1-22-2016 - Donuts and Nasty Weather

The Girl Scouts have had to change companies that make their cookies a few times, It could be the company refused to allow the Scouts title to their recipe, or said the cookies were too expensive to make. I see there are some different cookies now than when my girls were selling them. Thin Mints were the fav of nearly everyone that bought.
I know the Scouts will be at our Supermarket in the next couple of weeks. Last year I got a couple of boxes, will do the same this year.

In '88, and the follow year...the names of the cookies sold....

Echo, Samoas, Thin Mints, Do-Si-Dos, Tagalongs, Trefoils, Chocolate Chunks

Little Brownie Bakers

Thin Mints, Scot-Teas, Classic Crèmes, Jubilee (choc/caramel), Savannahs, Hoe Downs, Yangles

$2.50

These are all still around (or around again) in my area, they are called: Samoas = Caramel Delites, Do-Si-Dos = Peanut Butter Sandwich, Tagalongs = Peanut Butter Patties, Trefoils = Shortbread. The name depends upon the baker, there are 2 different bakers right now, so if you live in a different area they have a different name. Can be very confusing.

Good afternoon everyone, I just wanted to check on you all and make sure that you were all safe so far! I'm saying a prayer for all of you to get through this storm safely! It warmed up to 52 this afternoon. It just seems so wrong for us to be so warm.. Please stay home if you can and take care of yourself and your family and friends!

Big Hugs,
Joanie

Hi everyone!

It snow. It sleeted. And now it's windy and raining. Made the drive home from work fun. Amazingly enough I didn't see any accidents on my 30 mile drive home at 6pm. The roads weren't too bad. A little slick in spots. The roads in my neighborhood are really icy but I've driven on worse. Lots of accidents out in the metro area. I guess country folk can drive better than city folk:rotfl:

One of our pharmacy techs usually brings in the cookie sheets for us to order cookies. I love Samoas and Thin Mints.

We had to receive our warehouse truck in the snow and sleet. Our poor truck driver just came back to work this week after being out for a couple of weeks because some jerk texting and driving caused him to run off the road and flip over one of our trucks. So he's been extra cautious this week.

Good to hear from you Newt.

Noel, want to trade weather?

Stay warm and safe everyone!

Good evening all,

Was very cold today and snowing this evening. Quite a bit of accumulation outside. I went to the gym for a run earlier, then later went to school and finally to work. VERY busy day today. Gonna go catch up on Days now.

Have a nice night everyone. Stay safe and warm in this storm.

Selling cookies, etc. is a good way for kids to learn basic salespersonship methods. In Scouts, my dad advised us to avoid asking a potential customer questions that could be answered with a simple "no." I guess that Brownies/Cubs might be a little young for that kind of stuff, though. :) If I happen upon any Thin Mints, a couple of boxes are going home with me!

Had to share this........awesome!
12552779_1708130859431427_2782817660989062891_n.jpg

Back