06/17/16 - Donuts and Going Fishing

Good morning......and the weird weather continues, as yesterday, the sun came out, it went up to 74, today we are to get to 80, and by Sunday, they are saying maybe 90!!! Just think, couple days ago, it was 50s. LOL

YPG, what kind of fish are being raised on that farm. Guess your friend sells them for stocking lakes that do not produce well.

RS..........I hope you get some relaxing time, some fun, etc. on your vacation. Doing all home projects might be necessary stuff, but this is your VACATION!!! lol

Sorry, but I saw this just now, made me smile, even chuckle, and immediately thought of Robin & Noel.......especially with their weekend forecast....

10492307_991434927556749_3405277646469165879_n.jpg

Morning Everyone,

YPG - enjoy fishing.

RS - please try to actually relax, a least a little bit, while you are on vacation.

Barb - ugh, tell me about it, I'll take the 50's back please.

Hubby gets out of work today at 12:00. He's got a plumber coming over to take a look at our sewer pipe that runs under the basement floor to the road to see if it needs replacing, or it it just needs to be cleaned out. Plus get an estimate on replacing. Then supposedly he's going to finally set up the pool in the backyard. I really hope he does with the heat wave that's supposed to be coming.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

It was 42 when I got up! Supposed to get in the 60's but they keep saying it's supposed to start warming up maybe Sunday.

Cleaned house last night so the weekend is free to work in the yard if it doesn't rain. My garden has been calling me all week for attention. Funny how those weeds mass produce in this kind of weather.

YPG - good luck fishing

RS - Enjoy your vacation, they fly by so fast.

Poirot - My Mom used to say that about Arizona when they lived there. I would say 105 is 105 no matter how you looked at it until I went back east and felt what humidity is really like.

Enjoy you day
Shan

Gonna try to post right quick before my internet goes down again. It was off more than on yesterday. I called, the tech said they're working on it, should be back this morning. It was, first thing, but then went down again. If this keeps up, I may have to get the backup, whether I want to or not.

Robin, your temperatures make me grateful mine aren't any higher than they are. My 105-110 was heat index (100* real time) but I know yours in the one-hundred-teens are actual temperatures. Ugh!

Since I've been on the go all week already, I think I will go ahead get the car inspected and license renewed instead of waiting until the end of the month and having to scramble. We have to do both at the same time now. Then I think I will have the car in shape, as best I know. I have to go to two different towns in opposite directions to do this. Once I get this done, I can start to think about the truck and whatever it needs. It is long overdue for oil change, even though I don't drive it very much, especially this time of year.

Have a good day, everyone. I'm going to read your posts now.

This morning, it was cloudy. Now it 's sunny and yucky. After walking Goldie,
(I'm trying to walk a mile and half each day) I spent an hour in side bed. I would have
worked long, but I did errands this morning
. I'm not sure if I'll go out this evening
doing yard work. I went out just before 8 yesterday and spent about 30 minutes
in the front bed.

JS, I hope you have law where you live that grass needs to kept cut. Maybe the
city will cut it. It's a good law since a lot of people own places and won't take care
of their yards.

OC, good luck with your car inspection. I wish my state still did that. Too many
vehicles have lights that don't work.

rs, I hope you'll take time to have fun on your vacation.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

I would be calling someone to get it done. It would drive me crazy seeing it grow
and who knows what might living in the grass.

That's good. I would probably avoid driving by it because it would
annoy me :)

Last edited:
I should think if the town has employees who mow grass on the sides of the roads, or plow roads in winter, they have both the equipment and manpower to at least mow once. or twice a season. That said....either the county now owns the property (or the state) because of unpaid taxes, etc. But consider calling the Health Dept. as well.

