1/22/2018 - Donuts and the urge to binge on carbs

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good cold morning from the East side of Phoenix. I had a terrible night's sleep last night, very unusual for me. I want to have French toast, pancakes, toast slathered with butter and hash browns. Yes, I'm really stressed. I won't have any of those goodies. And even if I did eat them, it wouldn't take away the fear/stress/worry about the upcoming deposition.

I have 4.5 hours before I have to leave for the meeting. It helps that I trust my attorney and he says I'll do great. But it's the unknown.

I hope everyone has a great day. I will as soon as the 3-5 hour deposition ends.

Oh, dear, Robin. Just remember.......you are allowed a "break" if you feel you need one. Your attorney will watch out for you. And....(I was guilty of this) don't volunteer info. Answer what they ask. Period. Good luck, and you definitely will do well. We will be pulling for you, just know you have a ton of friends backing you!

Cloudy, overcast, windy, has not yet begun to snow. They are saying the snowstorm moved south, but the southern part of this county is in the path. I know it is already snowing down JasonD's area, probably Mandy's, too. Minneapolis is supposed to catch it big time.

Sadly, the Vikings really got whupped yesterday, so, no Superbowl for them in their hometown. That town is having a huge winterfest, with amazing gigantic ice sculptures.They have this winterfest every year, but this year, are going all out since they host the huge event in 2 weeks.

Wind is blowing snow around here, yuk. LOL

Morning Friends,

Robin - I'm sure you'll do great, but I totally understand the nerves. You got this!

Poirot - no snow for me just freezing mucky rain. I'd actually prefer snow over what we are getting. The snow is staying about 20-30 miles north of my town. Stay warm in the wind

Our temperatures are crazy. We had mid to upper 30's all weekend and still today, although it feels colder with the wind. But I still shed my big winter coat and opted for my fleece hoodie instead. Gena has the day off of school, so she's visiting my sister-in-law for the day for painting and/or baking projects and/or quilting projects for my soon to be here grandson who's set to arrive in April. Not too much else going on today, for which I'm grateful.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning all! We've been busy around here lately. The girls are doing well. They both have biography projects they're working on for school, due at the end of the month. They have to both make posterboards about the person they picked, write about them, and dress up and give a 30-second to 1-minute talk as though they are the person. So I've been elbows deep in trying to makeshift some costumes and gather up all the supplies. I have to make yet another trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow. But they're having fun with it.

Hubby's sister and her family are doing a Disney World trip at the end of February, and the person they were going to be sharing a rental house with had to back out, so it looks like we're going to be going as well. The timing just worked out with my Hubby's long break at work and around Annabelle's birthday weekend. I'm not thrilled with pulling them out of school for a week, but they shouldn't have any big projects or tests during that time. Of course we'll have to spend a day or two at Universal for the Harry Potter parts for me. The girls just don't know about this yet.

Weather here has been much like OC's weather probably. Our last cold spell we had, when we thawed out, we had a small water line bust on the outside faucet on our house. That ended up shutting off all the water to our faucets at the barn and by the pig pens. So we had to haul water from the kitchen sink to the pigs that day. That took a while, even with three of us.

Rocky, you must have ESP, as this a.m. I was thinking of you and that we had not heard from you, wondering what you were up to. Oooh, Disney World.....Wonderful weather, Epcot, MGM (or is it Universal), and Disney itself. Have not been in quite a while, know you will enjoy.

The snow started, and wow, with the wind, it is really nasty. I had an errand about 10 miles away, knew I should have gone first thing this a.m. I just do not want to go out now, for sure. It is a fine snow, but with the wind, vision is not good. Am sure there is drifting in places. It is 29°, so, thus far, no freezing rain. Just seems like a blizzard.

Also, bad night's sleep. Woke at 1:15, up to around 3 a.m. Even reading did not help.

