08/27/2021 - Donuts & Rainy Mornings

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning,
Thunder woke me up about 3:30 this morning, we got heavy rain with lightening that I could see through the cracks of my curtains. I think it's a sprinkley drizzle now, but the sky is full of clouds. Gena is spending the day at her best friend's house, so she'll be busy and having fun all day. I'll be a spending long lonely day at the office as my friend who normally works late with me has to leave to work from home the rest of the day as her niece and nephew lost power at their house and can't be home alone with no power.

Hope you're all having a good morning.

Good morning. Yesterday was tiring so I'll probably mostly rest today, maybe. Yesterday morning I had people stopping by off and on to talk about an old pipeline, which crosses my property and the river, repaired and activated. Then I ate a quick lunch and went to town and got my prescription and did a little grocery shopping.

I was pretty excited to run into Mr. Fixit in the grocery store. I had tried to call him early in the week and got an answering machine, left message, but he never returned my call. So now I had him cornered. He assured me he'd come out today. :rolleyes: If he doesn't, all bets are off because he's going out of town early next week, for two weeks. I'm thinking something is leaking under the tile on my bathroom floor. Oops, here he is!

A busy morning for me since I'm trying to catch up on yardwork. I couldn't go outside Wed or Thurs mornings
so I did a lot this morning. Hopefully, I can do studies this afternoon.

OC, I'm glad Mr Fixit is at your house now.

manda, can you send me some rain? The ground in the ditch is sandy again.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day and good weekend.

240767119_604773880687602_3032652638988159263_n.jpg

Siege's best friend took this sneak peek picture of her Cap and Gown photos today. I can't wait to see how they all turned out.

We lost power randomly for about 20 minutes this afternoon - but no storm in sight, so I'm not sure why. Because of the power outage I got out of my conference call and rescheduled it for Monday.

OC - glad Mr Fixit showed up.
Kat - I'd love some rain too.
Manda - I'm sorry your friend isn't in office today.

Good afternoon..... I just couldn't get started this morning and was unable to post before leaving for work. It was a wack a doodle day today. Started off with "Coach" coming into the office needing to print something. It was "on his screen" but did you send it to the printer? It's ON MY SCREEN, okay did you send it to the printer? He didn't know. He didn't know his employee ID # needed to print things, Can you email it to me? I gave him my email he sent me an email without attachments. After secretly wishing I could just Gibbs slap him I went in and shared the 3 documents to me and printed them out. Then he had to make copies. Yes, you are all feeling my pain. Then he left a happy man with copies and everything was hunky dory. The nurse comes into my little fishbowl office, I introduced myself. She growled I'm the nurse. Who knew she was wearing a lab coat that said NURSE in big block RED letters. We had an encounter later on that didn't end well for me. I was told I don't need you anymore please leave. I was directing a parent to her office. I'll avoid her from now on. Meanwhile, Coach is trying to take attendance and guess what he left his computer in my office ON the printer. He sent a student to pick it up. Finally we had a student get upset and stalk around the campus. Boys.

I"m home looking forward to the weekend.

Glad Mr. Fixit arrived, I hope it's nothing major.
IT does not feel fall like here.... it's supposed to be 110+ today..... blech

Thank you. She was excited to get them. Seniors were excused from tardies/absences today because they had cap and gown pics and also casual senior pics. She and her bestie got ready together and then snapped these sneaks for us parents.

she said they had a lot of fun taking the pictures.

she has outdoor ones scheduled in October when it’s hopefully cooled down some

OC.... the staff is what I'm used to.... Nurses are prickly..... I've never met one that I'd trust with my kids..... when my boys were school age they had a large note on their "Pink" card (emergency contact card) that the school nurse was not allowed to touch them. Call a parent or someone else on the card. or 911 if you were worried. Then as a software trainer I had to work with the nurses because I was the ONLY one who understood the Health portion of the software.
Coaches are the same everywhere, big men with no clue how to operate a light switch.....
And PIA (Pain in the tush) parents are the same everywhere too..... I called yesterday no one got back to me!!! You must not be doing your job! Let me take your name and number and I'll forward it on to the person who can solve your issue. [Just like yesterday, they didn't respond not my fault] and my personal favorite today.... why are you wearing a mask? you are behind a plexiglass window..... I REALLY wanted to respond why does it bother you? You aren't wearing a mask, so why do you care what I'm wearing? but I'm not allowed. Customer Service.... at a School....

Back