1/18/23 - Donuts and rain

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having a rain day with occasional thunderstorms. Yesterday, the forecast for this morning was
stormy weather, but now the storms won't be all day. Temps will drop all day and high Thurs in the 30s.

I went out later than usual for my walk. I was able to go around once, but on my 2nd lap I turned
around when it started to rain heavy again.

Today is church library day. I plan to go and hopefully I miss the bad weather. Then I'll have to figure out
the best time to take Fenix out.

Yesterday morning, I put more dead grass in the bird basket. A bird popped out of it this morning when I
left for my walk. How can I tell the birds that next week it will be cold again? It will be in the 20s overnight and
some days there will be snow or ice.

I hope everyone has the best day they can.

Mild day in NY, 47 right now, showers predicted for tomorrow and through at least Monday, but nothing more than light rain.

Kat - Glad you got out before the heavy rain and hope you do miss inclement weather to/from church. The birds will definitely be confused by the change in temps, sweet that you are concerned. I would be, too.

It's mid-week already, so that is good news!

dc2eafe5e18e69b8edb61baf81d606c5.jpg

Happy Hump Day..... the wait for the other shoe to drop continues..... I had weekend plans to travel canceled as I may need the money to get boxes, tape and a moving truck.... and I really wanted to go.... do I get the spring training tickets? Will I be here in March??
Yesterday Vinnie and I went outside and played fetch for a half an hour.... what an improvement in attitude being active outside....
Hunny Bunny watched an ad on TV last fall and was amazed by it.... so Santa found it as it was an "As seen on TV" product....we used it last night to make Bacon and tomato sandwiches.... I can't handle lettuce on sandwiches or hamburgers....
Bacon CAn.jpg
It worked as demonstrated and really well.......

Off to the labs for blood work....

Robin - I hate that you are in limbo and wish there was something you could legally do (Sloan could help, ha ha)! The landlord has to %^&* or get off the pot! Be as proactive as you can and continue looking for another place and just move as soon as you can, since this can go on for a long time. The best to you and your family!

Too bad you don't live nearby.....I have a ton of cardboard boxes in the garage, from when I moved here. I have given many away, but...every box from Amazon is out there, lolol. Sorry about still being in limbo. Wonder if landlord changed his mind......or just doesn't want to say if he signed up with a realty??? Or has a prospective buyer?
Is there not places for rent where you now live?? Or are they just really scarce.

Thanks for all of your words of support..... We've been here in this house 18 years..... and HB is a pack rat (new word horder) prices have sky rocketed here in Phoenix and in Sacramento.... so if we are moving will will most likely go to Wichita where I was able to find rather easily a 3900 sq foot home with 3 bedrooms and finished basement (extra bedrooms am I right?) for a thousand dollars.... but it had street parking..... and as someone who isn't used to ice or snow that just won't work..... but the vast majority of homes I've looked at are 3 bed 2 bath and under $1300. Fly over country.... who knew? My Sacramento son and daughter are looking but nothing is reasonable for them.... yet.... and the interest rates don't make things better for them.... easier for me to move elsewhere for a while.....
if need be.... landlord may have been in a mood.... last year was VERY expensive at this location for him.... new pool pump motor, new plumbing line broke on his side of the sewer, new hot water heater, nothing we did, no broken windows or things....but the call might have just been the thing that ticked him off.... he will have to remove carpeting, tile and paint the house new flooring.... drain the pool and replaster and seal the tiles on the pool, fix the ginormous crack in the patio all before he can re rent again.......so it may be cheaper in the short term to keep collecting rent and saving up for a gut and replace of the house....

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I feel like such a stranger here, but life just won't slow down for us, and work has been crazy. We're finally getting settled into our new apartment mostly. Gena is just finishing her 1st semester of middle school, and so much more, but I won't bore you all.

Robin - so sorry your landlord is being a pain, I hope he figures it out soon and just lets you stay. I'd give you my boxes too if you were closer, I don't have too many any more, but they'd be yours if you were here. Rent prices are crazy every where, when I was looking last summer the average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment with nothing included was $1200-$1500 in my city. I praise the Lord every day that I found a 2 bedroom 2 full bath with heat and water included for $825. On a totally different topic, your bacon cooker looks amazing.

Kat - you're such a good mama to those birds in your basket.

Back to teaching, have a terrific evening everyone!

manda, thanks for checking in. I'm glad you found a nice place to live at that price. Is Gena still in scouts?

Robin: If you decide to come to this area of the country, let me know. I have two nieces who are top realtors. One was nationally recognized. I pray you find something soon!

Must run and get to church for GIFT (Growing In Faith Together). It's a meal and Educational Classes for all ages. Have a great rest of the day!

I got back from town just before 4:30. It was in the 60s* but partly cloudy and so windy it was hard to get in and out of car doors and store doors. Dry, so more fire danger. My biggest surprise of the day, at Wal-Mart the egg shelves were almost full of all kinds of eggs! Wonder how that happened?

Glad to see you, Manda.

Robin, I hope you will end up in a place you like.

Kat, it always amazes me that birds survive cold weather. They're so tiny. Maybe the extra grass you contributed will help.

OC, how much were the eggs? I bet a lot of people stopped buying them because of the
price. I don't think the finches are ready to have kids yet. I don't see them everyday. Maybe
they wanted to make sure they could use the same basket.

nanahl, I hope you'll have a nice evening at church.

Funny how attached those finches are to that basket! :)
The eggs were six dollars and something but I'm sure some were less. I buy the free range eggs and they're always expensive, though not ordinarily over six dollars! I see a lot of people have been buying locally, from individuals, or else buying a few hens for themselves.

I buy the Eggland eggs because they are low cholesterol. They were over $9 the
other day. I don't eat eggs very much and I won't be buying them for awhile now.

I don't know either. But it was at HEB in Yoakum! I haven't eaten as many eggs or bought any there since. I need to check prices again. I had about 4 dozen on hand because I was going to do some cooking and baking but I decided NOT to.

Back