1-22-2016 - Donuts and Nasty Weather

K

ktspirit

Good morning. I finally got up about midnight. I couldn't sleep with the weather radio going off every few minutes. We had numerous thunderstorm warnings, high winds and a tornado watch. Everything has calmed down now. I'll probably crash early tonight or take a nap! Remmy isn't usually scared of bad weather, but she got upset and threw up twice, poor girl. I wouldn't let her out with the lightning popping everywhere and when I did, she didn't waste time getting back inside out of the rain, lol.

Stay safe!

Cloudy and not too cold today. Missed out on the weather again.
Some smaller schools in area were closed yesterday because
roads were iced over. No schools close to me.

kt, is this still winter storm, Jonas? I hope you and Remmy get some rest today.

I hope everyone has best Friday possible.

Here's a link to article about blizzard. They're calling it a "Snowmageddon"

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20160122/a43557d5-bb68-49e8-bb28-ee8738da8a0c

Good morning everyone. A drab dark cold morning here, and my car is iced up again. The big storm won't be reaching me, but Pittsburgh will get hit. Instead, I have Poirot and Amanda's weather coming in over the Great Lakes this weekend.

My nephew's new wife is moving her household from New York City to his Pittsburgh condo today. Hopefully everything arrives in one piece as the moving truck comes west over the Pennsylvania Turnpike. She and my nephew will be making a stop in Bethlehem to pick up her cat who has been at her parents' home since the wedding.

kt and kat, I'm glad you're both safe.

I thought I was late checking in, and expected more folks to have posted by now. I hope everyone in the 20 states being hit by the storm is somewhere safe today.

Boy, that storm swath is huge, but some areas, like kt's are getting rain. Last night, the weather channel said the big problem in many areas would be ice, and where the snow hits, will be heavy, wet snow, which is why they expect power lines to go down. He did mention the Carolinas and VA, plus D.C. area......north of NY is not to get much of this storm at all. Like all storms, one just doesn't know the exact path, as the storm can veer off differently than expected.

We are again, cloudy, overcast, gloomy, and at 19. Snowed on and off all day yesterday, looks like it may do the same today, but has not started yet. Take care, stay IN if you are in the storm. Worst is supposedly later today into tomorrow.

KT: glad you are wise & staying inside. Hope your nap is a good one. Poor Remmy....this pup needs a peaceful nap too.

KAT: glad your weather isn't too dangerous. I thought snowmeggedon was last winter? Well whatever they name it people need to be wise and safe. Enjoy your Friday.

SQUIRREL: your weather sounds dangerous with more to come this weekend. Hope your nephew/wife get moved in safely. With all that snow think Merry Christmas thoughts.

POIROT: glad you are safe & have warmer temps. Love your advice to stay inside in storm areas. Enjoy your day.

Please friends be extra careful today in all this crazy weather.

Morning all. I have a question. Last night on tv they were interviewing the assistant store manager of Lowe's. That morning they received a shipment of 700 snow shovels and they were sold out in less than an hour. This was in a town "outside" of Washington DC. Does that area not get a lot of snow?? Do you throw your snow shovel away each year? Or I guess that many newcomers??

In California, where I grew up with the knowledge the earth would at some point open up and mess things up, we kept water and canned goods stored at all times.

Anyway, please stay safe and warm.

Happy Friday.

Good morning. My weather will be much like yesterday's but with more sunshine, maybe. Not seeing it yet though. Windy and chilly but not worth mentioning, compared with what's going on elsewhere. I hope no one in the south had a tornado last night. There were warnings.

I've lost the sound on my tv. Need to try to check that out. Have to feed cows and go get the cart loaded with cubes again. With my niece feeding out of it too, the 3,000 pounds goes in a hurry! I'm tired. Wanting to crawl in a hole but after seeing that rattlesnake get stuck halfway in/halfway out of a hole a few months ago, I guess I don't want to end up like that so I'll keep plugging along.

Wishing all of you the best day possible. Wondering how Lil0's days are going, with the new baby boy in the house.

One of our posters here lives in D.C. area, and they had a light dusting of snow, around an inch, and traffic was jammed up.
Wayne lives there, as well. I doubt if he bought a snow shovel.....I don't think that area gets snow often, but they must get it at times. I guess perhaps with the forecast talking of a foot or more there.....like the scouts...Be prepared.

OC: glad to know your weather isn't too bad. Sure wish we lived close to you so I could help duties with your hubby & family could help you with chores. You are a courageous Pioneer woman handling all this alone. I admire your strength of character & heart.

Good Morning!!

Boy am I tired today, too much going on last night with the Cookie Rally. I've already sold 28 boxes at work, only 137 more to go. LOL

Stay safe out there my friends, the weather does not look good for so much of the country. Thinking of all of you right now.

Hugs

Manda, are the thin mints still a big seller? The down side of taking orders is that it eliminates impulse buying. I once worked at a large plant, with a long entry hallway; a lot of cookies were sold in that hall!

It looks like we will escape most of the storm, thankfully. My annual, optimistic, un-scientific opinion is that there are only 5 more weeks of winter. :drunk: Be careful, everyone!

Back