When I was on our town board (yes, served 9 years) we got a letter from someone about a place that had become inhabitable. Turned out the owner lived in AZ, and was renting the place out, and gotta tell ya. Disaster. Completely surrounded by bags of garbage, as evidently the renters did not want or could not afford to pay garbage fees. Abandoned car, abandoned boat, a dog was tied to the steering wheel of the one car, door open. It was a trailer home, the elec. had been shut off, there was a freezer full of spoiled food, frig, too. Anyway, dog was taken to humane society to be adopted, got a 40 yd. garbage dumpster, paid extra help to carry everything out, washer, dryer, stove, frig, furniture, etc. All went into the dumpster. Some company came & took the cars & boat for free, the trailer was bulldozed down, all the debris into the dumpster. After it was all hauled away, the town used a piece of equipment to clean up the rest of the land, and the entire bill was put onto the owners' tax bill. (He had been notified of the conditions, never replied, did nothing(. From what I understand, when he would get his tax bill, and sent in the taxes, first to be paid would be the town. Also, if he did not, and it reverted to the county or state, when sold, first to be paid would be the town.

In our county there have been abandoned shed, barns, and yes, a house or two, actually falling down, so old. So the fire dept. used them for "practice" or training.

Afternoon all. Insanely busy morning. Here in AZ, the Sheriff's department has chain gangs. Folks who are in the jail, they can be requested to go out and clear off over-grown property.

In Sacramento, I had a friend who drank and used the great outdoors instead of finding a potty (idiot) and in addition to fines etc, had to work weekends clearing empty lots. Wonder if that is available in your community.

Gonna be a hot weekend here.

Love the dry heat poster. Yeah, it's dry and hot.

Fishing is hard! But I have been promising to take my BFF forever so I am glad we did it.

We caught three catfish, 7.5 lbs total. I tried to upload a file but it says file too large and I am too tired to mess with it.

The fish farm raises catfish and tilapia in well water ponds and the fish are grain fed. The farm serves local restaurants plus has no fee, no license fishing, you just pay for what you catch and can pay to have it cleaned and prepared. You can also just order whatever amount of fish or other seafood offerings and livestock offerings to go. They have lots of customers and group outings.

I have a farmer's tan now lol.

Good day to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Afternoon!

Just a quick visit as work is extremely busy. I am gloating between NeoNatal and Pediatric ICUs. My brain is buzzing but my heart is full of love for these precious children.

The excessive heat warning for the next 10 days is record-breaking while fires burn the northern part of our state. Stay safe everyone wherever you live and whatever storms are coming your way.

Hey, Robin........Is that your Sheriff Joe? Oh, heard of him.......good for him! Here the only thing that those in jail (Our jail is a short term one.....longer terms are sent elsewhere) ever do is clear the garbage people throw out of their cars onto the sides of the road. You know, beer or soda cans, food wrappers, containers.......this mostly comes from winter snowmobilers who don't have any way to dispose of (or store) the items they eat & drink as they ride the trails. Yes, there are containers at the boat landings, the various resorts open at that time of year, gas stations......but....
Anyway, I think they get some "time off" their 60 days in jail, or 6 mos. etc.

A lot of small towns in Texas seem to have the same situation as J.S.'s area. Not enough resources to deal with properties that people abandon and don't pay the fines. I guess in a lot of cases no one cares enough to do whatever it takes to get the properties cleaned up. Our county seat town, and some others around, have had "beautifying projects" in recent years, where citizens pitched in and got things looking nice. They got junk dealers to come in and haul off old vehicles, etc. Turned vacant lots downtown into little park areas and had murals painted on the sides of buildings, and a lot of other things. It takes energy and will and some who can/will take the initiative to lead such projects.

Had to stop and try to answer my cell phone. Of course they had hung up by the time I got to it. Dr.'s office in Dallas, no doubt trying to confirm my appointment for next week. Probably a machine.

Kat, are you saying you aren't required to have cars inspected in your state? If so, wow! We've always had to do that but until last year the inspection and the license renewal came at different times. Now they have to be done at the same time. I guess it's better that way, to get it all done together. At least it eliminated one sticker that has to be put on the windshield.:)

Glad I got that done today!

Back