1-23-16 - Donuts and Winter storm Jonas

I get TV from NY at times, and have to say, the networks there really LOVE to break into any programming, or just take over the entire day for weather. LOL. I remember once, some years ago, NY was expecting a big storm, warned everyone to stay home, etc. etc. but only got a few inches. So here were these reporters out looking for anyone, any car, something to report. The guy finally got some poor bundled up woman who was going out to the store. She even said this was really nothing. (can't remember if more came later).
Wayne has posted pics from his apt. window, (D.C. area), but I really do commend the workers and head honchos for preparing in advance so well. I hope those stranded in cars are able to get moving soon.
Thanks Dr. Baker for the update. l

here is an absolutely awesome pic (I posted it in yesterday's donuts by mistake

12552779_1708130859431427_2782817660989062891_n.jpg

The pictures show the truck in the foreground as not having changed much, but keep in mind that outside my garage, to the edge of the brick you see, are the patios for the people upstairs. The truck sitting there sheltered by the wall and patios was relatively untouched, while the cars in the parking lot are slowly being swallowed by drift.

It's also been snowing solid for about 5 hours since that latest photo was taken.. :)

All in all, it has -- so far -- been an interesting thing, but then again, I haven't even tried to go outside (let alone drive anywhere)... Safe money is on Monday (if not Tuesday as well) being a non-work day.

Wayne

Good evening Salemites!!

So wow where do I begin? A lot has been going on and been kind of neglecting to check in. So yes about a week ago I turned 30 so was a nice evening, had a fabulous dinner with my family and then spent it with the new person in my life. Yes I am finally sold and off the market, and done.....been so much happier actually. He's been really sweet and to me that's a huge gift.

Okay so today I was supposed to meet up with my Ma and Stepfather at the gym. But ended up going there alone since my Ma was feeling sick, but she'll be fine. Figured I can at least drive over to Mikey's before he goes into his shift and head back home watch some funny stuff on youtube or facebook then pass out lol.

I been praying a lot too. Even though being a gay man I still follow Catholicism and call myself a "caferteria catholic", pick and choose what I feel relates to me. Psalm 91 has been helping and you know things have been really well. Kind of odd thinking back a month ago telling you all about my disastrous date and now all of a sudden lol. Oh lord hehe!

According to the weather people it's stopped snowing here. According to me looking outside it's still snowing.:rotfl:

Good to hear from you Eras and welcome to the 30s Club.

Wayne, I have a lot of Facebook friends that live in the DC area and they've been posting pictures similar to yours. We don't have that much snow down here but sleet and rain melted/packed it down some last night. We have a nice snow/ice/snow layer cake going on.

Poor eagle. He's not enjoying winter either.

I wish I could see the moon.

My bird wasn't feeling the weather earlier either.
IMG_0445.JPG

Am glad Wayne doesn't have to shovel his car out. But getting TO the garage may be a problem. LOL. However, I think it is still a STAY HOME AND INSIDE situation everywhere, Jonas seems to have a few last bits of mischief before leaving.

Eras, glad life is a bit better, hope you have seen all the birthday wishes in donuts on your day.

heck, have not seen the moon in soooo long I thought perhaps it met up with Venus and eloped. LOLOL

As for the sun....well, it showed up for all those decimated by Jonas....so I won't complain about how it deserted us up here.........

Back