04/04/16 - Donuts and Bacon & Eggs

Y

YPG

We are starting out at 46° and will make it to 79°. I hope things warm up quick.

I am already hungry this morning so I am glad I took some bacon out last night. Now I just need to not be lazy and actually cook it.

I have something big going on today that I will not talk about so I will not jinx it, but please wish me luck anyway. Hopefully this situation will just be over with and I can go back to living life normally.

The birds by my window are so loud that if I wake up any time before the alarm I cannot go back to sleep. Hopefully I can get a nap in later.

Good day to you all.

Good morning all. Yesterday, it got up to 40 but quickly began to drop, is just 24, but at least the lake did not freeze up again. LOL. Had a terrible night's sleep, if you can call it that, as about 10:30 I had a terrible coughing fit (after being pretty good during the day), again aroun 12:30, 3 a.m. , 4:15, 5:30, 6:45 etc. I would evidently doze back off for 15, 20 min, but boy, the coughing was so bad, almost felt I was going to throw up. Ugh. Don't know the why...not running a fever......but yep, hope I, too, can catch a nap at some point today. (When I am having the coughing fit, and it ends, I can actually hear myself wheezing or something. )
Envy all you with the warmer temps.

Morning all.

YPG, fingers crossed things work out as you wish.

Poirot, I don't cough quite as often, but if I start, it is as bad. Wish I knew why too.

At least I don't have weather to worry about. Should be well above Noel's comfort zone and into my comfort zone.

I'll try to check back later. Have a great Monday.

Morning Everyone,

Barb & Robin, my daughter has coughing fits too, sometimes from allergies and sometimes from heartburn. Most of her fits end up with her getting sick and then she's fine. We keep an old empty ice cream pail next to her bed as usually she has to react very fast or we end up with lots of laundry. As a matter of fact, we needed the bucket at 11:30 last night for her, poor girl.

I just finished donating blood and have class in about 20 minutes. Got moved up as the instructor is out of the office tomorrow. Unfortunately I did not finish my homework. However, she doesn't give out grades, so that's a relief. :)

Happy Monday Everyone.

i everybody. I'm limiting what I do on the computer since I'm typing left handed, and I have to finish the state contract reports online. I have swelling in my right wrist, and it goes up through my palm and thumb. It is very painful to move or try to hold / pick up anything. Even a sheet of paper is too much. Doc said to keep icing it, and keep the brace back on. :( I hope this is just a very very bad arthritis flare up.

After a cold weekend with snow, it was 53 * at 7:00 this morning. Now, at noon, it is down to 33*. No wonder I feel like I have 3 elephants or boa constrictors on my chest. This is definitely bad weather for pneumonia and asthma problems.

Good luck, YPG. I hope things go the way you want or need them to go.

Poirot, it is way past time for you to be feeling better. The up and down weather doesn't help, either.

Amanda, has Gena been tested for asthma? Some people (like me) have a lot of coughing that upsets the stomach. GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease ) also goes hand and hand with asthma. I'm on a high dose of prescription omeprazole (generic Prilosec) for it.

Last edited:
Another beautiful day here. It's in the high 60s, but feels warmer. It's cleaning
day and I got that done. I wore short sleeves when Goldie and I walked this morning.

I just met my new neighbor. He's renting house with his family. He does yard work.
I showed him my pampas grass. He said he would come over tomorrow and get
the last part out of the big one :) Thank you god. I'll start working on the
little one
today. I'll have to get dirt next to fill in the holes. Then I'll finish weeding and mulching
the bed.

rs, I hope your hand heals quickly

YPG, good luck today.

I've got to dash to the school now.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day

Last edited:
RS - gosh, I hope your wrist feels better soon. I haven't had Gena tested for asthma, but I appreciate the tip. Two of her older brothers had asthma as kids. One outgrew it, but the other still has it. I also plan to see if maybe she has issues with acid reflux, as simple antacids sometimes make all the difference.

Kat - sounds like you have a fabulous new neighbor, hope he stays that way.

Good Monday.

Woke up sweating last night & knew the A/C had to be set on "auto" at 82 now. ROBIN is dancing in her sleep (wink).

POIROT: have you seen the doctor lately? I am concerned about your cough. Please rest & heal as much as possible. A hot butter rum wouldn't hurt either.

YPG: positive thoughts coming your way for luck.

ROBIN: hope your work day is light with few coughing spells.

RS: hope your hand heals quickly.

MANDA: hope Gena feels better soon & tests clear her of lung issues.

KAT: Enjoy class & your neighbors help with the lawn.

Make it a great day everyone.

Hello everyone. It seems the ailment gremlins are infiltrating us. My right knee and hip pain has been bad enough and now it has seemingly spread to my right shoulder. It hurts to even raise my arm to brush my hair. I've also been coughing hard (threw up a few times, too) and the other night, in bed, I could feel something in my abdomen tear from the effort, like I pulled something. My coughing is better today. I'll urge those who are still ailing to see your doctor, but I am the worst about putting that off, lol. Get well soon.

Everyone else take care and stay well!

Wow I hope everyone is safe from all the snow that fell this weekend. I hadn't watched any news until last night and boy the Midwest to the East coast looks like they got hammered.

We worked outside all weekend and got so much done. It always amazes me how the weeds can take off so fast once winter is over. It was a beautiful weekend weather wise. Sunny and high 60's - low 70's. Today not so much!

Poirot - hope your cough is better. Have you seen a doctor yet?

RS - I hope your arm gets better as fast as it came on!

Amanda - Did Gena have a good time this weekend?

Kat - Sounds like you might have a nice new neighbor.

Noel - enjoy your day

Shannon

Shannon - thanks for asking. Gena had a fantastic time this weekend. Not sure what she liked more, swimming every night in the hotel pool, stopping at the Jelly Belly jelly bean factory, or making her doll, which is lovely and looks a lot like she did when she was little. She didn't even want to call home once. And my mom and I both told her she could call anytime she missed home. Now she's asking when she can go on another adventure to Indiana to ride in a horse and buggy with the Amish families. LOL

Kt - fell better dear. :(

Back