07/13/2016 - Donuts and Clouds??

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good Day all.

Waking up to a cloudy day is very interesting and unusual. Well, for a desert rat who has been temporarily transplanted east. But as I'm working, I'll not have to venture outside.

I thought rather than be the last person posting on a day, like yesterday, I'll be the first.

I hope all is going okay with you all. And I'll try to check in again later today.

Good morning Robin.

I guess I am not the only early riser today. Rain here and thunder real early this morning. Since I was awake, I baked hubby some biscuits for breakfast. Of course it wasn't too hard since they were southern style frozen from Schwan's truck! LOL

Crazy day yesterday with paperwork (which I thought was done) for my mother-in-law. The insurance and medicare need more documentation to cross all their Ts and dot their Is. Wouldn't be so bad if the left hand knew what the right hand needs. They say they need something from the bank from June, no July, no June!!:angry:

Hope every one has a good day, and as Red Skelton said, God Bless.

Good Morning Everyone,

I think the temperature was already 80 when I left the house, and my clothes were sticking to me in the short walk to my car. Supposed to get some major storms this afternoon/evening including hail and the chance of tornadoes, but then it's supposed to cool off and the humidity to ease up some.

It was so bad yesterday that we drove the 4 blocks to the library rather than walk. Gena was disappointed, but too much heat and humidity makes me dizzy and I've actually fainted from it in the past. I don't need to be doing that out on the street alone with Gena.

Robin - hope your work trip is going well

Look - yum biscuits.

JS - I love watching nostalgic TV shows. Made my day when Gena started watching She-Ra and Full House. :)

Good morning, guess we got a warm one today, plus HUMID, which makes it worse. Sun is out, but thick clouds, some a bit dark. ?? Who knows?
Radio is full of warnings of roads still closed, storm damage to them, governor declared 6 counties as state of emergency, including ours. As waters recede a bit, lots of damage to the roads, so not safe to travel. 32 people rescued from on of the Apostle Islands in Lake Superior.

Odds and ends today, business, house, laundry, etc. etc. Check on my son. Can't tell you all how upsetting this has been. And, am having problems with internet, either very slow, or won't bring up a site, or takes forever. Last evening I could not get Facebook to load up at all, though a couple other sites would come up, but soooo slow. Frustrating and just gave it up. ......

Not a cloud in the sky today - 1st time in 2 weeks. It's not supposed to last though, so no boating again this weekend. Now I see why people say the 2 best days of owning a boat is the day you bought it and the day you sold it!!

JS - I have started putting on old shows for my granddaughter, Cosbys, Brady Bunch, and Full House and she loves them. Too bad there isn't anything comparable this day and age.

Have a good day
Shan

Good Morning all.

Well yesterday I finished work, prepped dinner, completed laundry [before more was added] and cleaned most of the house! I was so relieved to have my to-do list considerably shortened. Today I hope to finish my list for inside and then Thursday begin working on the outside chores. By Friday night my goal is to have all items checked off and I can just enjoy the weekend watching Hallmark Christmas [in July] movies!

As usual, the temperatures are climbing here this week. We are predicted to have 111-113 for the next 15 days. Today we're on our way to 113. I woke up last night 3 times due to being miserably hot. I am trying to remember what cold feels like.

ROBIN: thanks for beginning our day. Clouds? What are those -- I can't seem to remember. Why not bring some back to share with Phoenix area residents as a nice cooling surprise? Make it a great day at work!

LOOK: yes, I remember the paperwork nightmare with the government when each of my parents was ill/passed. With our extremely high national debt you'd think someone would have updated their systems. Hope your patience lasts through the process. Wishing you a good day.

JS: watching classic tv shows is an experience! I notice the shows move at a much slower pace, even Mission Impossible! There are way too many actor closeups and the plot unwinds at a crawl. I purchased a classic set of Disney Mickey Mouse Club for my siblings and I a few years ago. I was the only one that opened the tin and wanted to watch a show. It was so slow...........peaceful.............corny.............but teaching good values. Now I think faster is not always better. Hope your weather is cooler than predicted and your day a good one.

MANDA: heat and humidity can quickly dehydrate the human body so you chose the right mode of travel yesterday. Gena will hopefully have more days of good weather coming soon to enjoy a walk to the library. Keep hydrated and enjoy today.

POIROT: how is your son progressing? He will have major diet changes to make in the future. I hope he is healing well and will soon be released from the hospital. I also hope his dog-sitters take a little extra time each day to love his worried pets. When the internet is slow someone I know is frustrated to the point of yelling at the laptop! Who could that be? Wishing you more patience than this person. Stay safe with all the storm damage in your area.

SHAN: when I remark that there are no shows equal to the classic tv episodes, my nephew tells me "old people always say that"! Still....I say it anyway because most of the time it is true. I sure wish Touched by an Angel was available online because I miss that show. Wishing you a bright sunshiny day!

Everyone enjoy their Wednesday!

Another cloudy morning and I used my trimmer in areas that wouldn't done like
I do when lawn man did the yard. I cut more down along the ditch too.

I got the extra bathroom cleaned this morning. Tomorrow I'm going to clean my
bedroom. Friday dog gets a bath and then I'll have to vacuum the car.

manda, the humidity makes me feel bad too. The reason I'm inside in summer.

look of love, I love those biscuits, but Schwans changed my delivery day and
time. It might be a long time before i buy anything from them again.

Poirot, I hope your internet works better today. You might need to get what OC
is using.

Noel, I'm glad your do to list is getting smaller.

I hope everyone stays safe in the hot weather today.

Hi everybody. We have another stinking hot humid day here. I'm wheezing more, and my inhalers aren't helping a lot. Going to my doc's after work for a breathing treatment.

robinsnest - I'm so glad that you got to go to the Bookstore Speakeasy. We had a great time listening to the jazz there when we were in town for my nephew's wedding at the Historic Bethlehem Hotel.

Hi all,sun all day, lovely breeze developed, love it. However as the saturated ground has been leaking into rivers & streams, there is now more widespread flooding of roads. The radio is mentioning it every 15 min or so. In fact, the road by the hospital went to one lane this morning. That is gonna be rough stuff. A brand new bridge, just a year old, was washed away, damaged, just north of town. The hospital is just a bit north of town as well. A state highway.

My son was on his 3rd round of anti-biotics this a.m., seemed to be improving, so they let him have broth (no food by mouth since he went in) He seemed to be o.k. with that, so they may let him try sold food this afternoon (am guessing dinner. )His white cell count is back up now, still in pain, but not as bad.

Glad to hear your son is getting some measure of relief, Poirot.

Robin, how difficult, for you to have to deal with a mortuary while so far away from home!

Squirrel, I hope your breathing treatment helps.

Manda, be safe from tornadoes!

Look of Love, Medicare stuff is so involved and confusing. You are good to do it for your mother-in-law.

Shan, I hope you've enjoyed your cloudless day.

Noel and Kat, I wish I had your ambition and perseverance for to-do lists.

J.S., that's a horrifying story about the family at the Grand Canyon. That place is so scary to me!

I went back for a followup with the eye doctor today. My eyes are irritated and hurting and the drops make them worse. He says there is nothing serious wrong with them but he can't do anything for me if I can't tolerate the drops. This is the very reason I put off going for a couple of weeks. :(

Oh no.... that's sad if true. I've been thinking her about lately.

Back