Also, here is an observation. There are movies I have seen several times, some a great many times. Being the stations have to fit the movie into certain time slots, making allowances for commercials, they "edit". Thus we suddenly see a scene we don't remember. Then again, we go "huh" what happened to.....???". Last night that was the case with Sleepless in Seattle. There were a couple things I thought perhaps I missed going to bathroom or blinking, lol. But near the end, the kid is up in the Empire State bldg., and asks a couple different ladies "Are you Annie"? Totally missing. Also was missing his walking down the street in NY. LOL There was another scene, too. But I just kept thinking about how we notice scenes in Days that should be there, but are missing, and very noticeable when there has been a spoiler pic. Ha. l do ramble, don't I?

Hi everyone. It is a drizzly foggy nasty day here with the sub-freezing weather returning shortly.

I got all of my part done of the United Way proposal last week, and handed it off to the CEO on a thumb drive to take home for his wife (my vice president) to review. She had a knee replacement done 2 weeks ago so is out on medical leave. I was running on adrenaline the last 2 weeks, and had a hard crash when I went home Thursday. I had a hard time functioning and/or concentrating over the weekend so only did a few posts on Facebook. Meanwhile nothing got done in my house.

robinsnest - I hope your deposition went well today.

Poirot - good luck with those files. Paperwork just never seems to end.

Amanda - I bet Gena is having a blast with her aunt. I'm ordering another box of S'mores to send to your troop since you have some newer members.

Rocky - have a fabulous time on your trip. You will love the Harry Potter experience at Universal. Be careful in the wand shop, though. They pick 2 children, siblings if they can, to go through the wand choosing ceremony. The parents are basically shamed in front of everyone into buying the wands for those 2 kids at $65 each. The cloaks/capes are a little pricey, too. I settled for a mug and keychain.

Robin - Hopefully your time is up and everything went really well. Hoping so!

Poirot - I hope your weather passed on through quickly. I hate that when that happens with a movie I know so well. I feel ripped off.

Manda - How nice Gena has the day off! Sounds like she will enjoy her day.

Rocky - so nice to hear from you. How sweet a trip to Disney World. The girls will have a ball.

Our weather was a big tease all weekend. Looking out it looked nice and sunny and I would wear just a sweatshirt jacket and freeze to death.

None our teams won either so a boring Super Bowl. We went to the RV show and saw so many RV's that are to die for.

Have a great day

RS - you are too sweet. I still have the package of cookies I promised you, as I just never seem to get to the post office. But I don't want to send you old cookies, so I fully intend to order an extra fresh box this year. I want to send you some of our S'mores so you can try them. I feel terrible that I haven't gotten them sent out to you yet. :sad: Great job getting the proposal completed

Rocky - have fun at Disney and Universal. I'm a tad jealous.

Shan - the only thing that I know for sure that she got done was her toenails painted. As my sister-in-law sent me a picture of her fancy toes. I hope your weather improves.

Poirot - please be careful if you venture out, your weather sounds awful.

We are still only getting freezing rain. It's been a very gloomy day, and I have no ability to focus whatsoever.

After the nice day with yesterday, it's been cloudy, windy and cooler today. Lows
at night will be in the 20s again.

Rocky, I hope you and your family have a great time in Florida.

rs, great job getting the proposal done. I'm glad you had a restful weekend.

manda, I'm sure Gena had fun with her aunt today. Can I go with her
next time?

robin, I hope your meeting went well today.

I hope everyone has a nice, peaceful evening.

Today I seem to have picked up a virus at work. Fever, chills, muscle aches and surprisingly no appetite. Finished work but not sure what tomorrow holds yet.

I read your posts and am thinking of each of you. Hubs insists I rest and is taking my tablet away. Hope you all rest well tonight.

Forgot to mention that at church yesterday, because of the enormous flu outbbreak nationwide, the Bishop sent out an request/order that congregation should not hold hands during the reciting of the Our Father, nor shake hands as they express Peace to each other. Also, no wine from the cup. Now when that happened a few years ago, many people still did so, but, amazingly, the entire church held off. Even my best friend, sitting next to me (husband in nursing home, same things as OC tells us) was not doing any hand touching with anyone. She said our hospital already has a lot of flu patients.(the nursing home is attached to the hospital)

Back