1/23/2024 - Donuts and Doggie Daycare

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good morning all.... the BEAST is at Doggie Day care.... where I hope he is running them crazy and not me. I'll get to vacuuming the house and dusting things that aren't as easy to do while he is around.... last night we got rain so soon I'm hoping for the giant ice patch on the drive way to go away..... before May would be nice.....
I hope everyone has a great Tuesday......

Good (late) morning everyone. We're having a heat wave here at 35*. Everything was ice when I came to work this morning, now the roads are just wet as the rain continues.

Finished up all of my paper and computer work. I need to find something else to do this afternoon because I don't want to have to clean my office.

robinsnest, enjoy your Beastie free time this morning. I'm sure he's having a great time with his canine friends.

Warmer here, too...40 and raining. We get what we get weather wise.

Robin: Hope you accomplish all your chores sans the BEAST and hope the ice patch melts soon.

redsquirrel: Enjoy the warmer temps. I say, clean your office and get it over with, face that mess and move on to other things!

Let's all have a grand Tuesday!

1706029529129.jpeg

Robin, when you're finished cleaning your house........
RS........we are also warming up.
Wilde.......if it's not snow, it's rain, eh!

Hello friends, hope you're all starting to warm up. We are and finally getting into above 0*C today. The high is to be 4*C (39.2*F). This is patio weather now. Haha!!

Not much is new here, Watson is loving the weather now that he no longer needs the boots and coat. Regular stuff for me, beach vball league Wednesday and Thursday, going to drop in to practise with 2 people I've not played with before in preparation for an upcoming tournament we registered for on Feb. 3. We are planning to hit the mountains this weekend and get a snowshoe in.

Have a great week everyone.

Muzz, I know I don't have to remind you to enjoy your active lifestyle. Your comment about snow or rain made me think of my mother's cousin, who lived to near 100. When troubles abounded she used to say, "If it ain't ants, it's fleas."

Wilde Woman, the flowers and bird are beautiful. Its color looks like a bluebird but its tail looks like a Scissortail (my favorite bird to watch).

Squirrel, after the last week or so we've had, I am reminded that 35* really can seem like a heat wave. Sorry you have to look at dreary rain instead of your lovely snow scenes. Talking about Tunkhannock yesterday reminded me of how truly beautiful it was there, especially with snow, but also in the fall, which are the two seasons I've appreciated the least here in Texas.

Robin, I bet Vinnie was thinking, "YIPPEE" when he got to daycare. I hope both of you are making the most of your break. Everyone needs some time apart, whether people or beasts. I hope you get free of that ice way before May.

I've already blown most of the day. I didn't get up until 9:00 o'clock! I first woke up at 4:00, then kept dozing off and on after that. I guess my weather is similar to others. I can't say it's raining but everything is sopping wet. More like a combination of fog and mist, if there is much of a difference there. It's 45*, supposed to reach 46*. I'm still in a mode of being so happy it's above freezing, I'll gladly take the mess. But don't hold me to that after another day or two of it. I still have to make my bed and get dressed, then maybe I'll play with my taxes some more. At least I've already got some pork chops in the oven for my dinner (lunch).

Hmmm, the thermometer says 35 outside........it also indicates the sun is out. But it is actually cloudy and overcast,,,,,,,,,,and not a single snowflake has melted. Very apparent on sidewalk and driveway, where parts of concret show. LOL. Maybe I need a new weather indicator, or maybe my little weather station is just exasperated with the outside changes so is playing weather roulette with it's indicators, just having some fun. LOLOL (They are talking of perhaps some snow within the next several days......which also is supposed to be in mid 30s)

It was a dreary morning with some fog. It was in the 40s when I took my walk this morning. There
was some mist. It's in the 50s now and more rain coming. I'm glad no rain in AM since we've had
too much and I could walk.

A busy morning at church. When I got home, I took Fenix out for his stroll. Then I finished the
summary. I'm not sure what I'll do this afternoon.

robin, I hope you got your cleaning done before Vinnie gets home.

rs, I hope you found something to do besides cleaning your office.

Muzzaman, enjoy your weekend.

OC, good luck with your taxes. I sorted stuff the other day.

Poirot, I hope your day is going well.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Well, it's been nice here. This afternoon, I put the AC on a bit because my little dog was hot. Rain should be moving in over night...wee morning hours then most of the day tomorrow....last rain run Thursday morning..... Flood potential

Back