy Birthday YPG hope you have a great day..

Wayne, my firstborn loved math. After some college, ahhh, missteps and mom pulling back the money tree, he needed to take a job. He ended up getting a job with a tile company. He had no idea how much fun he could have with his math. He loved making patterns with the tiles. Of course, none of this EVER appeared in my house.

The only thing I can say about using a wet saw, is they are messy, and need to be done outside. Depending on where you live, not something you do in late winter or early spring. I had to complete the tile job for my bathroom after the contractor took the money did the demo and then, ahh, left. As in, left. Lucky for me, Hunny Bunny knew how to tile.

Waiting to go for the 3 day weekend sounds like a great idea.

The suits are all trying to get home today. Either way, I'm working from home!!!

It's Friday and I have the next two days off.

It's going to be a nice day here like OC. In the 60s with lots of wind. I'm doing
inside stuff this morning so I can spend a lot of time outside this afternoon.
I'm disappointed I won't be outside on Sat. We're doing on Sunday school monthly
activity during the early afternoon. I would love to say home, but it wouldn't
be fair to the hostess since not many are going.

Good luck on your tiling job, Wayne. Maybe you'll have time this weekend
and go to a home improvement store. Maybe they can give you some hints.

OC, sorry to hear the pesky buzzards are back again. I hope you'll get to
enjoy the nice weather.

robin, enjoy your day at home.

I'm thinking about Lois today since this was her birthday too.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

Wayne, subway tile is "in." And there are fewer pieces. :) Borrowed an inexpensive saw for a small repair job; they cut tile "like butta" (from "Coffee Talk," Saturday Night Live) I usually chicken out, and use a fiberglass tub surround. Is there a window in the tub/shower area? I hate them with a passion! :eek:

Good morning and a happy happy birthday to @YPG. Hope you have a great day playing Pokemon Go and dinner at the Outback.

@Old Cowgirl cowgirl – Are buzzards a nuisance? My nemesis are magpies. Can’t stand these birds, they chase off and/or attack songbirds and seem to just multiply. Plus they are so squaky when dogs are being walked.

@Poirot – YOU BETCHA BABY!!! It appears a chinook is coming our way bringing our temperatures into the positive however I read an article yesterday that the last part of February is to be bitterly cold. Go figure though, you read another weather website and they say mild to normal so who knows what the rest of the month will bring. All I know is I am way past over -31*C (-24.something*F)

@mandamiee – Enjoy dinner out with the family.

@Wayne – We’ll gladly have you up here provided you come over to our place and tile the backsplash in my kitchen when you are finished your tiling.

@robinsnest – Woo Hoo……bring on the 3-day weekend for you!!

@katmouse – Enjoy your afternoon outside. I’m sure it’ll feel great to have your chores done to spend the rest of the day the way you want.

I am working today then planning on getting everything ready for tomorrow night. Finish the rest of the appetizers, vacuum the den and stairs, set up two air mattresses, get the poker table ready and put out the games. All we should have to do tomorrow is pick up our meats and cheeses and relax til everyone arrives.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Happy Friday everyone,

It is a super busy day in the nursery again and this is the first moment I have had to post. I will read all your posts hopefully later tonight. It is a Spring like day, so Robin is one happy Arizonian. It is warm for me so I am counting down the hours/days until we return to normal temperatures. Family to-do projects are growing longer while my to-do list is daily edited. The weekend is a welcome reprise!

Take care and be safe everyone.

Is there a window in the tub/shower area?
Luckily, no. It's a 1940 house. The only problem is that none of the walls are squared and it's one of those little alcoves, cut about 7 foot height with rounded top corners too look all 1940's chic, so using a surround would be difficult at best. Otherwise, I'd have done that in about a half a heartbeat.

Happy Birthday YPG - so glad to see you here! Enjoy your day. Hope it's awesome!

Wayne - The only tiling I have any experience with is watching HGTV. LOL! Looks easy, right!

OC - we have crows and they drive me crazy! Luckily the neighbor behind us shoots them! But don't tell anyone!

Manda - enjoy your dinner out tonight. They're always better when you don't have to cook or clean.

Robinsnest - you made it with the suits here! Enjoy your weekend.

Kat - enjoy working outside, I know you've been looking forward to it all week.

Muss - enjoy your party Saturday it sounds like fun!

Noel - so sorry you're busy but it sure makes the day fly! Hope your friend is still doing well!

Weather is so nice today - 43 right now and partly cloudy! Seeing the sun really helps the mood. Meeting my sister for dinner and hopefully get some time this weekend to clean and maybe shopping!!

Have a great day.

Happy Birthday YPG! I'm still playing Pokemon Go too (the title of the thread caught my eye, so I came on it).

The rain has stopped a bit here in California (I'm in Silly.com Valley), and apparently we're going to see some sun today. I can see snippets of blue sky out my office window.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Back