02/10/17 - Donuts and Pokemon Go

The moon last night was very bright here, (looked almost like full moon) seemed to have a sort of haze around it. Woke up around midnight and could not believe how the sky was light, almost looking like when it first begins to get light in the wee hrs. 4-5 a.m. Ha.

The moon is just above the east horizon here right now. Pretty and pink.

Muzz, I've never seen a Magpie. I'm thinking they are similar to crows. Buzzards (in this case, Turkey Vultures) are not usually a nuisance except for gathering on the highways for roadkill, but these dealt me misery all last summer and into fall, as they were roosting on top of an old tv antenna high in the air, right next to my house.

My internet wireless broadband antenna is lower down on the tower. When the vultures take off and land, they shake the tower and so my internet antenna kept getting out of line and the Rise Broadband people kept having to come out (over 70 miles) to adjust it. I was without internet a lot. Besides that, by roosting up high, next to the house, you can imagine what a mess they make on the side of the house! It is illegal to kill them and there is no way to get up to the antenna to put any kind of deterrents on it. Vultures do serve a useful purpose but they need to serve it a little further away from my house!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday YPG! I love Pokemon Go as well. My youngest is the one that knows all the Pokemon names though. I am hoping one of my 5K eggs hatch a "tokapi"? or "togapi"? It's the little egg thing. lol. I think it's cute. I'm going to have to ask my 8 year old what it's called, lol, but I keep walking, hoping to hatch eggs!

Reactions: YPG
I have been able to evolve two Magikarp to Gyrados just by catching Magikarp alone lol.

Make sure you are evolving one with stats above 120 or so, or your Gyrados will be on the weaker side. The highest level Magikarp you can catch is 160 so the closer you are too that number, the more effective your candies used to power up will be.

Back