1/19/16 - Donuts & more Brrrrrrr

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning from "Frozen". 18 below zero this morning, but the weather guy just said on the radio that we are to get up above zero today. Meanwhile, shiver & shake. The electric company guy was here yesterday, cannot figure out what the blazes is wrong with the furnace, so is getting a new circuit board, or computer brain, or whatever it is. No idea when that will come.

Am sure everyone is somewhat warmer than we are. Have a good day, folks!

Good Morning ladies & gents!

It will be a balmy 73F today here with a cloudless blue sky. Rejoice Robin! Meanwhile my children and I removed the blankets from our beds last night as my son hummed a dirge! LOL!

POIROT: wishing your expert would fix your frozen palace soon! Meanwhile I'd love take some of that cold wintry weather from you but people in my own family, and Robin, would ban me for life.

Stay warm & safe everyone!

Good morning. I was going to start Donuts, but delayed just long enough (reading yesterday's) to not make Poirot move/combine threads, lol. It's cold here, too. I've gone from kicking covers off at night to freezing in no time. The high is supposed to be mid-50s today, so not too bad.

It's been windy and something broke a window pane in Sparky's room, so I had to close that up with cardboard and, of course, the infamous duct tape, lol.

Stay safe and warm!

Our Mandie, who lives in WI, posted this on Facebook, but hasn't come here yet this a.m. ...too good not to share....

1546083_10202937735350326_1431840366_n.jpg

Oh horrors, Poirot, I continue to wonder why people ever settled in such frigid environments! Hope the guy can figure out your furnace problem and fix it.

Yesterday our forecast said something like 34* for an overnight low, so I was glad I wouldn't have to leave the water dripping for the first time in about a week. Then before I went to bed I heard that it was already at freezing so I looked at the outside thermometer and it was already down to 30*. Well, imagine my surprise when I got up this morning at 7:00 and looked at the thermometer and it was 40* !! Whaat?? I'll take it!

I think we'll get to 60* today, which is great because I have a lot to get done. I already took care of some trash. Now I have to feed cows, get us cleaned up and go to town for some groceries. I have put it off since Saturday and really must go. I got all ready to leave yesterday but the husband was having issues and time ran out. Not sure how it will go today, he has gone back to sleep and hasn't had breakfast. My dilemma from here on is that he is almost not able to go with me, and I can't feel comfortable leaving him home alone. I take each day as it comes. Some days are better than others.

All of you stay warm, well, at least everyone except for Noel. Glad your family is keeping some humor in your loss of cool temps.

Another cold morning, but in the 20s instead of the teens. There's
a chance of wintry weather this afternoon. I hope it will start after
my volunteer time at the school. Warmer weather coming :)

Poirot, I hope your heating problem will be fixed this week.

OC, prayers for you and husband.

kt, I hope you'll get window fixed before bad weather.

I hope everyone has the best day possible.

OC: you need help. I was at the same point with my Mom the entire year before she passed. If you have an Area on Aging near you they have volunteers to help a few hours weekly. Stay safe & warm.

KAT: hoping you get those warmer temps when volunteering.

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for sharing my Facebook post Barb. I thought it was funny. We honestly considered grilling our chicken last night for dinner, in the -10 degree weather, although I ended up baking it instead so it would get done faster. I have a hard time posting on here from my tablet so I wait until I get to work. :)

Daisy Troop meeting tonight, more cookie sale prep. My co-leader is leading again. I'll be in charge for the February meetings.

Barb - I hope they can fix your furnace soon, what a nightmare.

KT - I think I'd fix the window the same way until the weather improves

Noel - I envy your weather right now.

OC - good luck with your shopping

Kat - have fun at school.

To anyone I missed have a wonderful day.

Hi everyone. It finally got up to double digits here.....11*F, but the wind chill is still -15*F. Brrrrr. I was supposed to do an education program with our vision rehab teacher at one of my senior centers in the northern county. I told her we weren't leaving until I made some calls. I had to check what the roads and weather were really like up there so talked to a few people in different areas that we had to travel through. The consensus was that we needed to reschedule. They already got 7 inches of snow since yesterday, and were expecting 7 more. Plus the interstate had one lane open but snow covered. Nope, staying in my office where it is warmer than out there.

Poirot - Hopefully, that part comes in quickly.

OC - Prayers continue.

Prayers also continue for all of you and your loved ones to be safe and healthy.

Good morning all. Fun fun fun morning today. (NOT)

I have 2 VP's, a manager and 2 remote folks in the office today and only 1 spare cube and 1 spare office. And Mr. IT Guy is here because the security company finally came by. And I have my work, which I'm playing hooky from at the moment.

And yes, it is a glorious day and sadly I'm working at the office and not at home, so I can't move out to the patio because the new office doesn't have a patio. Oh well.

I will say as a native born Californian, transplanted to Arizona, I have no idea how to live in cold weather. I have a deep respect for those of you who do.

Have a great Tuesday.

I just hung up from talking with my oldest sister who lives in Pittsburgh.

My brother-in-law's 101 year old mother needs our prayers. She is in an assisted living facility near me. She fell out of her bed Friday night / Saturday morning, and broke both femurs. The orthopedic people said they are afraid to operate (to put in pins) because the cardiologists advised against putting her under. She has air splints, and a morphine drip. She is also receiving extra morphine every 4 hours so she can be moved, bathed, etc., with a minimum of pain."

Good afternoon. We did make it to the museum Saturday and had a great time. This English major was thrilled with seeing one of Shakespeare's First Folios in person. The museum also had an exhibit about Galileo and had several more really old books on display, so I was loving it. The girls had a great time as well with lots of activities and coloring pages for the kids happening. This week, Hubby is using some of his vacation days to get some things done around here. Both of his trucks have needed work and maybe he'll get around to doing more to our bathroom as well.

We have more work to do on the science fair project, mainly getting everything typed up and ready to put on the posterboard, so it will be time to get creative and artsy....not my strong suit. I have 20 chicken eggs in the incubator I got for Christmas. I candled them today to check their progress and at least 14 of them have definite embryos growing, so we'll see how many actually hatch at the end of the month.

I hope everyone stays warm and safe and has a good week!

Prayers for your brother-in-law's mother, RS. What a terrible thing to happen.

For those of you interested: the five planets visible with the naked eye will all be out before dawn for the next month. These are Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Mars and Jupiter. This doesn't happen too often. I'm hoping for some clear skies and not-so-cold weather!

Back